[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Romo fractured clavicle

Grits and Shins

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that the Cowboys aren't making the playoffs this year why would you rush him back?

Because Im 6-1 and running naked at QB in my fantasy league, thats why! I have a championship to win!

Lol. But seriously, how long does this type of injury usually take to heal? Any idea?

Where has it been reported that this is a fractured clavicle? I have not seen nor heard one iota of this.

Other than Week 6, I have had a key player injured during the game, and this is the third time in the first quarter.

1. Ryan Grant

2. Reggie Bush

3. Andre Johnson hurt and Finley hobbles off in 4th quarter after dominating (I lose by 2)

4. McFadden hobbles off in 3rd quarter (lose by 6 points).

5. Finley gone for good on first play of game

6. No injuries!! Amazing

7. Romo screws me.

I am now down by 3 points with Bradshaw still going against Manningham. I have a great chance to win still, but would have won in a romp. And I left McFadden on the bench.

At least I have Orton as a backup and resisted the urge to trade him.

I am sure it depends on the type of break, and the healing of the player, but I found this from when the Georgia Tech QB suffered the same injury:

Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich

This unfortunate news just came in from Georgia Tech's sports information office:

Georgia Tech sophomore Jaybo Shaw, the Yellow Jackets' top reserve quarterback, broke his collarbone during a scrimmage Saturday morning, the school announced Saturday. "It's really unfortunate," head coach Paul Johnson said in a statement. "Jaybo was playing really well and was having a good camp." With limited information, Johnson estimated that Shaw would miss 6-8 weeks. Johnson did not rule out the possibility of Shaw using 2009 as a redshirt season, but said it was much too early to speculate.

Yep. Both of my leagues where I have him, he was my only QB for obvious reasons. Fortunately, one league is short bench, so there's plenty out there. The other, well, I'd already lost Grant, Finley, and Portis, and had still gotten to 4-2 with smoke and mirrors. Gonna have to drop some of my WR platoon and a couple of middle of the road RBs like M Bush and Tolbert to load up at QB and go QBBC wtih some of the trash that's out there.

Edited by CowboysDiehard