[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If there is a work stoppage this year in the NFL

tazinib1

My local will be playing fantasy CFL actually. Yours truly will be going back to the old school of newspaper manual scoring.

hmmmm..that brings up an interesting point. If there is a work stoppage, are NFL players mandated to NOT play in another league? Say some 3rd string DT wants to stay in game shape and decides to go to the CFL for a season or whatever.

hmmmm..that brings up an interesting point. If there is a work stoppage, are NFL players mandated to NOT play in another league? Say some 3rd string DT wants to stay in game shape and decides to go to the CFL for a season or whatever.

But no one is under contract in a lockout and I am pretty sure that the contracts cannot prohibit someone from playing in a different country. If the players were locked out by the owners and are not getting paid, then I am pretty sure they can do whatever they want.

But no one is under contract in a lockout and I am pretty sure that the contracts cannot prohibit someone from playing in a different country. If the players were locked out by the owners and are not getting paid, then I am pretty sure they can do whatever they want.

If that's the case, some CFL owner should throw out some money!

But I bet few would. And honestly to me doesn't sound very interesting anyway. The most I'd do is an NCAA league.

If that's the case, some CFL owner should throw out some money!

Problem with that is that CFL salaries are very low. The salary cap for an entire team is $4.25 million. Not likely any big names will be coming north. If the NFL does shut down, hopefully the CFL will see an increase in interest. The only problem with Canadian football is 3 downs. Way too much punting.