[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All-Time Starters For Your Team

no one

I was curious on what some of the teams would look like and discussions on who should and should not be on the list.

DALLAS COWBOYS

DEFENSE:

Cornerback

Deion Sanders

Mel Renfro

Safety

Darren Woodson

Cliff Harris

Linebacker

DeMarcus Ware

Chuck Howley

Lee Roy Jordan

Defensive End

Ed "Too Tall" Jones

Charles Haley

Defensive Tackle

Randy White

Bob Lilly

OFFENSE:

Offensive Tackle

Rayfield Wright

Erik Williams

Offensive Guard

Larry Allen

Nate Newton

Center

Mark Stepnoski

Wide Receiver

Michael Irvin

Bob Hayes

Tight End

Jason Witten

Running Back

Emmitt Smith

Tony Dorsett

Quarterback

Troy Aikman

Kicker

Rafael Septien

Punter

Mat McBriar

Returner

Herschel Walker

Coach

Tom Landry

I was curious on what some of the teams would look like and discussions on who should and should not be on the list.

DALLAS COWBOYS

DEFENSE:

Cornerback

Deion Sanders

Mel Renfro

Safety

Darren Woodson

Cliff Harris

Linebacker

DeMarcus Ware

Chuck Howley

Lee Roy Jordan

Defensive End

Ed "Too Tall" Jones

Charles Haley

Defensive Tackle

Randy White

Bob Lilly

OFFENSE:

Offensive Tackle

Rayfield Wright

Erik Williams

Offensive Guard

Larry Allen

Nate Newton

Center

Mark Stepnoski

Wide Receiver

Michael Irvin

Bob Hayes

Tight End

Jason Witten

Running Back

Emmitt Smith

Tony Dorsett

Quarterback

Troy Aikman

Kicker

Rafael Septien

Punter

Mat McBriar

Returner

Herschel Walker

Coach

Tom Landry

Harvey Martin over Too Tall at DE

Rodger over Troy at QB

Danny White at Punter :wacko:

And there is no way Im putting a child molester in my All Time Starters, sorry no Septien at K

Also not sure I put in 4 OL from the 90s team. I think Id consider Ralph Neely over Nate Newton

I also think you have to get Everson Walls in there, he wasnt better than Deion, but Deion didnt play here that long.

Here is a list of the Cowboys top 50 players not playing today.

http://uweblogsports.blogspot.com/2008/07/...s-all-time.html

50. Erik Williams

Personal issues, yes. One of the best offensive linemen in the game for a decade? Yes.

49. Duane Thomas

Just two seasons, but what he lacked in franchise longevity he made up for in punch. And being kinda weird.

48. Robert Newhouse

Good pass-catching back, who served as a very useful ying to Dorsett's yang.

47. Tom Rafferty

Played 13 long seasons in the trenches of the offensive line.

46. Michael Downs

Every year, the Cowboys didn't need to worry about cornerbacks the way they do now. Thanks to guys like Downs, they knew they were solid on the sidelines.

45. Doug Cosbie

Cowboys tight ends are always so lovable. Cosbie was no exception much like two dudes that will follow.

44. Calvin Hill

Nice running back who could catch a pass or two out of the backfield. Two 1,000-yard seasons.

43. Thomas Henderson

Just when you thought this list would be boring with a ton of hillbilly white dudes.

42. Mark Stepnoski

Greatest center in franchise history. The blue behind those 1990s offensive lines that ruled the roost for so long.

41. Nate Newton

A Butterball turkey of personality. And Josh Gordon.

40. Kevin Gogan

A mammoth of a dude who helped win two rings.

39. Herb Scott

Another very, very solid offensive lineman during those great teams of the late-1970s and early-1980s.

38. Billy Joe Dupree

Fantastic second fiddle to Drew Pearson in the 1970s. Of his 34 catches in 1978, nine were for touchdowns.

37. Jethro Pugh

In the words of Hank Hill, "Sweet Jethro Pugh!" Thirteen seasons on great teams playing at least 12 games.

36. Darryl Johnston

Fullbacks are a tough read. The Moose was great, no doubt. But considering the running back (Emmitt Smith) and that offensive line (arguably the best ever) could a lesser fullback have been just as good. Sub-question: Would Johnston be as revered had he toiled on the Bucs or Colts?

35. Walt Garrison

Tough-nosed, hard-working local guy, who's as rugged as barbed wire.

34. Frank Clarke

For the early-1960s, Clarke was as "big play" as you got. Lead the league twice with 22 yards per reception. Perpetually in the top 10 in receiving categories.

33. Rafael Septien

Emmitt Smith scores two less touchdowns and Septien's your franchise-leading scorer.

32. Jim Jeffcoat

A quiet, hard worker. Never got the big headlines nationally, nor did he get the big sack totals. He didn't mouth off to opponents in the press. He played the game like it should be played. It's easy to forget that he was around for those first two Super Bowl teams.

31. Jay Novacek

I don't remember the Cowboys signing Jay Novacek. I do remember his 1989 football card and his first year as a Cowboy. Otherwise, I don't know if the Cowboys really knew what they were getting. He was so ordinary and non-existent in St. Louis and Phoenix. Then he becomes one of the best tight ends in the game as a Dallas Cowboy. All six of his Pro Bowls and all NFL accolades came in his final six years wearing silver and blue.

30. Jason Witten

Witten was good before 2007. But 2007 made him a superstar in the NFL. I can imagine him here for the next decade 'til he retires.

29. Deion Sanders

Athletic and exciting, he brought all the glitz and glamour that is Primetime to the biggest stage of Dallas.

28. Larry Cole

Very durable for 13 years playing in the trenches of the NFL through three decades. A remarkable number of touchdowns by interception (3) for a defensive tackle.

27. Don Perkins

Really nice succinct career. His numbers never really dropped off. Consistent force out of the backfield for those early Cowboys.

26. Everson Walls

Arguably the best cornerback in franchise history.

25. Lee Roy Jordan

Thirteen years as a Cowboy, six Pro Bowls. Solid, solid linebacker.

24. Bill Bates

What he lacked in physical ability, he made up for with hard work, determination and heart. When Bates intercepted Jim Harbaugh to seal the 1991 Wild Card game, it was the turning of a franchise's tide and a cherry on top of a fine career. He bleeds blue and silver as much as anyone.

23. Ralph Neely

Renowned offensive lineman, who helped anchor those nice 1960s, 1970s teams.

22. Herschel Walker

Walker gets knocked for just three seasons with the Cowboys (the 1996-97 seasons don't count) and only one really fantastic season. He's probably the best athlete Dallas has ever had.

21. Darren Woodson

Compared to the Irvins, Williamses and Letts of those 1990s teams, Woodson was everything we loved about those teams.

20. John Niland

Six Pro Bowls and annually considered one of the best in the league. Anchored some mighty O-lines on some good teams.

19. Harvey Martin

Another local guy who was perpetually one of the best defensive linemen in the game. A Super Bowl co-MVP doesn't hurt.

18. Ed Jones

Helped define the team when the NFL was becoming a top-tier sport and the Cowboys could easily be seen by millions thanks to cable and network TV. Just a monster on the line. If only he could've tipped Joe Montana's pass to Dwight Clark.

17. Danny White

He's the type that slung it around so much you had to like him. He was the motor in those early 1980s teams.

16. Drew Pearson

For the time, he put up gigantic receiving numbers for a series of Super Bowl-caliber teams. Some of his franchise numbers still stick even after 30 years of some nice offenses.

15. Tony Dorsett

It's very important to denote the running game. The Cowboys have been a running team for years especially during their good years (1970s, 1990s, now). Dorsett was the second best back in franchise history. He was game-breaking, he was a horse.

14. Don Meredith

Sure his stats speak for themselves and he was annually in the top 10 in the league in about every passing category, but it meant a lot that he was a local kid and he was so damn likable. The Monday Night Football stuff is gravy.

13. Bob Hayes

He was TO before there was a TO. A killer game-changing receiver that just made you better.

12. Cliff Harris

There were few defensive backs better in his era in the NFL.

11. Michael Irvin

Someone should write a book about the triplets -- Irvin, Emmitt Smith and Troy Aikman -- and look into the roles they played for Cowboys fans. Irvin, I say, was the guts. He re-wrote the way receivers play the game and he played balls out. Other receivers just caught touchdowns, but Irvin just won

10. Larry Allen

The best offensive lineman in franchise history on the best offensive line in history.

9. Emmitt Smith

Did anyone else get the feeling Smith didn't want to be there? Maybe it's because he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. He always came off as aloof and spacey. The hold-out in 1993 just exacerbated this feeling.

8. Charlie Waters

Between the stout playing career in the secondary and the post-career association with the team, he's a lifer. He's the type of guy that will make the top 10 of a lot of lists, including this one.

7. Chuck Howley

Name me a better linebacker. Go on. Howley is all-Cowboy team, representin' those early years.

6. Mel Renfro

A stalwart in the defensive secondary of some fantastic Cowboys teams. He made plays, plain and simple.

5. Rayfield Wright

Let's see: Larry Allen on the left; Wright on the right. I don't think a defensive end would've breathed on a Cowboy quarterback if they played together. Also, one of the nicest guys around.

4. Troy Aikman

You match the stats with the intensity, attitude and the indeliable ability to win and you have a modern hero of the game. He's as big of a cog in the success of this franchise as any other player.

3. Randy White

The honors, stats, attitude, longevity and play speak for themselves. He's an active guy in the area. That mustache is as much of a team symbol as Crazy Ray or the star.

2. Bob Lilly

There's tough, then there's Lilly. There's good, then there's Lilly. There have been hundreds of Dallas Cowboys. Most couldn't sniff Lilly's jock.

1. Roger Staubach

He means everything. A no-brainer.

Edited by Living the Dream

I'll preface this by saying that I didn't include anyone who played before the 70's, as not only wasn't I old enough to watch them play, I've never even seen enough highlights to warrant an opinion. Therefore, greats that I've read about, like Jack Butler (CB), John Henry Johnson (RB), Bobby Layne (QB), Ernie Stautner (DT), Elbie Nickel (TE) & Frank Varrichone (OT) weren't considered. Also, I went with the 3-4 defense, because I liked the defense I put together better that way.

Pittsburgh Steelers

DEFENSE:

Cornerback

Mel Blount

Rod Woodson

Safety

Troy Polamalu

Carnell Lake

Inside Linebacker

Jack Lambert

Levon Kirkland

Outside Linebacker

Jack Ham

Greg Lloyd

Defensive End

L.C. Greenwood

Dwight White

Defensive Tackle

Joe Greene

OFFENSE:

Offensive Tackle

Jon Kolb

Larry Brown

Offensive Guard

Alan Faneca

Sam Davis

Center

Mike Webster

Wide Receiver

Hines Ward

Lynn Swann

Tight End

Heath Miller

Running Back

Franco Harris

Jerome Bettis

Quarterback

Terry Bradshaw

Kicker

Gary Anderson

Punter

Bobby Walden

Returner

Rod Woodson

Coach

Chuck Knoll

Toughest Omissions

Dermonti Dawson © - He would make almost anyone else's team, but, I had to go with Webster.

John Stallworth (WR) - It is tough to choose two between Stallworth, Swann & Ward

Donnie Shell (SS) - Shell was great, but, I think Carnell Lake was under-appreciated because they never won it all

Aaron Smith (DE) - Another guy who is under-appreciated. He has meant a lot to that defensive line for a long time. It was a tough call between him and White.

Andy Russell (LB) - Tough to leave him off of the list, but, I think Greg Lloyd was well on his way to the Hall of Fame before tearing up his knee.

Other Tough Omissions

Ben Roethlisberger (QB)

Casey Hampton (DT)

James Harrison (LB)

Joey Porter (LB)

James Farrior (LB)

Louis Lipps (WR)

Mike Wagner (FS)

Rocky Bleier (RB)

Barry Foster (RB)

Mark Bruener (TE)

Eric Greene (TE)

Bruce Van Dyke (OG)

Bill Cowher (Coach)

We'll try the Seahawks

Corner--

Shawn Springs

Dave Brown

Safety--

Kenny Easley

Eugene Robinson

LB--

Chad Brown

Rufus Porter

Fredd Young

DE--

Jacob Green

Michael Sinclair

DT---

Cortez Kennedy

Joe Nash

OFFENSE

T--

Walter Jones

Howard Ballard

G--

Steve Hutchinson

Chris Gray

C--

Robbie Tobeck

WR--

Steve Largent

Brian Blades

TE--

Mike Tice

RB--

Shaun Alexander

FB--

John L. Williams

QB--

Matt Hasselbeck

We'll try the Seahawks

Corner--

Shawn Springs

Dave Brown

Safety--

Kenny Easley

Eugene Robinson

LB--

Chad Brown

Rufus Porter

Fredd Young

DE--

Jacob Green

Michael Sinclair

DT---

Cortez Kennedy

Joe Nash

OFFENSE

T--

Walter Jones

Howard Ballard

G--

Steve Hutchinson

Chris Gray

C--

Robbie Tobeck

WR--

Steve Largent

Brian Blades

TE--

Mike Tice

RB--

Shaun Alexander

FB--

John L. Williams

QB--

Matt Hasselbeck

:wacko:

Oh wait, you were serious..............

:tup:

ATLANTA FALCONS

Defense

Cornerback

Deion Sanders (Sanders was drafted by the Falcons and made his name there, he's the reason I am a Falcons fan)

Ray Buchanan

Safety

Ken Reaves

Scott Case

Linebacker

Jessie Tuggle

Tommy Nobis

Keith Brooking

Defensive End

Claude Humphrey

Chuck Smith (John Abraham is quickly encroaching on this spot; HM to Patrick Kerney)

Defensive Tackle

Travis Hall

Jonathan Babineaux (sad but there's nobody else that deserves to be here)

Offense

Offensive Tackle

Mike Kenn

Bob Whitfield

Offensive Guard

Bill Fralic

Chris Hinton

Center

Jeff Van Note

Wide Receiver

Roddy White (Falcons leader in every single season receiving category except TDs; Andre Rison had 15 TDs in 1993)

Terrance Mathis (Falcons leader in every career receiving category)

Tight End

Alge Crumpler (HM to Jim Mitchell; Gonzo is still a Chief, he just plays for us)

Running Back

Gerald Riggs

Jamal Anderson (HM to William Andrews, look out for Mike Turner if he stays healthy)

Quarterback

Steve Bartkowski (I will always have a soft spot for Chandler for getting us to the Superbowl but he's not an All-time Falcon)

Kicker

Morten Andersen (Sorry Saints fans, he holds all of our kicking records too)

Punter

Michael Koenen

Kick Returner

Deion Sanders

Head Coach

Dan Reeves

Detroit Lions

QB

Bobby Lane

RB

Barry Sanders

Doak Walker

WR

Herman Moore

Gail Codgill

Calvin Johnson

TE

Charlie Sanders

OL

Lomas Brown

Lou Creekmer

Ed Flanagan

DL

Alex Karras

Doug English

Roger Brown

Al Baker

LB

Joe Schmidt

Wayne Walker

Chris Spielman

DB

Lem Barney

Dick "Night Train" Lane

Yale Lary

Jack Christiansen

P

Jim Arnold

KR/PR

Mel Gray

PK

Jason "I've never had to make a big kick in my entire career" Hanson

:wacko:

MN Vikings

DEFENSE:

Cornerback

Bobby Bryant

Carl Lee

Honorable Mention: Antoine Winfield

Safety

Paul Krause

Joey Browner

Linebacker

Matt Blair

Scott Studwell

Jeff Siemon / Wally Hilgenberg ??

Defensive End

Carl Eller

Jim Marshall

Honorable Mention: Chris Doleman, Jared Allen

Defensive Tackle

Alan Page

John Randall

Honorable Mention: Keith Millard, Kevin Williams, Gary Larsen

OFFENSE:

Offensive Tackle

Gary Zimmerman, Ron Yary

Honorable Mention: Grady Alderman

Offensive Guard

Randall McDaniel, Ed White

Honorable Mention: Steve Hutchinson, David Dixon

Center

Mick Tinglehoff

Honorable Mention: Matt Birk

Wide Receiver

Chris Carter

Randy Moss

Honorable Mention: Ahmad Rashad, Anthony Carter

Tight End

Steve Jordan

Honorable Mention: Joe Sensor

Running Back

Chuck Foreman

Adrian Peterson

Honorable Mention: Bill Brown, Robert Smith, Ted Brown

Quarterback

Fran Tarkenton

Honorable Mention: Kramer, Culpepper

Kicker

Fred Cox

Punter

Greg Coleman

Returner

Percy Harvin

Coach

Bud Grant

Admittedly, I was born in 1975, and don't remember watching Vikings' games until the early 80's. So, for some of the Minnesota fans who have been around longer than I, feel free to chime in. A couple of comments:

- Seems like a pretty solid roster, at most of the offensive positions. Moss is in the top two WR's, no doubt, based on numbers alone. If I go with my heart, it's either Rashad or Anthony Carter.

- On defense, I'm not sure you'll find a stronger all-time defensive line, especially the defensive tackles... Page, Randall, Williams, and one-time NFL Defensive POY Millard as honorable mention. That's tough to beat. On the flipside, linebacker and cornerback are VERY weak. Safeties are pretty solid... Krause is the all-time INT leader (in NFL history), and you could make a highlight video of Browner's one-handed tackles alone.

- For return guys, there haven't been any true studs in recent history. Darren Nelson leads the team, all-time, in KR yards, but never returned a kickoff for a TD. Leo Lewis leads in PR yards, and had one return for a TD. David Palmer leads in combined return yards, and had three combined return TD's. Buster Rhymes has the coolest name. I'm going with Harvin, who in just two seasons, has already tied Palmer with three touchdown returns.

Edited to fix "I'M A TOOL" Eller and Lee. :wacko:

Edited by Gopher

DALLAS COWBOYS

DEFENSE:

Cornerback

Deion Sanders

Mel Renfro

Safety

Darren Woodson

Cliff Harris

Linebacker

DeMarcus Ware

Chuck Howley

Lee Roy Jordan

Defensive End

Ed "Too Tall" Jones

Charles Haley

Defensive Tackle

Randy White

Bob Lilly

OFFENSE:

Offensive Tackle

Rayfield Wright

Erik Williams

Offensive Guard

Larry Allen

Nate Newton

Center

Mark Stepnoski

Wide Receiver

Michael Irvin

Bob Hayes

Tight End

Jason Witten

Running Back

Emmitt Smith

Tony Dorsett

Quarterback

Troy Aikman

Kicker

Rafael Septien

Punter

Mat McBriar

Returner

Herschel Walker

Coach

Tom Landry

you gotta put Drew Pearson in there somewhere, like move Hayes to return guy and put in Pearson at WR2. Later with Herschel, the best part of him is what we got in turn from the Vikings :wacko: You also may need to include Gil Brandt (scouting and developement) and Ernie Stoutner (Def. Co.) and Norv Turner (Off. Co.)

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Denver Broncos:

cornerback:

louis wright, champ bailey (ray crockett)

safety:

steve atwater, dennis smith (steve foley, goose gonsoulin, tyrone braxton, billy thompson, john lynch)

linebacker:

randy gradishar, tom jackson, karl mecklenberg, al wilson (simon fletcher, bob swenson, john mobley)

D-Line:

tombstone jackson, rulon jones, rubin carter, trevor pryce (greg kragen, elvis dumerville, barney chavous, paul smith)

OT:

gary zimmerman, ken lanier (matt lepsis, tony jones, dave studdard)

OG:

keith bishop, mark schlereth (doug widdell, brian habib)

C:

tom nalen

WR:

rod smith, lionel taylor (ed mccaffrey, steve watson, haven moses, vance johnson)

RB:

terrell davis, floyd little (sammy winder, bobby humphries, otis armstrong)

FB:

howard griffith

TE:

shannon sharpe

QB:

:oldgrin:

K: jason elam, P: mike horan

returner: rick upchurch

Edited by Azazello1313

you gotta put Drew Pearson in there somewhere, like move Hayes to return guy and put in Pearson at WR2.

Nice post as that was actually one of the harder desisions to make on this list. Some BIG names needed to be left off and there are always opinions either way.

It's nice a team has a hsitory that you have to decide Hayes or Pearson. :wacko:

Harvey Martin over Too Tall at DE

Rodger over Troy at QB

Danny White at Punter :wacko:

And there is no way Im putting a child molester in my All Time Starters, sorry no Septien at K

Also not sure I put in 4 OL from the 90s team. I think Id consider Ralph Neely over Nate Newton

I also think you have to get Everson Walls in there, he wasnt better than Deion, but Deion didnt play here that long.

Martin or Too Tall -- Rodger or Trop = Nice problems to have

Danny at punter ... I'll never forget the sack that knocks him silly and he wobbles back to punt ... shank!

Septien ON THE FIELD is the second all time Dallas Cowboys scorer.

We have had a few others that could go in at OL Neely def fits the bill.

Everson was one of my all time fav Cowboys but Deion is HOF

Cornerback

Jason Sehorn

Corey Webster

Safety

Terry Kinard

Emlen Tunnell

Linebacker

Lawrence Taylor

Harry Carson

Sam Huff

Pepper Johnson

Defensive End

Michael Strahan

Osi Umenyiora

Leonard Marshall

Defensive Tackle

Justin Tuck

Rosie Grier

Jim Burt

OFFENSE:

Offensive Line

Jumbo Elliot

Mel Hein

Roosevelt Brown

Center

Bart Oates

Wide Receiver

Plaxico Burress

Frank Gifford

Amani Toomer

Tight End

Mark Bavaro

Running Back

Tiki Barber

Joe Morris

Quarterback

Phil Simms

Kicker

Pat Summerall

Punter

Sean Landeta

Returner

Dave Meggett

Coach

Bill Parcells

Edited by SheikYerbuti

I'll try for the Dolphins.

Miami Dolphins[/b][/size]

Defense

Defensive End

Jason Taylor

Doug Betters

Defensive Tackle

Bob Baumhower

Manny Fernandez

Linebacker

Nick Buoniconti

Zach Thomas

Safety

Jake Scott

Dick Anderson

Cornerback

Patrick Surtain

Sam Madison

Offense

Offensive Tackle

Richmond Webb

Norm Evans

Offensive Guard

Larry Little

Bob Kuechenberg

Center

Dwight Stephenson

Jim Langer

Wide Receiver

Paul Warfield

Mark Clayton

Mark Duper

Nat Moore

Tight End

Bruce Hardy

Running Back

Jim Kiick

Ricky Williams

Fullback

Larry Csonka

Quarterback

Dan Marino

Bob Griese

Punter

Reggie Roby

Kicker

Garo Yepremian

Kick Returner

Mercury Morris

Coach

Don Shula

Green Bay Packers

DEFENSE:

Cornerback

Charles Woodson

Bobby Dillon

Safety

LeRoy Butler

Nick Collins

Linebacker

Ray Nitschke

Clay Matthews :wacko:

Defensive End

Reggie White

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila

Defensive Tackle

Henry Jordan

Gilbert Brown

OFFENSE:

Offensive Tackle

Forrest Gregg

Chad Clifton

Offensive Guard

Jerry Kramer

Marco Rivera

Center

Jim Ringo

Wide Receiver

Don Hutson

Sterling Sharpe

Tight End

Mark Chmura

Running Back

Paul Hornung

Ahman Green

Fullback

Jim Taylor

Quarterback

Bart Starr

Kicker

Ryan Longwell

Punter

Josh Bidwell

Returner

Johnny Blood

Coach

Vince Lombardi

you gotta put Drew Pearson in there somewhere, like move Hayes to return guy and put in Pearson at WR2. Later with Herschel, the best part of him is what we got in turn from the Vikings :wacko: You also may need to include Gil Brandt (scouting and developement) and Ernie Stoutner (Def. Co.) and Norv Turner (Off. Co.)

And Tex Schram the only real GM we ever had. :tup:

Colts. My criteria is what they did w/the Colts, not career (obvious for some it's the same). I'll probably change a few after thinking about it more.

QB:

Johnny U

Manning

HB:

L Mitchell

E James

L Moore

FB:

Ameche (not Don)

WR

M Harrison

R Carr

R Berry

B Brooks

TE

Mackey

Clark

OL

J Saturday

Huff

C Hinton

T Glenn

J Parker

DL

A Donovan

Billy Ray Smith

Bubba Smith

F Cook

LB

M Curtis

T Hendricks

J Herrod

Bickett

CB

R Volk

W Harris

S

J Belser

B Sanders

PK

Vandy. Yes Vandy, the stupid idiot kicker, despite a big miss or 2. No other Colt PK matches him overall.

P

Stark

PK

Vandy. Yes Vandy, the stupid idiot kicker, despite a big miss or 2. No other Colt PK matches him overall.

IIRC, it was "liquored up kicker", which is one of the all time great Manning lines. Better than any commercial or SNL skit he's ever done.

Rodger over Troy at QB

Also not sure I put in 4 OL from the 90s team

Agree on Staubach . Troy was terrific but Staubach is my all time favorite Cowboy

You're probably right about the linemen as well but isnt it crazy when you think how dominant that line was ? They would just blow people off the ball. Then for good measure, moose polished off anyone that was left standing

Edited by whomper

I'll preface this by saying that I didn't include anyone who played before the 70's, as not only wasn't I old enough to watch them play, I've never even seen enough highlights to warrant an opinion. Therefore, greats that I've read about, like Jack Butler (CB), John Henry Johnson (RB), Bobby Layne (QB), Ernie Stautner (DT), Elbie Nickel (TE) & Frank Varrichone (OT) weren't considered. Also, I went with the 3-4 defense, because I liked the defense I put together better that way.

Pittsburgh Steelers

DEFENSE:

Cornerback

Mel Blount

Rod Woodson

Safety

Troy Polamalu

Carnell Lake

Inside Linebacker

Jack Lambert

Levon Kirkland

Outside Linebacker

Jack Ham

Greg Lloyd

Defensive End

L.C. Greenwood

Dwight White

Defensive Tackle

Joe Greene

OFFENSE:

Offensive Tackle

Jon Kolb

Larry Brown

Offensive Guard

Alan Faneca

Sam Davis

Center

Mike Webster

Wide Receiver

Hines Ward

Lynn Swann

Tight End

Heath Miller

Running Back

Franco Harris

Jerome Bettis

Quarterback

Terry Bradshaw

Kicker

Gary Anderson

Punter

Bobby Walden

Returner

Rod Woodson

Coach

Chuck Knoll

Toughest Omissions

Dermonti Dawson © - He would make almost anyone else's team, but, I had to go with Webster.

John Stallworth (WR) - It is tough to choose two between Stallworth, Swann & Ward

Donnie Shell (SS) - Shell was great, but, I think Carnell Lake was under-appreciated because they never won it all

Aaron Smith (DE) - Another guy who is under-appreciated. He has meant a lot to that defensive line for a long time. It was a tough call between him and White.

Andy Russell (LB) - Tough to leave him off of the list, but, I think Greg Lloyd was well on his way to the Hall of Fame before tearing up his knee.

Other Tough Omissions

Ben Roethlisberger (QB)

Casey Hampton (DT)

James Harrison (LB)

Joey Porter (LB)

James Farrior (LB)

Louis Lipps (WR)

Mike Wagner (FS)

Rocky Bleier (RB)

Barry Foster (RB)

Mark Bruener (TE)

Eric Greene (TE)

Bruce Van Dyke (OG)

Bill Cowher (Coach)

I would swap Ben for Bradshaw and I'm sure I've seen harrison at ilb in limited duty a couple years ago so I would put him in on a technicality over Kirkland but otherwise I have no gripes. I'd also add Kevin Greene to tough omission list.