[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Phantom Holding call on Bears punt return cost

vikinglion

Ok. In our league special teams points counts.

I had the Bears special teams today.

Near the end of the Bears-Packers game, the Bears pulled quite a nice fake out play.

Devin Hester faked catching the punt, but Johnny Knox actually caught it and went for a touchdown.

That touchdown may have meant victory to me.

But NOOOO!!! A phantom flag for holding on th eBEars.

But there was clearly no one holding.

It wasn't even close.

I watched the replay.

Was the fix in?

Did anyone else see this travesty?

What did I miss?

Thank you for letting me vent.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. In our league special teams points counts.

I had the Bears special teams today.

Near the end of the Bears-Packers game, the Bears pulled quite a nice fake out play.

Devin Hester faked catching the punt, but Johnny Knox actually caught it and went for a touchdown.

That touchdown may have meant victory to me.

But NOOOO!!! A phantom flag for holding on th eBEars.

But there was clearly no one holding.

It wasn't even close.

I watched the replay.

Was the fix in?

Did anyone else see this travesty?

What did I miss?

Thank you for letting me vent.

Fix was in... Travesty...

:wacko:

Still was a bs call. The real holding was on Woodson holding up Hester when he would have went for 6. oh well. sometimes refs suck and you just gotta take it.

Because Hester would have reeled it in with his amazing hands.

And I disagree with you saying Woodson held onto him. He fell down and tripped up Hester. Did you watch the game, or read someones play by play?

And I disagree with you saying Woodson held onto him. He fell down and tripped up Hester. Did you watch the game, or read someones play by play?

Woodson interfered period. Let it go. The Green and Yellow team won.

and btw I'm sure you are just ripping on Hester, which is deserved since he can't catch, but you don't blow off a call cause the guys got less than average hands.

So now you're admitting that Woodson didn't hold? I think the ref saw it as incendental contact. I'm aware which team won, stop making excuses.

excuses for nothing. It was just a poorly officiated game. I'm done with this thread. I'll assume you're still drinking since you're a little incoherent. :wacko: Chill man.

excuses for nothing. It was just a poorly officiated game. I'm done with this thread. I'll assume you're still drinking since you're a little incoherent. :wacko: Chill man.

I couldn't agree more. For instance getting the call wrong on that fumble recovery was atrocious. Still, calls happen. When you double a team up in first downs, get 100 more yards than they do, and hold the ball for 15 more minutes than them at their home field, well then you don't have to worry about the calls.

For instance getting the call wrong on that fumble recovery was atrocious.

That was a brutal call. I realize it was called a recovery on the field, so it was harder to overturn, but watching the replays it looked plainly obvious that he didn't have possession until his body was touching the sideline.

For the record, I have no vested interest in this game.

No crying here. Bears got beat fair and square.

But that punt return was a special piece of special team trickery and it's a shame they negated it due to a ghost penalty, calling it on #21 Corey Graham who clearly wasn't close enough to breath on someone let alone hold them. I'm sure more than a few FFL and betting breas fans are grousing today.

Gotta love this. Comes in whining about a call and then tells someone to "let it go".

Hold on chief. I didn't whine about a call. reread the whole post.. Let it go was because he kept misquoting me and was incoherent. Don't join him.

Edited by SNOWBOUND33

No crying here. Bears got beat fair and square.

But that punt return was a special piece of special team trickery and it's a shame they negated it due to a ghost penalty, calling it on #21 Corey Graham who clearly wasn't close enough to breath on someone let alone hold them. I'm sure more than a few FFL and betting breas fans are grousing today.

:wacko:

Go to the video Big John linked, then pause at the 5 second mark, and please tell me what is causing the Green Bay gunner to break stride and lean to the left. TIA.

Hold on chief. I didn't whine about a call.

You're right. You didn't whine about a call. You're whining about multiple calls.

Still was a bs call. The real holding was on Woodson holding up Hester when he would have went for 6. oh well. sometimes refs suck and you just gotta take it.

You're right. You didn't whine about a call. You're whining about multiple calls.

Not whining. Pointing out. Are you saying that Woodson didn't affect Hester????? Much more important non call than the "phantom" hold.

I will not spend my time in a pissing match with you Billy. I've been around here a long time and your reputation preceeds you. :wacko: