[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade veto

theeohiostate

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

password protecting your forums costs nothing

oops wrong forum, random circle index finger goes to the better luck next year forum

Ok I'm done, TOS to note this trade has not been vetoed, TOS is a cocommish and the rosters are reading the trade is good, so please lets stop the hands across america for TOS

Edited by hollywood_69

password protecting your forums costs nothing

oops wrong forum, random circle index finger goes to the better luck next year forum

Ok I'm done, TOS to note this trade has not been vetoed, TOS is a cocommish and the rosters are reading the trade is good, so please lets stop the hands across america for TOS

That is not the case , BM is commish and has the final say. So, as far as I know the trade is being reversed per his email and post in the forum.

PS , didn't you like that song in the 80's "We are the World" ?

Take out the names and it's still a bullchit veto. As a Michigan fan I naturally hate TOS anyway.

If I was in any league that tried to veto a trade where collusion wasn't suspected, I would play out the season (maybe) and quit. It is beyond stupid to assume that you know how a trade will turn out.

Edited by Menudo

Take out the names and it's still a bullchit veto. As a Michigan fan I naturally hate TOS anyway.

I tend to agree, and I vote that the trade should be vetoed just because his user name is "THEohiostate"... It doesn't even make any freaking sense. If you said THE University of Michigan, that would be fine, but you're not the state. You're THE university that loses big games to better conferences :wacko:

Na seriously, just because you're dealing form a position of weakness in need of a RB doesn't mean you don't have the right to get ripped off a little bit to gain some upside and at least a stop-gap there.

(ETA: should have put "ripped off in quotes, because it's purely a matter of opinion who ends up on top in this trade by year's end)

Edited by delusions of granduer

To me it's about principles in the end, it's my damn team and my money paid to play , so don't mess with my rights to trade provided I'm not careless or throwing in the towels

Yup, coughed up a decent chunk of change to play in the league and I'll be danged if someone thinks they can tell me who I can and can't trade. I commish my local and if that same trade came across the wires I'd rubber stamp that sucker without batting an eyelash.

If I was in any league that tried to veto a trade where collusion wasn't suspected, I would play out the season (maybe) and quit. It is beyond stupid to assume that you know how a trade will turn out.
Part of the art of trading is finding teams that have a need and filling that need. This would be my last year in that league.

:wacko:

Edited by slambo

BOTH league trade being objected too, please share your thoughts

Slambo trades away

Miles Austin

to TOS for

Garcon

J.Battle

I love my end of the deal , and while I think i did fair better based on name recognition and my own personal opinion , Slambo's team has no startable RB's at this time .

A commish overturn is a little shocking to me. I realize I'm biased here, but Garcon is currently the #8 WR through 6 weeks of the season and the clear #1 in Indy and while I certainly think Austin will outproduce him the rest of the way, it's hard to think with a savy vetern FF player like Slambo offering me up this deal he didn't weight out the pros and cons for his own team

The trade is fine and should not be vetoed but Garcon is NOT the clear cut #1 in Indy.

+1 this league is now a joke - the trade is fine.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

+1 this league is now a joke - the trade is fine.

This is really a great league , we have most of the original owners for 6 seasons and BM is a good commish , I think he probably had a bad day at work and slammed the trade before thinking. My hope is he'll get on today, see the posts and quickly realize it's not in the best interest of the league to start interfering with trades. In 6 seasons this is the only trade to ever be vetoed, and at $300 per owner to enter , I expect all our owners to have a solid grasp of their roster and manage their teams well. We'll see, either way my team remains solid , but I'd hate to have any animosity among this group of owners, all are great and responsible , respectful and insightful managers of their teams.

as I check the rosters again this morning the trade went through, no need to bash the commish.

I don't think BM knows how to reverse the trade on MFL , as I've always done the MFL set up etc..... , So I'm waiting for confirmation of his email and post directly to me before i reverse the deal. As it stands now, the trade is being vetoed and reversed.

it's just that one of my biggest fantasy football pet peeves is vetoeing trades. i do not even like the idea of trades needing a vote for approval (unless the integrity of the league is damaged). not trying to bash anyone, here.

my other pet peeve is waiver wires on tuesdays, before the injury reports are solid. ww should be as close to thursday as possible. my 2 cents

I don't think BM knows how to reverse the trade on MFL , as I've always done the MFL set up etc..... , So I'm waiting for confirmation of his email and post directly to me before i reverse the deal. As it stands now, the trade is being vetoed and reversed.

Curious does MFL not allow you to set it up so that the Commish has to approve the trade? (That is how our league is setup on CBS.) If it does, and your league is not set up that way, does the commish really have authority to veto a trade (is it in your rules)?

I've been co commish of my local league for 15+ years and we have NEVER vetoed any trade. But we have it set up for commish approval so that we does have that chance if the trade is totally bogus, and so that other things like draft picks (which are covered in a comment on the trade) can be noted for the future.