[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronnie Brown Signed by Chargers

McBoog

You should be the first person listed in a thread titled "Rude and unimportant people that are a waste of the oxygen they use and should be ignored".

If you read the story, a reach to expect and monumental effort for you I'm sure, you will see that there is a real possibility that Brown (that would be Ronny Brown, the guy that signed and discussed in the article) could assume a role very much like Sproles (Darren Sproles, who left a HUGH hole when he signed as a FA, ummmm, F-r-e-e A-g-e-n-t, [since I'm sure that the "FA" went right passed you with a "duhhhh...whahhh...."] with the Saints) filled on the team (meaning the Chargers if you are already getting lost). Skill set described is very similar. Expected third down role and use in two minute O.

"Why would this be more more than insignificant in a FF sense?", your drug rotted, pea brain might ask? Well....... Because there has been A LOT of hype about Ryan Mathews potential breakout season/cross over to elite status/250+ touch potential season. Think this signing might cut into those touches, especially on third down, and be a factor to be considered in a FF, crap... F-a-n-t-a-s-y F-o-o-t-b-a-l-l draft when considering RM, oh, I mean R-y-a-n M-a-t-h-e-w-s?

Also, as RB, dang, sorry, my bad again :shrug: , R-o-n-n-y B-r-o-w-n (easier?) is practically sold as "The Guy" if Mathews goes down with an injury, which based on his first two years, is a very real possibility, ya think there might be some value to him that is a little more than "insigfificant" (like your opinion on everything)? Can you say "hand cuff"? I knew you could! (Especially since you have certainly worn many pairs in you life as well.)

People like you (if that is what you are) have made TH a lot less... Sh!t, I did it again, sorry, T-h-e H-u-d-d-l-e, a lot less fun and more uncivil place, and is a HUGH reason, I think, why I see less of the Huddlers I knew from years ago posting here.

There sweetie. I think I spelled it A-L-L out for you. Clearer now?

Now stop obsessing over me and stalking my posts. It has gotten creepy over the last few years! Good talk though. :wink:

R-o-n-n-i-e

just sayin'

:unsure:

and considering how terrible he looked in Philly last year (so bad they tried to trade him for a guy with a brain tumor) I'm not sure there is much fantasy football implication barring a Mathews injury :shrug:

Edited by Zooty

there is a real possibility that Brown (that would be Ronny Brown, the guy that signed and discussed in the article) could assume a role very much like Sproles (Darren Sproles, who left a HUGH hole when he signed as a FA. Skill set described is very similar. Expected third down role and use in two minute O.

We have a thread for that too:

http://forums.thehud...fantasy-season/

Couldn't help my self. Sorry! :D

Edited by Papajohn

R-o-n-n-i-e

just sayin'

:unsure:

and considering how terrible he looked in Philly last year (so bad they tried to trade him for a guy with a brain tumor) I'm not sure there is much fantasy football implication barring a Mathews injury :shrug:

perfect.

Brown in a "Sproles-like role"? Not seeing that at all. Their styles are so different, I don't see how Brown does anything similar to what Sproles did in SD.

I see this as much more of a depth move, and an indication - given Brown's success or lack thereof given all the opportunity he had to shine in MIA and couldn't get it done - that SD is not happy with the RBs on the roster not named Mathews, and they recognize given Mathews' injury history that they need at least someone moderately competent should Mathews go down. I could be dead wrong, but this looks like an indicator that the only SD RB worth a FF rostering with any expectation of any production at all is Mathews and that Mathews owners should roster Brown very late in drafts or as a WW pickup to back up Mathews. It also tells me that SD isn't blowing smoke when they are saying that they intend Mathews to be a bell cow.

You should be the first person listed in a thread titled "Rude and unimportant people that are a waste of the oxygen they use and should be ignored".

If you read the story, a reach to expect and monumental effort for you I'm sure, you will see that there is a real possibility that Brown (that would be Ronny Brown, the guy that signed and discussed in the article) could assume a role very much like Sproles (Darren Sproles, who left a HUGH hole when he signed as a FA, ummmm, F-r-e-e A-g-e-n-t, [since I'm sure that the "FA" went right passed you with a "duhhhh...whahhh...."] with the Saints) filled on the team (meaning the Chargers if you are already getting lost). Skill set described is very similar. Expected third down role and use in two minute O.

"Why would this be more more than insignificant in a FF sense?", your drug rotted, pea brain might ask? Well....... Because there has been A LOT of hype about Ryan Mathews potential breakout season/cross over to elite status/250+ touch potential season. Think this signing might cut into those touches, especially on third down, and be a factor to be considered in a FF, crap... F-a-n-t-a-s-y F-o-o-t-b-a-l-l draft when considering RM, oh, I mean R-y-a-n M-a-t-h-e-w-s?

Also, as RB, dang, sorry, my bad again :shrug: , R-o-n-n-y B-r-o-w-n (easier?) is practically sold as "The Guy" if Mathews goes down with an injury, which based on his first two years, is a very real possibility, ya think there might be some value to him that is a little more than "insigfificant" (like your opinion on everything)? Can you say "hand cuff"? I knew you could! (Especially since you have certainly worn many pairs in you life as well.)

People like you (if that is what you are) have made TH a lot less... Sh!t, I did it again, sorry, T-h-e H-u-d-d-l-e, a lot less fun and more uncivil place, and is a HUGH reason, I think, why I see less of the Huddlers I knew from years ago posting here.

Now stop obsessing over me and stalking my posts. It has gotten creepy over the last few years! Good talk though. :wink:

:rofl:

Brown in a "Sproles-like role"? Not seeing that at all. Their styles are so different, I don't see how Brown does anything similar to what Sproles did in SD.

I see this as much more of a depth move, and an indication - given Brown's success or lack thereof given all the opportunity he had to shine in MIA and couldn't get it done - that SD is not happy with the RBs on the roster not named Mathews, and they recognize given Mathews' injury history that they need at least someone moderately competent should Mathews go down. I could be dead wrong, but this looks like an indicator that the only SD RB worth a FF rostering with any expectation of any production at all is Mathews and that Mathews owners should roster Brown very late in drafts or as a WW pickup to back up Mathews. It also tells me that SD isn't blowing smoke when they are saying that they intend Mathews to be a bell cow.

These are excellent points! Will this be the Gore, Williams, Smith workload, or will they give Mathews some rest during the game to keep him fresh. Norv has gone both ways, but has better success going with the one back focus. Other things I've heard plus this from the article...

"Brown's ability to catch passes and block make him an ideal fill-in on third down. It is expected that McClain, the starting fullback, will be the No.2 ballcarrier. But Brown will have an opportunity to earn more carries and will be available in the case of injury."

I lean more to your analysis, but thought I would throw out a possibility that is less "insignificant" than other insignificant back up online signings as this effects players most of us actually draft.

The Chargers did wait on this signing and I don't sense any panic on their part. Brown is a good blocker and can catch, so I do see a bit role in certain situations.

In an injury scenario, McClain is the real handcuff with Hester moving to FB in the event of a Mathews injury. IMHO.

OH... FB = f-u-l-l-b-a-c-k (good Whacko? :) )

This. Although, If Mathews goes down, I wouldn't hold out much hope for Brinkley to produce much.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for Brown either. If Mathews goes down they are SNICKERSed!

The guy seems to have less left in the tank than Ryan Grant and others who are available. Still, occassionally some of these guys can have one season at their age where they repature some of the magic. I would not bet on it, but I will watch for the circumstance to start forming up.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for Brown either. If Mathews goes down they are SNICKERSed!

I think of Brown as an emergency back, who's biggest role on the team will be the veteran mentor to all of the young backs.

On the field I think Brown is broken down and offers very little, but could be invaluable to Mathews, Brinkley, and Baker.

He should also be the 1st person listed in a thread titled "Useless owners who suck at FF and cant manage the team they own so they let it go to crap and then quit the league (Hardcore Homers), all while having plenty of time posting useless garbage in other forums"

Just sayin...

He should also be the 1st person listed in a thread titled "Useless owners who suck at FF and cant manage the team they own so they let it go to crap and then quit the league (Hardcore Homers), all while having plenty of time posting useless garbage in other forums"

Just sayin...

:lol: Not that this is the place for this but I'll put this out there and stop.

I had always been a very active owner in that league. Missing the start of free agency, after it went off original scheduling, was an honest mistake and then I offered to pay for another team taking it over cause I honestly didn't have the time in the revised free agency period (you see, it was one of those times I was somewhat forced into 70-80 hour work weeks for a short time period). It's my understanding a team was available for me and took over (I also understand free agency stopped because I wasn't the only owner who wasn't aware it was happening). If you have this much of an issue with it you could have always contacted Adrian or even myself. You see, it's not so much I feel the need to defend this to you, but had to respond in some fashion,since you took it upon yourself to be a punky little twerp in a public forum.

Strange you feel the need to "call me out," in this forum on a league non-issue especially with that crap you pulled with me and my money years back in another BOTH league.

Just sayin....

Edited by bushwacked

:lol: Not that this is the place for this but I'll put this out there and stop.

I had always been a very active owner in that league. Missing the start of free agency, after it went off original scheduling, was an honest mistake and then I offered to pay for another team taking it over cause I honestly didn't have the time in the revised free agency period (you see, it was one of those times I was somewhat forced into 70-80 hour work weeks for a short time period). It's my understanding a team was available for me and took over (I also understand free agency stopped because I wasn't the only owner who wasn't aware it was happening). If you have this much of an issue with it you could have always contacted Adrian or even myself. You see, it's not so much I feel the need to defend this to you, but had to respond in some fashion,since you took it upon yourself to be a punky little twerp in a public forum.

Strange you feel the need to "call me out," in this forum on a league non-issue especially with that crap you pulled with me and my money years back in another BOTH league.

Just sayin....

Pretty sure Im not the "punky little twerp" in this conversation. And what issue did I pull? Please do tell, because I dont even commish any leagues. Treasurer? Yes. But I send the money where Im told. And honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about. And highly active? Thats your opinion. I disagree, but thats neither here nor there.

Anyway, this isnt the 1st league you were in and then out of with me. Maybe others need to know if you join a league, it will be for a short period only. There. I gave you a good reason for calling you out.

hugs n kisses!

Like I stated, this forum isn't the proper place to discuss something that wasn't really that big of deal anyways. If me dropping out of a league, due to an honest slip on the everchanging league schedule combined with personal commitments, really upset you this much, please feel free to man up and contact me via e-mail or PM. Or just continue drawing attention to yourself by acting like some emotional jilted l ex-lover of mine in the public forums. :rolleyes:

Like I stated, this forum isn't the proper place to discuss something that wasn't really that big of deal anyways. If me dropping out of a league, due to an honest slip on the everchanging league schedule combined with personal commitments, really upset you this much, please feel free to man up and contact me via e-mail or PM. Or just continue drawing attention to yourself by acting like some emotional jilted l ex-lover of mine in the public forums. :rolleyes:

:tup:

In other words, while failing at your comitment, you were hurt because you didn't get a hug, a trophy and a, "Golly Geewilikers Whacko! You sure are the most awesomest for even trying just a tiny bit :tup: !" from all the other players mommies in the league. Brutal! I can see why you chose to stop ('cause big guys never quit).

And you are definitely not the one to talk about jilted lovers in these forums. You stalk me and a few others like an old hooker losing her regular Johns to the hot young meth-heads before they loose their teeth and get covered in speed bumps like you.

Now go hit the bong ya goof. It'll take you to your happy place.