[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will be this year's Fred Jackson?

Tripleshot

Do people really think Eddie Royal is still a breakout candidate :lol: ? I'm also surprised that people think quizz is finally gonna get some love. It's been the same story with him since his rookie year (2-3 years now).

Rookies I like a lot:

Kendall Wright - I think he's one of the two best WRs in this year's rookie class

Alshon Jeffery - the other rookie WR I like from this class

David Wilson - Bradshaw is always dinged. He plays, but is questionable a lot. If he misses time, Wilson will capitalize

Do people really think Eddie Royal is still a breakout candidate :lol: ? I'm also surprised that people think quizz is finally gonna get some love. It's been the same story with him since his rookie year (2-3 years now).

Rookies I like a lot:

Kendall Wright - I think he's one of the two best WRs in this year's rookie class

David Wilson - Bradshaw is always dinged. He plays, but is questionable a lot. If he misses time, Wilson will capitalize

he was a rookie last year

Edited by LbNiners

It amazes me how much Josh Gordon is going under the radar right now, the kid could win the starting job from Greg Little by the end of the year, he is a stub.

He's raw but talented. And has picked up a little more each preaseason game. He was blasted for poor play against the Packers and had a nice outing in practice and in game against the Eagles. And if he takes Greg Little's job, who would be WR2?

It amazes me how much Josh Gordon is going under the radar right now, the kid could win the starting job from Greg Little by the end of the year, he is a stub.

He still has a rookie QB behind a bad o-line throwing to him. Not his fault, but two things that are going to limit his upside.

Here's a crazy one: Greg Zuerlein, kicker for the Rams... aka "Greg the Leg" (not to be confused with the guy from the movie "Bachelor Party", Nick the... nevermind). Apparently dude has a legit howitzer of a leg. We're talking Janikowski type range. Indoors for half the season. Rams should be able to be somewhat OK on offense moving the ball, yes?

Here's a crazy one: Greg Zuerlein, kicker for the Rams... aka "Greg the Leg" (not to be confused with the guy from the movie "Bachelor Party", Nick the... nevermind). Apparently dude has a legit howitzer of a leg. We're talking Janikowski type range. Indoors for half the season. Rams should be able to be somewhat OK on offense moving the ball, yes?

Is he the starting PK this year? Was it Josh Brown who was there in recent years?

I like Alshon in a dynasty league, but don't think there is much chance of him being worth it in a redraft. The guy has a lot of physical talent, but is still pretty raw. Cutler can get him the ball and Marshall should draw the coverage so I definitely think he is in a good place to grow. I just don't think anybody in a redraft should consider him this year.

I don't where you get the Huddle ranks Julio "outside the top 15." The site ranks in the top 5 for PPR/Standard leagues. I even checked the ESPN rankings and they have him 10/11 for PPR/Standard. So no, you're not going out on a limb by naming Julio as a possible breakout player.

That's not what he said - he was referring to that site he provided a link to . . .

As for the Fred Jacksons of this year, here are my responses:

1. none - nobody is going to bust out like he did. But if I had to pick a couple names . . .

2. McGahee - still flying under the radar and I think he'll surprise a lot of people;

3. Cedric Benson - assuming he gets most of the RB touches, lot of points to be had in that GB backfield;

4. David Wilson - he's better than Bradshaw and the latter just can't seem to stay healthy;

5. Michael Turner - not saying that he's going to set the world on fire but I expect him to vastly outproduce his ADP.

I like Alshon in a dynasty league, but don't think there is much chance of him being worth it in a redraft. The guy has a lot of physical talent, but is still pretty raw. Cutler can get him the ball and Marshall should draw the coverage so I definitely think he is in a good place to grow. I just don't think anybody in a redraft should consider him this year.

Agreed. I am all in on the guy, but CHI was perhaps the worst spot he could have landed. Put him in STL or IND and I would have been much more excited.

Kendall Hunter

Good choice. If Gore goes down I don't see them skipping a beat if they have to turn to Hunter for more reps. I'm huge on David Wilson's talent, but it's also going to take an injury to the starter in order for him to be more than a flex option in good matchups. Sticking with the RB theme, I think Robert Turbin will produce given an opportunity. Lynch having back spasams already could spell trouble for him.

He's raw but talented. And has picked up a little more each preaseason game. He was blasted for poor play against the Packers and had a nice outing in practice and in game against the Eagles. And if he takes Greg Little's job, who would be WR2?

If he takes over for anybody it will be Massaquio (sp?) who has shown very little so far in 3 years. Little and Gordon are the future WR on this team. Sure he has a rookie QB, and a rookie RB who is going to be very rusty. As for the OL it has some problems, but I'm not sure I'd label them bad.

From last night's Rams game:

http://www.stltoday....af9cb73d69.html

GREG THE LEG

Rookie place-kicker Greg Zuerlein missed from 62 yards Thursday, but he made his other five field-goal attempts during the preseason. Only one of his five successful kicks was from less than 52 yards, including a 59-yarder against Baltimore.

Truth be told, Zuerlein didn’t like either kick Thursday. He said he hit the ground slightly on the 62-yard miss and struck the 59-yard successful kick with his toe.

"Really, two bad kicks," Zuerlein said. "Not the greatest day of field goals for me."