[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has Fitzgerald been revived?

ajh2

I just put him in and pulled Shorts out.

Will continue to look at this one, but I keep coming back to "Always Start Your Studs", Skelton coming back helped with that, I think his benching for the rookie will put him in a must play well position and we will see his best come Sunday. The Cards need the confidence to throw to him inside the 5 yard line, in year's past that was an easy pass up high all day long and he would go get it....let them make the throw!

I just put him in and pulled Shorts out.

Will continue to look at this one, but I keep coming back to "Always Start Your Studs", Skelton coming back helped with that, I think his benching for the rookie will put him in a must play well position and we will see his best come Sunday. The Cards need the confidence to throw to him inside the 5 yard line, in year's past that was an easy pass up high all day long and he would go get it....let them make the throw!

+1 for me.

8 team actually

Well then.... since I'd say 90%+ of leagues are 10+, I probably would have qualified that fact before I made the announcement that I had dropped the guy. And heck, even in 8-team leagues, I'd be hard-pressed to drop the guy unless we had a shallow bench.

I'm in a just-for-fun, dinky 8-teamer at work and someone dropped Dez Bryant after he came down hard on his hip and was thought to be out for a few weeks. I didn't trust that prognosis, and despite a solid WR corps, jumped on him using my #1 priority.

Would have done the same for Fitz, I believe.

Man, how far has Fitz fallen that we're discussing the effect of QB and DB's to decide if he's worthy of a start? Sad.

Yep and if you were counting on him to be a WR1 for your fantasy team theres a good chance you didn't even make the playoffs with his poor performance this season.

I feel bad for Fitz. I have this nagging feeling that a few years from now we're going to be looking back on the career of a special talent that was derailed by a lack of a competent QB (and surrounding offensive players).

His contract gets interesting starting next year. Let's see if the Cards are willing to pony up or if they feel they can get better pieces by trading him and starting a rebuild. Because, lets face it. Besides Fitz..who else do they got? 2013: $5 million (+ $10 million option bonus due 3/15), 2014: $12.75 million, 2015: $8 million (+ $8 million roster bonus), 2016: $15 million, 2017-2018: $14.75 million

Edited by tazinib1

His contract gets interesting starting next year. Let's see if the Cards are willing to pony up or if they feel they can get better pieces by trading him and starting a rebuild. Because, lets face it. Besides Fitz..who else do they got? 2013: $5 million (+ $10 million option bonus due 3/15), 2014: $12.75 million, 2015: $8 million (+ $8 million roster bonus), 2016: $15 million, 2017-2018: $14.75 million

I would say they are 2 OL and 1 P. Manning away from being one of the better teams in te NFC.

wouldn't argue against that...their D has some very nice players.

Well I actually was talking about the offensive skill players. Guess I should have made myself clearer lol. At any rate, yes their defense is one of the best, especially the secondary. But cmon..Beanie Wells? Stephens-Howling? Andre Roberts? Rob Housler? Sorry, but I'll pass.

Well then.... since I'd say 90%+ of leagues are 10+, I probably would have qualified that fact before I made the announcement that I had dropped the guy. And heck, even in 8-team leagues, I'd be hard-pressed to drop the guy unless we had a shallow bench.

I'm in a just-for-fun, dinky 8-teamer at work and someone dropped Dez Bryant after he came down hard on his hip and was thought to be out for a few weeks. I didn't trust that prognosis, and despite a solid WR corps, jumped on him using my #1 priority.

Would have done the same for Fitz, I believe.

I have him in a 14 team league. I think I spent $39 of a $200 allotment in an auction draft and the only reason I haven't dropped him is there's no one at all really available. But the dude has averaged less than 4pts a game the last three weeks when I needed him the most. I think he's pretty much given up. He's going through the motions and making the effort when it's thrown to him, but you can just tell in his body language.

I have him in a 14 team league. I think I spent $39 of a $200 allotment in an auction draft and the only reason I haven't dropped him is there's no one at all really available. But the dude has averaged less than 4pts a game the last three weeks when I needed him the most. I think he's pretty much given up. He's going through the motions and making the effort when it's thrown to him, but you can just tell in his body language.

I have met and talked to Larry and I have to say that I think your take is 100% off base, there is no quit in him, imo. And if you listen to guys that know him well they all say the same thing -- he is uber competitive and has one hell of a work ethic. Most likely what you are taking as "quit" is frustration. But I understand that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Well I actually was talking about the offensive skill players. Guess I should have made myself clearer lol. At any rate, yes their defense is one of the best, especially the secondary. But cmon..Beanie Wells? Stephens-Howling? Andre Roberts? Rob Housler? Sorry, but I'll pass.

I took "starting a rebuild" and "who else they got" to refer to the team..I just don't think they are as far off offensively as you do. A couple of OL to fix the line and Alex Smith probably has them in playoff contention.

I have met and talked to Larry and I have to say that I think your take is 100% off base, there is no quit in him, imo. And if you listen to guys that know him well they all say the same thing -- he is uber competitive and has one hell of a work ethic. Most likely what you are taking as "quit" is frustration. But I understand that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I've seen several plays where it's obvious he's not the primary target and it seems like he knows the QB isn't going to make the progressions and he really hasn't made himself available as a target. Just going by what I see on the telly. At some point it's gotta get you down if you're him. To be one of the best but be in the situation he's in.