[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's Cowboys and Indians week

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Wash is going to get their arse kicked next week so a don't feel so bad. Better them then us.

I guess we'll see. Whereas we know the Cowboys won't be winning or losing next week. They don't get to play.

It was a very interesting and entertaining game. RG III isn't more than about 60% on his feet IMHO and it's hard to watch the Boy's on offense without any WRs.

Really you have a free running lb up the middle in your face Murray releases and expected to be open you have a half second to do what. Take sack end the drive or throw the ball in the flat where 99% safe except for that play. I say great d call by lb and hasllett. That's what you get when you don't block at all and you have scrubs at war who have proven they can't be trusted to be where there suppose to be. Thus game was lose in the trenches and lack of healthy bodies who know what their doing. You put anyone back there and you get the same result maybe two.less picks but also a 28 to 17 loss none the less.

the second weakest sauce in the thread : "part of me is looking forward to a stress-free playoffs...."

and yeah, like whomp, my team enjoyed many successes many years ago...it would indeed suck to be a fan of a team that, literally, has never won anything.

Swammi......sorry, didn't come across well on the internet. I was trying to make light of the Steelers not being in the playoffs. I'm still looking forward to watching playoff football.

Really you have a free running lb up the middle in your face Murray releases and expected to be open you have a half second to do what. Take sack end the drive or throw the ball in the flat where 99% safe except for that play. I say great d call by lb and hasllett. That's what you get when you don't block at all and you have scrubs at war who have proven they can't be trusted to be where there suppose to be. Thus game was lose in the trenches and lack of healthy bodies who know what their doing. You put anyone back there and you get the same result maybe two.less picks but also a 28 to 17 loss none the less.

:rofl:

And rg didn't have to do crap. 100 yards. Hell if you can rush for 200 yards and 3 scores you gonna win with pee wee Herman at qb. I just think its so sad for us to sit here and expect Romo to score every point on offense and gain every yard with no help help on o or d. AND do it without making any mistakes. That's just ridiculous. He's really our entire offense and when he doesn't come through everyone wants to bash him. How about stopping someone. How about blocking for a rushing attack. I really don't blame him all that much. The way I see it if it were Brady back there he is sacked 7 or eight times and picked at least twice and losing.

And rg didn't have to do crap. 100 yards. Hell if you can rush for 200 yards and 3 scores you gonna win with pee wee Herman at qb. I just think its so sad for us to sit here and expect Romo to score every point on offense and gain every yard with no help help on o or d. AND do it without making any mistakes. That's just ridiculous. He's really our entire offense and when he doesn't come through everyone wants to bash him. How about stopping someone. How about blocking for a rushing attack. I really don't blame him all that much. The way I see it if it were Brady back there he is sacked 7 or eight times and picked at least twice and losing.

How do you explain that Romo has lost 6 of 7 elimination games and he is one 1-3 in the playoffs. There has been diffrent players, coaches and opponents in those games. The ONLY common denominator is Romo.

It will be fun to see Romo with AZ or KC

That int, omg - I couldn't stop replaying it. Unbelievable.

Think I would have preferred SEA@GB & MIN@WAS, but these matchups are cool too.

Romo isn't going anywhere. Jj isn't about to let a 4800 yard passer go espessially one that has done it every year 4000+ that is, since he's been a starter and played 16 games. Those are rare. Slip will get his ring he just has to pay his dues like most things in life that are grand, you have to go through hell to get them. His time will come but it will take o.e of those years where the team stays healthy and a few breaks go our way for once.

We had no chance with our d and the o line thus year. Liked the teams attitude but everyone new we really were doomed once lee and carter went down and ware came up lame. No way we get out of the first round even if we made the turny and jj new that. We all did. Was nice to see them fight though.

resorting to name-calling at this point in the season?

weak-sauce. you'd have a smidge more credibility if you had the balls to man-up and agree that your team would be better off getting blown up and starting over with a new QB, new owner, and better draft pick.

so you were'nt just trolling to point out that Romo threw 2 picks? Ok :fool:

sorry, but I have enough real life concerns in my life that are a lil more important than whether you feel I have credibility on a FF message board. the reality is, the teams not gonna get blown up, they're not IMO gonna start over with a new QB, obviously a new owner is'nt happening. So I have 2 choices....come here and bitch about it or root for my team and try to enjoy sunday afternoons. I chose the latter, sorry it bothers you so.

How do you explain that Romo has lost 6 of 7 elimination games and he is one 1-3 in the playoffs. There has been diffrent players, coaches and opponents in those games. The ONLY common denominator is Romo.

I'll explain it. Bad luck. Bad breaks. The Cowboys were the only team in the NFL to have injuries. Just a big load of bad luck that the Cowboys have done nothing in 20 years. And darn it, stinks that they were the only team in the NFL with big injuries. That's just bad luck for them...LOL.

Cowboy fans are the best... :).

Edited by giantsfan
  • Like 1

Here is the bottom line on Romo, and it CANNOT be argued. He has choked in many big games. He has come up small in many big games. Look at the record in elimination games. Look at his playoff record. CANNOT be argued.

Now with that said it does not mean his career is over or that he will never do anything. All it takes is one long playoff run and a lot of those demons go away, especially if he wins a SB. But as of right now he is a choker and has lost MANY big games.

Last night was terrible for him. As CC said during the game, that was the nightmare ending for Romo. Down only 3 with the ball late, chance to win the game on his arm, and he throws just a disgusting terrible pick. Now spin it. Say that play is safe 99% of the time, BS, he threw a terrible pass that he never should have thrown. That's the bottom line. He choked again, and threw 3 picks in the process. So the legend of Romo the choker lives on. Understand that and accept that Cowboy fans. Don't make excuses year after year. Just accept it.

Again, that does not mean he will never win these big games and eventually get over the hump. Just means as of now he is a choker and does NOT get it done in big games. We'll see if that changes in his future.

Edited by giantsfan

Dude, you're making it sound like he only threw one pick. The other two mattered as well.

Not completely true.....Jerry Jones.

And then there's this, and it can't be overstated. Jones parlayed a great coach and talent evaluator, plus a ton of players/picks he got in one of the most one-sided trades in NFL history into a run that lasted exactly 4 years.. And it was great run, don't get me wrong. Given how many teams have yet to win the SB once, plenty would take it.

But he pissed it all away and got no residual from it. By the time that specific batch of players were done, that was it. He's been playing random catch-up ever since.

Compare that to other franchises who've been on top. The Niners had about a 15 year run of either winning it all or very much contending. The current Pats have been at this for about that long as well. You've got other "flagship franchises" like Pitt and GB that keep finding ways to stay in the mix.

Then you've got the Cowboys, who were gifted a boon, spent it, and now have been floundering ever since.

He's likely the longest tenured GM in the league and has dick to show for the last 17 years.

I just think its so sad for us to sit here and expect Romo to score every point on offense and gain every yard with no help help on o or d. AND do it without making any mistakes. That's just ridiculous.

it would be if thats was everyone thought.

But most of us here are realists, and don't expect Romo to make every play. We expect Murray to be able to offer some semblence of a sustained running game. We expect Bryant to not disappear for stretches of the season, when its apparent he can offer Pro-Bowl ability at times. We expect Witten to be on the same page as Romo when the QB is blitzed. We expect Ware to be able to provide containment when an opposing QB fakes...don't bite to the middle and leave the edge open. We expect the coach to play to win, not to play to not-lose. We expect the owner to offer silent support, not pretend to be an Al Daivs wannabe.

We expect all these things....but for some reason, they continue to be missing at key times from key games over many seasons. The only thing separating last night from year's past was the obligatory camera shots of a dazed and confused Wade Phillips.

And we also expect a QB to play within himself, within the system. But he doesn't. He thinks, like you do, that he has the ability and smarts to do it essentially all by himself. He doesn't have either. He has a super arm, and a very above-average vision to escape a collapsing pocket. But he has below-average intelligence when the pressure is on to make a decision on whether to throw or tuck it away. And as we all can tell from his record in must-win games (1-6), he falters under any kind of pressure.

so you were'nt just trolling to point out that Romo threw 2 picks? Ok :fool:

sorry, but I have enough real life concerns in my life that are a lil more important than whether you feel I have credibility on a FF message board. the reality is, the teams not gonna get blown up, they're not IMO gonna start over with a new QB, obviously a new owner is'nt happening. So I have 2 choices....come here and bitch about it or root for my team and try to enjoy sunday afternoons. I chose the latter, sorry it bothers you so.

Fair enough...but when you offer your opinions of the Eagles in many threads as you always seem to do, I don't sit back and call you a thread troll just because you aren't a fan of the team, or that your opinions or jokes or comments mean you are a troll.. Thats what makes these boards interesting and worth debating....differing opinions.

So to resort to name-calling of posters who have been here for 10+ years and resorting to inferring that their input is that of a troll is insulting...sorry I called you out on it.

And then there's this, and it can't be overstated. Jones parlayed a great coach and talent evaluator, plus a ton of players/picks he got in one of the most one-sided trades in NFL history into a run that lasted exactly 4 years.. And it was great run, don't get me wrong. Given how many teams have yet to win the SB once, plenty would take it.

But he pissed it all away and got no residual from it. By the time that specific batch of players were done, that was it. He's been playing random catch-up ever since.

Compare that to other franchises who've been on top. The Niners had about a 15 year run of either winning it all or very much contending. The current Pats have been at this for about that long as well. You've got other "flagship franchises" like Pitt and GB that keep finding ways to stay in the mix.

Then you've got the Cowboys, who were gifted a boon, spent it, and now have been floundering ever since.

He's likely the longest tenured GM in the league and has dick to show for the last 17 years.

Everyone knows their biggest issue is Jerry. Bad part for Cowboy fans is nothing can be done about that. Best they can hope for is Jerry backs off a little bit so they can get some tougher players in there and win some playoff games.

Do you realize how many playoff games Elway and Favre won over their careers prior to winning the Super Bowl ? Comparing Romo to those guys is crazy. Romo chokes during the sort of big games, which doesn't allow him the chance to get to the actual big games.

Exactly. He is choking and losing games that lead up to big games. The true upper tier QBs win these regular season must wins at least some of the times. These are minor league "big games" that he is choking away. That first int was such a dagger. I honestly felt good going in to last night. Dallas makes them go 3 and out on their first possesion . Then we get a great punt return. We gotta put up at least 3 there and we just hand it away while we deflate everyone. The minute he threw that pick I knew we were done . The last pick was just to cement his choke legacy. If he did have a broken rib then he shouldnt have been out there. I wont pin any of this on his rib . He gets the yips in big games. It is truly the single worst thing that could be said about an NFL QB