[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Head coaching candidates...

keggerz

:whistle:

Sorry I had a life last night ;)

Browns interviewed Horton for HC, wonder if they consider him for DC. Raheem Morris supposed to interview with Browns today.

Congrats to Bruce Arians on getting a HC job. Sure the Cards are a mess, but that will give him a chance to turn things around. On offense they have some weapons, well Fitz at least. And I don't think the QBs are that bad, but the line is horrible and the RB are not very good. I hope he can make Fitz fantasy relevant again.

PS Thanks to Taz for keeping us so well informed throughout these last few weeks.

Edited by stevegrab

PS Thanks to Taz for keeping us so well informed throughout these last few weeks.

:bow:

I had a blast doing it.

In other news:

Jets to announce GM hire today: Word is John Idzik has the inside track

Jets interviewed Saints QB Coach Joe Lombardi (grandson of Vince) and Pat Shurmur for OC

former Cowboys DC Rob Ryan in interviewing with the Rams for same position TOMORROW

Cardinals formally release DC Ray Horton from contract (wow)

No news on Cleveland GM search as of yet (working on it)

Cowboys are quietly interviewing for OC (much to the dismay of Garrett)

Edited by tazinib1
  • Like 1

Browns hire Mike Lombardi as VP of Player Personnel

Interesting quote regarding the hire of Lombardi -- CEO Banner on Lombardi: "Listen, I understand that I'm going out on the limb myself by hiring Mike. So I didn't do this casually."

Ken Whisenhunt named Chargers OC

Wow. Telesco,McCoy and Whisenhunt

That's a grand slam folks.

Now we just need to keep Pagano as defensive coordinator, and I will be very very happy! :tup:

Interesting. I've posed this question to at least 5 Brown beat writers and they have all dodged the question.

When Chudzinski was hired it was said they'll probably abonden the 4-3 and go to a 3-4. Whoever they get at DC won't have a choice. And the Browns have one good LB, DQwell Jackson. They had a rookie play quite a bit (Robinson I think) who was pretty good. Fujita and Gocong are old, injury riddled and possibly not under contract. But a very good DL (Rubin, Sheard, Taylor, Rucker, etc) are going to hard to work into a 3-4. And our D really needs help in the secondary, at least a CB to replace Brown, and maybe another safety. Ward and Haden are good, but that's it. So while we needed some LB anyway, now we'll need more and the strenght (DL) will be a underutilized at best.

PS Darin probably things the beat writers would have no reason to respond to you. If one of them is Marla Ridenour I'd ignore her, she's horrible. She loved Chip Kelly, then loved Chudz. After they start 1-5 she'll be saying he should be fired.

PS Darin probably things the beat writers would have no reason to respond to you. If one of them is Marla Ridenour I'd ignore her, she's horrible. She loved Chip Kelly, then loved Chudz. After they start 1-5 she'll be saying he should be fired.

I don't think its that at all. And I actually have gotten a few responses, in the line of what you just said, but nothing addressing the lack of LB depth at all. That's all I care about. Don't worry, I'll be working in a few days and disappear and so will this. Then everybody can go back to dribbling news feeds. And no, I don't follow Marla.

Edited by tazinib1