[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Head coaching candidates...

keggerz

CSN Philadelphia considers the Eagles' coaching search a "four-horse race" between Seahawks DC Gus Bradley, Ken Whisenhunt, Brian Billick and Lovie Smith, with Bradley remaining the favorite.

However, reporter Geoff Mosher believes Whiz is "right there" behind Bradley. The only non-retread of the group, Bradley is the most intriguing name after helping transform the Seahawks defense into one of the league's best, but Whisenhunt is a strong fallback option.

Source: Geoff Mosher on Twitter

Jan 15 - 8:48 PM

I'm not enamored with Bradley but I can't even believe the other 3 are in consideration as anything more than coordinators. This could be a bigger debacle than Reid's last 4 or so years here :fool:

I'm not enamored with Bradley but I can't even believe the other 3 are in consideration as anything more than coordinators. This could be a bigger debacle than Reid's last 4 or so years here :fool:

Agreed. You should have seen the circus on Twitter this morning as the plane arrived with Bradley on board. Local Philly beat writers sounded like screaming teenagers sans Beatlemania.

Edited by tazinib1

:blink:

Just frustrated that some people don't grasp how much information is on Twitter. I had no idea until I started updating this thread. The speed of information you can gather on Twitter is unmatched anywhere and its not even close. After the spots the OP listed are filled, its time to open up a OC/DC thread cause this one will explode with my updates (not that it hasn't already).

Edited by tazinib1

In other Bears news . . .Dave Toub, special teams coach has left to join Andy Reids staff in KC.

This could really hurt the Bears , , ,their special teams are a strength of the team, so it will be interesting to see what happens there.

You are also losing Special Teams Asst. Kevin O'Dea to the Chiefs as well.

"I" am not losing anything. Darin however, is very concerned

:doh:

I keep doing this..not sure why. Maybe it's cause you live in Illinois and I automatically assume your a Bears fan. Even though I've known you as a Packer Backer for years.

According to the Tribunes Brad Briggs, the Bears have hired Marc Trestman as the next HC of the Chicago Bears.

Not really sure how this is going to sit with the casual Bears fan, but football people know he's good. I was kinda rooting for Arians to land the gig though.

Edited by tazinib1

Just frustrated that some people don't grasp how much information is on Twitter. I had no idea until I started updating this thread. The speed of information you can gather on Twitter is unmatched anywhere and its not even close. After the spots the OP listed are filled, its time to open up a OC/DC thread cause this one will explode with my updates (not that it hasn't already).

I have an idea how much information is on Twitter, but I don't care to follow them and sift through the crap to get the nuggets. I appreciate that you're posting this information, but honestly I would survive without it. I'm mostly interested in my own teams moves, and how other teams moves may impact that. Don't need to know about every interview that is held, or every rumor from some "insider" about what is going to happen. When a decision is made and announced I'll probably hear about it, and that will be good enough for me.

I have an idea how much information is on Twitter, but I don't care to follow them and sift through the crap to get the nuggets. I appreciate that you're posting this information, but honestly I would survive without it. I'm mostly interested in my own teams moves, and how other teams moves may impact that. Don't need to know about every interview that is held, or every rumor from some "insider" about what is going to happen. When a decision is made and announced I'll probably hear about it, and that will be good enough for me.

Well too bad. You're gonna get all the updates and like it pal.

Bears ready to hire Joe DeCammilis as Special Teams Coach/Asst. Coach. Interesting in that he also interviewed for the Bears HC gig. Wonder if he can keep the Bears ST unit in the top 10 like the last 10 or so years. They have the talent that's for sure.

Eagles update: Multiple NFL insiders/Philly beat reporters are saying Ken Whisenhunt is now the most probable to be the next HC in Philly. Explains why Gus was allowed to leave without a contract. Not sure how this will sit with Eagle fans, Whisenhunt didn't exactly light it up last year in Arizona...bad QB or not.

My prediction by the end of the week:

Jax: Gus Bradley

Arizona: Bruce Arians

Philly: Ken Whisenhunt

Edited by tazinib1

Jets are now flipping and are thinking of hiring Seahawks capologist Omar Khan by weeks end. :wacko:

And the circus keeps going. They don't need a capologist as the GM. They need a GM to evaluate and bring in talent. The GM HIRES a capologist to work for him. Again, the Jets are getting things backwards.

I'll do it for you. Hire VP of football Operation John Idzik, then hire Khan to fix cap. At this point though, I don't even think Macgyver could fix the Jets woes.

Edited by tazinib1

Kelly must have found out the NCAA is gonna hammer his program.

My thoughts exactly. I was kind of perplexed when he initially chose to stay at Oregon given the circumstances with impending NCAA investigation which will result in sanctions for recruiting violations.

Edited by tazinib1

My thoughts exactly. I was kind of perplexed when he initially chose to stay at Oregon given the circumstances with impending NCAA investigation.

Nice flip-flopping Chip.

Was reading some comments some here and one said

"Almost Saban or Patrino-esque. Nice company to be in."

PS I'm loving my tazzer feed.

• Like 1