[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Head coaching candidates...

keggerz

Cowboys are quietly interviewing for OC (much to the dismay of Garrett)

Hue Jackson (I'm very surprised at the lack of attention he has gotten thus far), Jim Caldwell and Mike Tice are potential candidates

Edited by tazinib1

Pat Shurmur expected to be named Eagles OC even though Chip Kelly has stated he will be calling the plays?

I'm sure Zooty is doing cartwheels. And the :boxing: between Eagles/Browns continues.

:sarcasm:

I liked Shurmer a lot when he was here. IMO he was the best of Andy's offensive brain-trust. He didn't get a fair shake in CLE.

• Like 1

Jaguars hired ex Bear Bob Babbich as DC. He's a LB coach for the most part but did serve as Chicago's DC for 3 years

Babbich was a disaster as dc. He got the Bears job because he was one of Lovie Smith's cronies from St. Louis.

I'll be surprised if Babbich lasts more than two seasons in Jacksonville.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Per ESPN's Chris Mortensen, new Browns VP of Player Personnel Mike Lombardi had Ryan Mallett rated as the top quarterback in the 2011 draft.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Potential trade ? :thinking:

Anything is better than what the Jets are thinking of doing. Tarvarius Jackson??? :wacko:

What do the Jets have to do with any of this? Presume bpwallace was speculating on Browns-Pats trade.

Either way, I don't know enough about Mallet to know if he'd help CLE (or any other team), but I do know he shouldn't be at the top of any 2011 QB board. Don't like the Lombardi hiring at all, and have my doubts/concerns about Banner and the whole player selection side. But all the coaching hires are solid.

Yes Brian was speculating on a Browns/Pats trade. Jets are funny because of what I wrote. Mallet, even though he's garbage, is 10x the QB the T.Jackson is.

How exactly do you know this? Just curious. You've already proven you don't know crap about college football (see Lacy, Eddie) and Mallett hasn't exactly had any kind of opportunity to prove his worth as an NFL QB. Please elaborate.

How exactly do you know this? Just curious. You've already proven you don't know crap about college football (see Lacy, Eddie) and Mallett hasn't exactly had any kind of opportunity to prove his worth as an NFL QB. Please elaborate.

I've actually watched T.Jackson try to be a QB..don't know where you have been.

This coming from a guy that said JJ Watt will be an "average" DE. :tup:

FB chat...I will have to go back 2 yrs but it is what you said when I drafted him in AFL

Yeah, well since you confused kpholmes and myself for about 3 years, I won't hold my breath. I never said Watt would be average. And if I did, it was tongue-in-cheek. I never posted anything to that end on these boards.

trying to quite

Quite?

And are you going to tell us why you think Mallett is "garbage"? :unsure:

Yeah, well since you confused kpholmes and myself for about 3 years, I won't hold my breath. I never said Watt would be average. And if I did, it was tongue-in-cheek. I never posted anything to that end on these boards.

Quite?

And are you going to tell us why you think Mallett is "garbage"? :unsure:

I can tell you why Mallet is garbage or you can safely say for youself. There is a reason he fell in the draft like he did.

AT ANY rate.....

I got a scoop but the source is kind of sketchy

Rams hire Rob Ryan as DC