[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Head coaching candidates...

keggerz

To be fair, I think everybody wants a piece of all the coaches in the playoffs. Now that some of those teams are eliminated, I'm guessing the ball gets rolling next week with 3-4 hires.

Good point. I always say not getting a hire quick (before wild card games are played) isn't a bad thing. I'm still happy with my hire but like some of the candidates. I'd be surprised if Zimmer isn't hired, but I guess there are probably 6-8 good top OC/DC becoming available, plus Wisenhunt, Lovie, etc. So some guys will be staying put.

Meanwhile, in Eagle country:

According to CBS' Jason La Canfora, there is a "growing perception" around the league that Eagles GM Howie Roseman is "woefully out of his depth."

Per La Canfora, numerous "esteemed (coaches)" have advised candidates to replace Andy Reid "not to take the job precisely because of Roseman's presence there." There are "rumblings" that Roseman lacks "nuance and foresight," and is "turning people off with how drunk with power he's become." The Eagles are known to have targeted at least 14 candidates, and conducted 10 interviews.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Adam Schefter reports that Mike McCoy prefers San Diego over Arizona and Jacksonville.

hmmmm...this could get interesting as the week progresses.

Saw on either NFL network or FOX that there is a perception in the league that San Deigo players tend to be soft, and that a disciplinarian is what is needed there . . .:shrug:

Yeah Roseman is going to be an issue. In other news the Lacanfora report has already been refuted. I'll find the link later when I'm off my phone

Why am I not surprised. I gotta make a serious mental note to ignore La Canfora from now on.

Edited by tazinib1

Bears beat writer Brad Briggs has sources saying Bears are now letting candidates not in the running know. Says something could shake out tonight.

Things are moving rapidly. Schefter tweeting that Seattle OC Darrell Bevell and Montreal HC Marc Trestman are 2 of the possibly 3 finalists to be identified.

Sure love how the Bears spun the Trestman rumors as false. Man I love this time of year.

Things are moving rapidly. Schefter tweeting that Seattle OC Darrell Bevell and Montreal HC Marc Trestman are 2 of the possibly 3 finalists to be identified.

Sure love how the Bears spun the Trestman rumors as false. Man I love this time of year.

Tribune columnist David Haugh tweeting those are the 2 finalists. According to a candidate that did not get the job, Emery will bring in both finalists for interviews tomorrow at Halas Hall.

So it right now, it appears its between Bevell and Trestman.

Edited by tazinib1

Bears beat writer Brad Briggs has sources saying Bears are now letting candidates not in the running know. Says something could shake out tonight.

Tribune columnist David Haugh tweeting those are the 2 finalists. According to a candidate that did not get the job, Emery will bring in both finalists for interviews tomorrow at Halas Hall.

So it right now, it appears its between Bevell and Trestman.

Tribune columnist Vaughn McClure has been told that Trestman is the "heavy favorite".

When is the last time a CFL HC has made the jump straight to NFL HC?? Interesting pick there if this pans out.

More on the Eagles: They have canceled the Tuesday interview with Arians. Interesting because Arians isn't scheduled to meet with the Chargers until Wednesday. I think we might be getting an Eagle HC here very shortly.

Eagles confirm second interview with Seattle DC Gus Bradley tomorrow

Tribune columnist Vaughn McClure has been told that Trestman is the "heavy favorite".

When is the last time a CFL HC has made the jump straight to NFL HC?? Interesting pick there if this pans out.

This is the final two? I'm :sleep:

Trestman has been out of the NFL since 2004.

Bevel coached an offense that finished 17th.

Trestman has been out of the NFL since 2004.

I dunno, he's had some decent endorsements and is known to really get the best out of his QB. The defense is going to be good, Forte is going to be able to put up good numbers. The fate of the team really lies with Cutler and his ability to get the ball to Marshall and a big-time up-and-comer in Alshon Jeffrey.

I was pushing for McCoy but think Trestman would be a good fit.

• Like 1