[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff games this past weekend

whomper

Yes really, glad you got a laugh out of it. Go back and read mustofbeendrunks post and tell me if you think he enjoys watching football during the regular season. I've heard the same thing from people with multiple fantasy teams, how agonizing it is because player X scores and is on there team, but wait he's on 3 of their opponents teams as well.

The real question is, why do you care?

Click this: http://sadtuba.com

• Like 1

The point is, I don't think people are enjoying NFL football that way. Reading the post by mustofbeendrunk he sounds like somebody that just watched their first NFL game in years. Every week he's so concerned about his fantasy team and the bets he's made that he doesn't really ENJOY watching the games.

You hit the nail on the head

Fantasy and gambling does alter the way you watch a game but I still enjoy the games because of my love of the game more than anything. When I am watching a Cowboys game, them winning takes precedence over everything else. There are also times where a little action or fantasy implications will liven up an otherwise boring match up.

Edited by whomper

The real question is, why do you care?

Click this: http://sadtuba.com

I care because if redzone, stats and highlights become the focus, the product as a whole (the actual NFL game) could suffer. I think we already see it with the changes to more offense over the last 5-10 years. Do you want the NFL to become like Arena League, with outrageously high regular scores? Sure its great for fantasy, but is that a good NFL game?

You hit the nail on the head

Thank you for acknowledging that. Glad I didn't misread you.

Here is a remedy . . .play in enough leagues that you own almost every offensive player worth a damn. Then just set your lineups and ENJOY the games, knowing that you will win one of those games on any Sunday.

You are welcome

Here's a remedy, quit playing fantasy football.

I care because if redzone, stats and highlights become the focus, the product as a whole (the actual NFL game) could suffer. I think we already see it with the changes to more offense over the last 5-10 years. Do you want the NFL to become like Arena League, with outrageously high regular scores? Sure its great for fantasy, but is that a good NFL game?

You're fishing, right? Please tell me you're joking. PLEASE.

Thank you for acknowledging that. Glad I didn't misread you.

Yes, I'm sure that the transition to a passing league has been directly due to people focusing on stats, and it causing defenses to simply stop trying. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the player safety issues watering down the game.

Have to agree with Darin, if you think that you whining about people watching redzone, gambling and playing fantasy football has an effect on the quality of the game, well, I'm not even sure how to address the absurdity of that...

Edited by delusions of grandeur

Yes, I'm sure that the transition to a passing league has been directly due to people focusing on stats, and it causing defenses to simply stop trying. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the player safety issues watering down the game.

Have to agree with Darin, if you think that you whining about people watching redzone, gambling and playing fantasy football has an effect on the quality of the game, well, I'm not even sure how to address the absurdity of that...

Not sure where you're getting this from, or maybe you just mistyped what you meant. I never thought my comments (or whining if you will) has an effect on the qualifty of the game. My initial point in all this went back to mustofbeendrunks post, that it was a great weekend of NFL games, the first he enjoyed in years because he didn't have bets or fantasy affecting him.

And my other point is that so many act like red zone is great, and tell me how "I saw all the games this weekend" no you didn't you saw a lot of pieces of many games, basically and expanded live highlight show.

Tell me that fantasy football and the obsession with stats has not at least affected how games are played and perceived by many viewers.

I'm not really interested in arguing with people over this, I expressed my opinion just like everybody else does. You can agree or not, and express your own. But you seem to be misinterpreting what I said, or just didn't express what you meant very well.

Not sure where you're getting this from, or maybe you just mistyped what you meant. I never thought my comments (or whining if you will) has an effect on the qualifty of the game. My initial point in all this went back to mustofbeendrunks post, that it was a great weekend of NFL games, the first he enjoyed in years because he didn't have bets or fantasy affecting him.

And my other point is that so many act like red zone is great, and tell me how "I saw all the games this weekend" no you didn't you saw a lot of pieces of many games, basically and expanded live highlight show.

Tell me that fantasy football and the obsession with stats has not at least affected how games are played and perceived by many viewers.

I'm not really interested in arguing with people over this, I expressed my opinion just like everybody else does. You can agree or not, and express your own. But you seem to be misinterpreting what I said, or just didn't express what you meant very well.

Fantasy football and the [supposed] obession with stats has not affected how the game of football is played. There, I said it. Perceived by some viewers? OK, maybe we can give you that one, steve-o... but to say that fantasy football is changing the game is beyond absurd.

But hey, that's just "my opinion". :wacko:

Edited by darin3

Fantasy football and the [supposed] obession with stats has not affected how the game of football is played. There, I said it. Perceived by some viewers? OK, maybe we can give you that one, steve-o... but to say that fantasy football is changing the game is beyond absurd.

But hey, that's just "my opinion". :wacko:

Dang it, see I knew I didn't write what I meant... I actually didn't mean how the game was played, but how they are covered and produced for TV. With the focus on stats, rushing ledaers and other stuff. Red Zone is a perfect example, that program caters to people whose interest is more about seeing scoring plays than watching an actual football game (you know including punts, incomplete passes, carries for no gain, etc.).

Whatever, I know most people think I'm nuts and I've screwed up enough posts trying to make my point that people will just say I'm changing my mind each time. I'm done, honestly I won't post again on this topic.

No :lol:

Look, I'm really sorry that player safety rules are making it to where the NFL isn't the same as we grew up on, but your tirades against people who wish to enjoy the game through gambling, fantasy football and redzone are just silly. Even without the rules, this is a natural evolution of the sport, not unlike baseball becoming a game focused on stats (which frankly is what I love about baseball).

I suppose you could make the case that the league has become more about individual accomplishments, but I'd attribute that more to the star-appeal of increasingly crazy good players, along with the always bad teams. Hell, I probably would have given up on the NFL before the Falcons gave me something to really be excited about if it weren't for sports-booking.

Moreover, sorry, but it's just such a buzzkill that you're going past forum policing to be the how-you-prefer-to-enjoy-NFL-football police.

No :lol:

Look, I'm really sorry that player safety rules are making it to where the NFL isn't the same as we grew up on, but your tirades against people who wish to enjoy the game through gambling, fantasy football and redzone are just silly. Even without the rules, this is a natural evolution of the sport, not unlike baseball becoming a game focused on stats (which frankly is what I love about baseball).

I suppose you could make the case that the league has become more about individual accomplishments, but I'd attribute that more to the star-appeal of increasingly crazy good players, along with the always bad teams. Hell, I probably would have given up on the NFL before the Falcons gave me something to really be excited about if it weren't for sports-booking.

Moreover, sorry, but it's just such a buzzkill that you're going past forum policing to be the how-you-prefer-to-enjoy-NFL-football police.

:busted:

Dang it, see I knew I didn't write what I meant... I actually didn't mean how the game was played, but how they are covered and produced for TV. With the focus on stats, rushing ledaers and other stuff. Red Zone is a perfect example, that program caters to people whose interest is more about seeing scoring plays than watching an actual football game (you know including punts, incomplete passes, carries for no gain, etc.).

Whatever, I know most people think I'm nuts and I've screwed up enough posts trying to make my point that people will just say I'm changing my mind each time. I'm done, honestly I won't post again on this topic.

OK, manti-grab...