[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Affirmative Defense for one Tony Romo

Cowboyz1

Your blinding homerism is frightening. Great QB's are great IN SPITE of things like defenses, injuries, supporting WR's, and running games. QB's that need those things in order to accomplish anything are called game managers.

Wrong, Manning as good as he was couldn't do it alone. He needed a defense and running game. Until he had both they lost every time. Oh yeah and a kicker believe it or not. Eli won because of a few great plays and Defense. Ravens defense. Tampa Bay, Defense. Even Brady's perfect season was undone due to what? Defense. A prolific as he has been they are not winning super bowls because their defense is a shell of what it once was. So don't tell me Great QB's overcome everything, because they don't.

Wrong, Manning as good as he was couldn't do it alone. He needed a defense and running game. Until he had both they lost every time. Oh yeah and a kicker believe it or not. Eli won because of a few great plays and Defense. Ravens defense. Tampa Bay, Defense. Even Brady's perfect season was undone due to what? Defense. A prolific as he has been they are not winning super bowls because their defense is a shell of what it once was. So don't tell me Great QB's overcome everything, because they don't.

:rofl: @ comparing Romo to Manning. Either one. De.... lusional.

So all of the picks that he threw to the middle of the wide open defenders chests, all the fumbles,all the botched snaps and the errant passes......are his defense's fault. Got it.

" Romo is NO choker. He is clutch!"

Edited by Seahawks21

So all of the picks that he threw to the middle of the wide open defenders chests, all the fumbles,all the botched snaps and the errant passes......are his defense's fault. Got it.

" Romo is NO choker. He is clutch!"

Exactly Hawk, now how hard was that.......... :shrug:

I'll tell you what. I believe in Slip so much I will make a wager on this year. Let's think on the terms and we will come up with a measure to bet on.

Resolve: This year Slip will show the world that he is, in fact, an Elite QB. By doing...............?

:rofl: @ comparing Romo to Manning. Either one. De.... lusional.

What about Brady, I would think he of all would have raised the hackles more so than Manning. Yeah I did it. So what.

Oh and Eli is a bum. He may as well punted those two passes that won the superbowl.

What about Brady, I would think he of all would have raised the hackles more so than Manning. Yeah I did it. So what.

Oh and Eli is a bum. He may as well punted those two passes that won the superbowl.

Yeah, because fumbling extra point snaps to wash your team out of the playoffs is so much more of a desirable trait in a QB than coming up big to win a SB.

Yeah, because fumbling extra point snaps to wash your team out of the playoffs is so much more of a desirable trait in a QB than coming up big to win a SB.

You know I don't recall any of the aforementioned QBs ever holding, do you? So we don't know if they are experts at it.

Oh come on now. The pass to Manningham was as perfect a pass you will ever see. No one - NO ONE - who has commented has ever said how lucky of a pass it was. The Tyree pass - well that was more about buying time to make the play. The catch was ridiculous and 99,999 out of 100,000 times it does not get caught. But the focus was that he kept the play ALIVE in order for the catch to happen. Had he gone down, the game is over and the Giants lose. But the Manningham pass was the single most clutch throw in a Super Bowl (Big Ben to Wallace is a close second) I have ever seen. He put that ball in a place where only Manningham would have caught it.

I have a feeling that if Romo made that throw, you would be singing a different song.

I have no problem with homer-ism, but at least show respect where respect is due. When Tony Romo makes a throw CLOSE to that in a PLAYOFF game AND leads his team to victory, I will tip my Giants cap to him, bite my lip and give him props. Until then, I will NEVER put him and Eli in the same category as clutch players.

And winning a game in the fourth quarter of week 3 is NOT the same as winning in the fourth quarter when a playoff berth or a playoff win is on the line.

Oh come on now. The pass to Manningham was as perfect a pass you will ever see. No one - NO ONE - who has commented has ever said how lucky of a pass it was. The Tyree pass - well that was more about buying time to make the play. The catch was ridiculous and 99,999 out of 100,000 times it does not get caught. But the focus was that he kept the play ALIVE in order for the catch to happen. Had he gone down, the game is over and the Giants lose. But the Manningham pass was the single most clutch throw in a Super Bowl (Big Ben to Wallace is a close second) I have ever seen. He put that ball in a place where only Manningham would have caught it.

I have a feeling that if Romo made that throw, you would be singing a different song.

I have no problem with homer-ism, but at least show respect where respect is due. When Tony Romo makes a throw CLOSE to that in a PLAYOFF game AND leads his team to victory, I will tip my Giants cap to him, bite my lip and give him props. Until then, I will NEVER put him and Eli in the same category as clutch players.

And winning a game in the fourth quarter of week 3 is NOT the same as winning in the fourth quarter when a playoff berth or a playoff win is on the line.

Fair enough, I will give you the Manny pass, I can't argue with that one. But I will look forward to the day you chew on your own lip and rest assured I will be there to make sure you do. Your absolutely right about the difference between the regular season and the playoffs. I have no doubt that once Slip gets to the playoffs, he will make that kind of pass, as he extends the play and makes a great play rather often. Dez's finger being out of bounds stole what perhaps would have been yet another unbelievable comeback.

I believe poor ole slip has paid his NFL dues and like so many others before him will finally break through. I feel it in my Cowboy bones.

No, their teams value them, most use backups or punters to hold.

Right, so you agree putting your young starting QB out there after he drives his team down to the 1, in his first playoff game, adrenaline pumping so hard he can hardly breath, yet must calmly, focus on a snap that requires a entirely different emotional state, was perhaps the dumbest thing a head coach can do. I can't imagine being in that situation. That is precisely why most teams have a holder that comes in and handles that sort of situation. You don't have your starting QB who was on the field scrambling for his life and pumped up beyond belief after making that kind of drive hold. You just don't do it.

I put the blame squarely on BP for that move. Should never have happened. While a punter or backup would be thinking about the snap, the ball slickness, the spot, and everything that is required to make a successful hold and kick, your starting QB just made the plays of his career and was probably as wired as you can be, which is not the emotional state you want your holder to be in, at that point.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Right, so you agree putting your young starting QB out there after he drives his team down to the 1, in his first playoff game, adrenaline pumping so hard he can hardly breath, yet must calmly, focus on a snap that requires a entirely different emotional state, was perhaps the dumbest thing a head coach can do. I can't imagine being in that situation. That is precisely why most teams have a holder that comes in and handles that sort of situation. You don't have your starting QB who was on the field scrambling for his life and pumped up beyond belief after making that kind of drive hold. You just don't do it.

I put the blame squarely on BP for that move. Should never have happened. While a punter or backup would be thinking about the snap, the ball slickness, the spot, and everything that is required to make a successful hold and kick, your starting QB just made the plays of his career and was probably as wired as you can be, which is not the emotional state you want your holder to be in, at that point.

:lol:

Sweet Jesus.

Fair enough, I will give you the Manny pass, I can't argue with that one. But I will look forward to the day you chew on your own lip and rest assured I will be there to make sure you do. Your absolutely right about the difference between the regular season and the playoffs. I have no doubt that once Slip gets to the playoffs, he will make that kind of pass, as he extends the play and makes a great play rather often. Dez's finger being out of bounds stole what perhaps would have been yet another unbelievable comeback.

I believe poor ole slip has paid his NFL dues and like so many others before him will finally break through. I feel it in my Cowboy bones.

Since we are on different coasts, you wont see it happen. I am not a betting man, but I do believe that Eli wins his third before Romo even plays for his first. I am not hating on Romo, i just think he is limited in how far he can bring this team.

Hey, but I have been wrong many times before - thus why I do not bet!

Good luck to you and your Cowboys. Sadly, I do not see any team from the NFC East making the Super Bowl with the likes of GB, SF and Seattle around.

Since we are on different coasts, you wont see it happen. I am not a betting man, but I do believe that Eli wins his third before Romo even plays for his first. I am not hating on Romo, i just think he is limited in how far he can bring this team.

Hey, but I have been wrong many times before - thus why I do not bet!

Good luck to you and your Cowboys. Sadly, I do not see any team from the NFC East making the Super Bowl with the likes of GB, SF and Seattle around.

That's why they play the games..............

That's why they play the games..............

Agreed. But I would feel a lot better about either of them going far int he playoffs if they were in the AFC instead of the stacked NFC!