[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Players You May Be Giving Up On After Week 5

Wiseman155

Doug Martin... Again, he's startable, but I'm tending to think there's no way he comes close to repeating last year's numbers, particularly with the mess they have at QB now.

Lamar Miller... Brutal. He'll stay on my roster (it's a dynasty league), but I'm not sure I'll start him again anytime soon (and my other options are nothing special... Powell, Bernard, Vereen, etc.).

Thoughts on these guys... Doug Martin's schedule gets friendlier in the 2nd half of the season. I don't think he'll repeat last year's numbers either, but I do think the worst may be behind us. Lamar Miller saw around 75% of the snaps on offense, even though he had lousy stats. Prior to this past weekend, it was closer to 50/50 between him and Daniel Thomas. It might have been a one game aberration, but Miami coaching appears to have realized that Miller is their best RB. Plus, with Tannehill getting sacked at an alarming rate, it wouldn't surprise me to see more effort made to establish the run. Of course, Miami needs to be able to run block, but Miller to me is, at worst, a matchup play with possible every week future potential depending on how he responds to the bigger workload.

Kaepernick without question. They are finding their identity as a running team, and Kaepernick is little more than a game manager right now. He has the ability, but they will not be in many situations where they'll need Kaepernick to chuck it 30+ times. I had actually picked up Brian Hoyer and was prepared to anoint him my QB1 until he tore his ACL. There are a lot of QBs I'd rather have right now besides Kaepernick. I'm trying to trade for Cutler right now simply because his offense will give him opportunities, and he's one of the cheaper options that will probably suffice for low end QB1 production as his floor with a lot of upside with Jeffery and Bennett both emerging.

I've went for the Kaepernick/Vick special between in rounds #8 and #12. I figured I could play the match-ups and be safe with Kaep even when the inevitable Vick injury came. WRONG...hopefully I can snag Foles tonight off waivers and dump Kaep.

I think I am the first to mention Russell Wilson. I picked up him and Kaep as my QB's in IBL. It's been horrible for me. Wilson has had two good games. I need more then that.

Vincent Jackson is another guy that I was hoping to get more out of. I know he has a bad QB situation out there, but they need to get him the ball more.

Brandon Marshall started off well, but has slowed down a lot. Compared to what I expected of him, it has been disappointing so far.

Danny Amendola. I knew he was injury prone, but was hoping that he would last more then one game. I didn't get him to be a WR1, but I do need him on the field!

For those who play IDP:

Desmond Bishop. What happened to this guy? Before he got hurt last year he was one of the top ILB for FF. Now he isn't even getting on the field? Hopefully as he gets farther away from the injury he will start to get more reps and produce.

Haloti Ngata. The move to put him at NT is killing his value in DT mandatory leagues. It used to be if you had him there you had an advantage, now he isn't even startable.

Players already given up on

-Kenny Britt (cut him three weeks ago and picked up Kendall Wright, VERY happy with this)

-Ryan Broyles (traded him last weekend for Greg Olsen)

-Kellen Winslow Jr and Brandon Myers (both cut--replaced with Olsen via trade and Graham this week)

Players in question

-Robert Woods (love this kid, but the QB situation in Buffalo has gone down the tubes)

-Tom Brady (not ever gonna cut him, and he has been on my bench for a few weeks now, but I'm calling on him this week)

-Texans Defense (if they flop against the Rams I'm done with this bunch)

Players not producing big numbers, but I still believe in (for different reasons)

-Larry Fitzgerald (I gotta hang wiff em. Talk is the Cardinals new offense is taking time to "get" for Palmer)

-Danny Amendola (have no choice. Injury proned or not I can't move him and sure as hell not gonna cut him.)

Edited by kwolf68

Only one for me really is Schaub, was my 2nd QB drafted (after Dalton, also took Rivers) and cut in last couple of weeks as I plan to start Rivers most weeks unless the matchup favors Dalton.

Good post by Gophers talking about how many variables affect this, league size, roster limits/size, keeper/dynasty, etc.

Edited by stevegrab

I'm giving up on drafting all RB's early.

My first 4 picks were Rice, Steven Jackson, CJK, and MJD.

...needless to say I'm lucky to be 2-3

How many RB can you have in your line-up? Unless its 4 why are you drafting so many to start? Depth is great, but not at the expense of other starters. The situation is only made worse when those guys do not score well.

Uh...first 4 picks were RB? Wow....A while back I did 3 RBs to start and it was one of my worst seasons. I like getting a solid RB and almost always use two of my first 4 picks on RBs (depending on what kinda sleepers at other positions I can get), but never would come out and use my first 4 bullets on the same position

Lamar Miller saw around 75% of the snaps on offense, even though he had lousy stats. Prior to this past weekend, it was closer to 50/50 between him and Daniel Thomas. It might have been a one game aberration, but Miami coaching appears to have realized that Miller is their best RB. Plus, with Tannehill getting sacked at an alarming rate, it wouldn't surprise me to see more effort made to establish the run. Of course, Miami needs to be able to run block, but Miller to me is, at worst, a matchup play with possible every week future potential depending on how he responds to the bigger workload.

Good info, and hopefully we can start to see more consistent production from Miller in the near future. Maybe I should explain. I'm not giving up on Miller in that I'm going to cut him, or anything of the sort. I only own him in one league, and it's a dynasty IDP league. I'm giving up on him, only in the sense that he won't go anywhere near my starting lineup again, until the Dolphins start giving him enough touches that he's close to fantasy-relevant. Because, right now, he's nowhere close to that. I'd rather see him break out and score 20 pts from my bench, than take the chance that he's going to put up another 1.5-point week in my starting lineup.

The Lamar Miller hate is just silly. The dude averages 6 YPC 3 weeks in a row. To reward him, the idiotic Dolphins give him 7 carries this week. How does that make him close to giving up on??? He's easily a top 20 back. Right now, he may be right at 20, but only due to horrible coaching.

See my comments above. I never said the guy sucks as a football player. Fantasy football is just as much about opportunity, as it is talent. My leagues all score based on yards and scores, not yards per carry, unfortunately. ;) I just can't run the risk of keeping him in my lineup on a weekly basis, until he starts to produce more consistently.

So, yeah, maybe he shouldn't be on the list, since I'm not giving up on him, technically. I'm just not going to make the mistake of starting him until I see things change. If he starts to see 15-20 touches/game, I'll reconsider.

• Like 1

Uh...first 4 picks were RB? Wow....A while back I did 3 RBs to start and it was one of my worst seasons. I like getting a solid RB and almost always use two of my first 4 picks on RBs (depending on what kinda sleepers at other positions I can get), but never would come out and use my first 4 bullets on the same position

It's worked well for me in the past, however I hardly ever keep all four. Usually swing some deals but just so happens this year they have all been injured or underperformed and destroyed any real trade value they would have.

At least the name Jared has the Subway guy and the jewelry store going for it, though it still means $%#^ in my house.

Don't take this the wrong way ... but ...

With the majority of the "vets" off in never-never-land, you've actually stood out as one of the funniest "remaining" Huddlers over the past couple of months. :lol:

Keep it up. :tup:

With the majority of the "vets" off in never-never-land, you've actually stood out as one of the funniest "remaining" Huddlers over the past couple of months. :lol:

One could make the argument some of those fellas were off in never-never-land the whole time they were here as well :lol:

With three 4-1 teams and one 3-2 team I do not have much room to complain, as this is the best start (cumulatively) I have ever had. Yet I somehow wound up with Ryan Mathews after he fell to the 8th round in one league.

"Self," I told myself, "you have been burned by Mathews too many times to count. Why do you keep hoping this turd will bring you fantasy gold, even if he seemed ridiculously under-valued?"

But I pulled that metaphorical lever anyway, and now the turd rots on my bench. I am too skeptical to start him, but until this week's concussion I could not bear to sever the last link.

<flushes the turd>

• Like 1

Wow, that's a hugh compliment. Thanks a lot! (My wife never appreciates my humor...)

One could make the argument some of those fellas were off in never-never-land the whole time they were here as well :lol:

I live in Washington state. Washington state legalized pot. Who says I'm not off in never-never-land too? (I think I just saw Taz run by in a Peter Pan outfit. Wtf?!) :huh:

Edited by Tripleshot

Please better define "giving up on"? Do you mean waive? Are you cutting Colston? I feel he's too good to drop (WR1 on a fabulous offense). Or do you mean try to move. The challenge with guys like Colston is their value is currently so low. I am sure there's some owner in your league that would relieve you of him for an Ace Sanders-like player.

I have Bowe in a few leagues, and depending my waiver positions and the players available, may let him go. He's obviously not a key component on a team that doesn't throw down field, relies on controlling the clock and defense.

Giving up on colston is a big no no. He has the history of blowing up the 2nd half of the season.

I just have to know what you received in return for this garbage. Were they 'throw-ins' with more fantasy-relevantr players involved?

Bowe and leveon netter me colston and then colston with powell got me boldin and then boldin and vook got me......julius and forte....this was within a matter of 24 hours this past week...

Bowe and leveon netter me colston and then colston with powell got me boldin and then boldin and vook got me......julius and forte....this was within a matter of 24 hours this past week...

Wait, someone traded you Thomas and Forte for Boldin and Cook? :rolleyes: Come on...

Just stop now! There is no way on Gods green earth that this happend. If it did, I want to be In your league next season.

Edited by RJV

Yeah I know...he realized afterwards what he did but he had Jimmy at Te and was stacked at rb already...but yeah it went sorta like ...I think I made a mistake...

Hmm... yeah, not really a good example of how flipping players usually goes. But congrats.