[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL MVP? Peyton or Foles?

Papa Deuce

Okay, at least you aren't foolish enough to argue Lynch versus Moreno. It is odd how much better Moreno became once Manning showed up though. In games he started he went from averaging 81 yards from scrimmage and 12 total TD's (24 games started pre-Manning) to averaging 105 yards from scrimmage and 15 total TD's in only 20 games started with Manning. Thats is a huge increase in production from him since Manning took over.

Decker my only player????? What about Julius Thomas? Where was he before Manning showed up? 11 TD's to a guy who had one career pass catch prior to this season. No doubt he would have done this with any middle of the road QB.

Yeah, I'm very familiar with Demaryius and what he did at GT. He certainly had the tools to become a #1 WR in the NFL, which is why he was drafted in the 1st round. Doesn't matter who was throwing to him before Manning got there, the fact is no one ever said "this guy is one of the best WR's in the game" until Peyton came. Decker's number's doubled once Manning got there. Maybe it is all coincidence that this happened and with any other QB outside of Tebow these guys would have become studs and put up the same numbers. Maybe with Wilson under center Decker's numbers would have tripled, Demaryius would have people saying "Calvin who" and Julius Thomas would be the poster child for modern day tight ends.

Demaryius is also on record as saying Manning has made him the WR he has become. He credits him with teaching him, and more importantly, showing him what it takes to become a premier player in the NFL.

Another thing that stands out is the number of players who happen to have the best statistical year of their career's while playing with Peyton.

Whatever guy, you said his "receivers didn't have great careers" prior to Manning's arrival. All I did was debunk that.

I'm not saying Manning isn't a great QB. He is. He could be one of the game's best.

Just don't go throwin' baloney around unless you have something to back it up.

• Like 2

One word for you, Peyton (made him a much better WR, than he was in 2011 with Tebow, which is counter to darin's point).

Yes but TEBOW ? ,, that is like saying Peyton made him a better WR then when Must Of Been Drunk was his QB :lol:

Oh wait I resemble that remark :whack:

Whatever guy, you said his "receivers didn't have great careers" prior to Manning's arrival. All I did was debunk that.

I'm not saying Manning isn't a great QB. He is. He could be one of the game's best.

Darin relax , you are arguing with someone that calls himself a Sausage King , not that there is anything wrong with that :wink:

Darin relax , you are arguing with someone that calls himself a Sausage King , not that there is anything wrong with that :wink:

Dude, I love sausage. :brow:

And I'm perfectly relaxed. :)

Wish I wasn't sitting at work, otherwise I'm peachy. Now, come about 7:30pm CST I may be a little fired up. :unsure:

Edited by darin3

Dude, I love sausage. :brow:

And I'm perfectly relaxed. :)

Wish I wasn't sitting at work, otherwise I'm peachy. Now, come about 7:30pm CST I may be a little fired up. :unsure:

Be careful ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I painted 3 houses and no one ever called me a painter

I fixed a dozen cars and no one ever called me a mechanic

I tried just one sausage and guess what they called me

You didn't debunk anything. All you did was actually prove my point (Peyton Manning makes other player's significantly better, and has done so his ENTIRE career). If you are incapable of wrapping your head around that I can't help you. Why do you not address the comments on Moreno or Julius Thomas either? Can't come up with something can ya?

You didn't debunk anything. All you did was actually prove my point (Peyton Manning makes other player's significantly better, and has done so his ENTIRE career). If you are incapable of wrapping your head around that I can't help you. Why do you not address the comments on Moreno or Julius Thomas either? Can't come up with something can ya?

I wasn't the one that mentioned Moreno, so no... I won't expand on anything related him.

And I can't comment on Julius Thomas, either, since he really has nothing to compare this season to. He played in a total of 8 games prior to this season. If you think the team just said "hey, let's start this random TE and see if Peyton can make him a stud", then I think this conversation is pretty much over.

You said Thomas and Decker hadn't done squat prior to Manning's arrival. I debunked that. Moving on. :)

The fact that the WRs had decent seasons when Tebow was under center at least proves they aren't a bunch of talent-less buffoons, made into super stars by Manning. Did Manning make them better, though? I don't doubt it. It's what good QBs do - they make those around them better.

:lol:

:doh: I don't think anyone is trying to make the case that Manning is a bad, or even average, QB.

Edited by bud29

I wasn't the one that mentioned Moreno, so no... I won't expand on anything related him.

And I can't comment on Julius Thomas, either, since he really has nothing to compare this season to. He played in a total of 8 games prior to this season. If you think the team just said "hey, let's start this random TE and see if Peyton can make him a stud", then I think this conversation is pretty much over.

You said Thomas and Decker hadn't done squat prior to Manning's arrival. I debunked that. Moving on. :)

I'm not sure where you got me saying they didn't do squat. I said they weren't having great careers and I'll stand by that. Not a single one of them would be talked about as a top player prior to Manning showing up in Denver. Why can you not comment on the impact Manning has had on Julius Thomas? The fact that Julius Thomas did nothing prior to Manning, and is now one of the top tight ends in the league, is something you simply choose to ignore because it again proves my point. The guy went from being a roster afterthought to a stud. I guess we just disagree on the impact Manning has had on these guys and all of them would have eventually become pro-bowl caliber players once Denver gave up on Tebow.

I'm not sure where you got me saying they didn't do squat. I said they weren't having great careers and I'll stand by that. Not a single one of them would be talked about as a top player prior to Manning showing up in Denver. Why can you not comment on the impact Manning has had on Julius Thomas? The fact that Julius Thomas did nothing prior to Manning, and is now one of the top tight ends in the league, is something you simply choose to ignore because it again proves my point. The guy went from being a roster afterthought to a stud. I guess we just disagree on the impact Manning has had on these guys and all of them would have eventually become pro-bowl caliber players once Denver gave up on Tebow.

The guy went from not being able to stay healthy for any stretch of games since drafted until this year. Same with Moreno. So now I guess Manning's aura has healing properties that you're attributing to him. It's all Manning, nothing but Manning, and it has nothing to do with a player's staying healthy. Notice, he's still having health issues, so now maybe Manning gets a ding for not being as therapeutic a presence as earlier attributed.

Oh, and since no one took up the Moreno-Lynch comparison, let's do this.

Moreno 932 Rush yds 4.2ypc 10 Rush TD 53 Rec 481 Rec yds 2 Rec TD

Lynch 1089 Rush yds 4.2 ypc 11 Rush TD 33 Rec 307 Rec yds 2 Rec TD

Yeah, they're not even close, that is, unless you think nearly identical total yards and TDs isn't "close". And besides, we all know Lynch does that entirely on his own, while half of Moreno's stats are because Manning simply exists. It has nothing to do with Denver's superior offensive line play, nor the fact that Moreno's played every game this season for the first time in 3-4 years.

• Like 1

I have been watching Peyton do what he has been doing for over a decade now

Wilson for a little over a year

Foles for a couple of weeks & should of never been in the discussion

Romo ( no comment )

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk
  • Like 1

The guy went from not being able to stay healthy for any stretch of games since drafted until this year. Same with Moreno. So now I guess Manning's aura has healing properties that you're attributing to him. It's all Manning, nothing but Manning, and it has nothing to do with a player's staying healthy. Notice, he's still having health issues, so now maybe Manning gets a ding for not being as therapeutic a presence as earlier attributed.

Oh, and since no one took up the Moreno-Lynch comparison, let's do this.

Moreno 932 Rush yds 4.2ypc 10 Rush TD 53 Rec 481 Rec yds 2 Rec TD

Lynch 1089 Rush yds 4.2 ypc 11 Rush TD 33 Rec 307 Rec yds 2 Rec TD

Yeah, they're not even close, that is, unless you think nearly identical total yards and TDs isn't "close". And besides, we all know Lynch does that entirely on his own, while half of Moreno's stats are because Manning simply exists. It has nothing to do with Denver's superior offensive line play, nor the fact that Moreno's played every game this season for the first time in 3-4 years.

Another slow one huh? Moreno has been banged up this year as well, but that isn't the point. I all ready stated his career stats and games played with Manning versus without Manning. There is a huge difference and I guess according to you it is simply a coincidence that his numbers are better while playing alongside Peyton. So just to make yourself clear, you do think Marshawn Lynch and Knowshon Moreno are even players. Just wanted to be sure that was your stance. Your stance on Julius Thomas is off base as well. His rookie season he missed much of it due to injury, but last season he missed time because he was the 3rd string TE behind Tamme and Dreesen. He was healthy enough to be active and participate in special teams. Bottom line is the guy was a nobody coming into this year and now he is a impact player. I never once said these players would be nothing without Manning. I never said they were bums or bad football players (I just said they weren't great and it is not a coincidence that they got a lot better once Peyton became their QB). I don't discount that these individual players deserve credit for their improved performances, but I strongly believe their performances are directly impacted by the play of their QB. It didn't just happen in Denver, Manning has been helping players achieve their potential throughout his career. Edited by sausagekingchi

MVP = Most Valuable Player , so this should be how you judge how valuable a player is:

How well would the team be doing if they were removed from their team.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Calvin Johnson ( Lions would go down quicker than Lindsy Lohan )

3. Charles ( Coach is the Chiefs MVP & Def is close 2nd over Charles )

4. Russell Wilson ( Def all the way , a couple of the Def players deserve it more )

5. Tom Brady ( He is Tom frigging Brady )

6. Drew Brees ( Slightly above Newton )

7. Cam Newton ( He makes the team )

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk

4. Russell Wilson ( Def all the way , a couple of the Def players deserve it more )

:nono: Wilson is the easily the most important player on Seattle; they are a borderline playoff team without him. Seattle's defense would generally function fine losing anyone beyond Earl Thomas (including Sherman).

:nono: Wilson is the easily the most important player on Seattle; they are a borderline playoff team without him. Seattle's defense would generally function fine losing anyone beyond Earl Thomas (including Sherman).

You're not giving Sherman near the credit he deserves. He's one of, if not the most important cog on that defense.

I didn't say that, but I will say he's a serious contender for DPOY.

He is, but so is Earl Thomas. Today on one of the Seattle sports talk stations, the hosts were debating who you'd rather keep if you could only have one, Earl Thomas or Richard Sherman. After agreeing that losing either would hurt too much to consider, they chose Thomas, as he is key to how the rest of the Seattle defense works. But they all agreed it was splitting hairs choosing one over the other.

There's something else that not many realize. I heard a clip of Sherman miked up during a game. He was calling the other team's offensive plays as he saw how they lined up. He's one smart dude, and his time playing WR at Standford helped as well. He would yell at the linebackers and other DBs and tell them what was coming. There's an absolutely hilarious part where he's yelling at Chancellor telling him where to go. He tells Chancellor something like "they motion that guy to counter this type of coverage, that's why they do it" and then you clearly hear Chancellor respond, "Say what?". It's pretty obvious who the more cerebral ones are in the Legion of Boom. :lol:

Edited by Tripleshot