[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL MVP? Peyton or Foles?

Papa Deuce

I think I'm starting to get it. Wins only count if the QB passes for 300+ yards in the win. You keep pointing out Wilson's totals, yet ignore quarterback rating and YPA. Wilson is every bit as efficient as Manning, just not as prolific.

Then you point out that Lynch is 3rd in the league in carries as evidence that Wilson gets more help from Lynch than Manning does from his running game. Chew on this - The Broncos have only rushed the ball 25 fewer times this whole season than the Seahawks, and while the Seahawks do average 25 more yards per game than the Broncos, Wilson himself accounts for 38 yards per game of that. So the Broncos are actually getting more production from their running backs than the Seahawks do from their running backs! The Seahawks have 25 more rushes this year as they actually run the ball to run clock in blowout games instead of keeping their foot on the gas pedal(to get that 6th and 7th TD when the game's not close).

I'm telling you, you cannot gauge how good Wilson has been this year by his stats alone. He will not win the MVP, Peyton will and deservedly so, but he's definitely belongs in the conversation, and is being ranked in the top 2 or 3 by quite a few NFL writers of late. I guess they're just being silly, because his stats just aren't gaudy enough.

Yup...good points. It's also worthy mentioning that Russel's WRs have consisted of Golden Tate plus 3 UDFA players for a good chunk of the season. For those insinuating that any QB could go 11-1 in that position seem to be forgetting how much a guy like Kaep has struggled with underwhelming WR talent this year. Russel hasn't skipped a beat; he keeps getting better.

If Romo were the QB of the Seahawks this year he'd be on IR or dead because of all the o-line injuries in Seattle this season. For that matter, most of the QBs you guys think could guide Seattle to the same record this year would be too. I've come to the conclusion that most of you haven't seen more than a couple of Seahawk games this year, because if you had, you'd realize he IS the focal point of everything the Seahawks do on offense because of his decision making. This is why he's been so much better than his contemporaries this year. He's smarter, prepares better, and is cooler in tight games. While Kaep and RGIII are struggling because opposing defenses have adjusted to them, Wilson had already adjusted to the other teams' adjustments. Take something away from him, and he'll just beat you in other ways. Wilson lacks Peyton's totals, but he has Peyton's mind, work ethic, and desire for excellence. Time will prove this to all outside of Seattle, as those of us in Seattle already know this. So keep pointing to all of Peyton's gawdy totals, because they are truly historic as Kegger says, but Wilson is damn near as efficient as Peyton in every category not based on sheer volume(QB rating, ypa, etc.). I'm fine with Peyton as MVP. Wilson will have a different trophy come February.

Also helps that the kid slips away from pressure better than any QB I've ever seen by far.

He's even more dangerous in that situation, because he goes from dead to rights to slipping away, and with the play broken down by then, he finds plenty of holes to run through if he can't find a reciever.

Also helps that the kid slips away from pressure better than any QB I've ever seen by far.

He's even more dangerous in that situation, because he goes from dead to rights to slipping away, and with the play broken down by then, he finds plenty of holes to run through if he can't find a reciever.

Slip would be a good nickname for Wilson.

Great point about Brady and the year Cassell had in relief. It does show that while Brady is good and a key part, that even a backup type QB could come in and do pretty well.

Sure, if you're comfortable using something that happened six years ago to determine MVP qualifications for this year. :shrug:

Sure, if you're comfortable using something that happened six years ago to determine MVP qualifications for this year. :shrug:

Didn't say I was using it to determine MVP, just that it was interesting and does show that in some cases another QB can take over a team from a HOF player and do pretty well.

By the way...it was cold as hell and Manning killed it against a respectable pass D. His receivers dropped a lot of catchable stuff too. Peyton was spinning em today folks.

That's impossible, everybody keeps telling us that he's horrible in cold weather.

That's impossible, everybody keeps telling us that he's horrible in cold weather.

I thought his career stats in games under 32 degrees told us that. Meaning yesterday could be an aberration, the career cold-weather stats were too limited a sample size because he played in a dome for so many years, or just that he wasn't playing the Patriots/in the playoffs in a cold game for once.

The cold weather label on Manning is pretty much the media being the media. It has less to do with cold weather and more to do with the fact that it's difficult to win road games in late December and January (which is pretty much the only time Manning played in cold weather games in his whole career until last year). Now, he gets home games in the cold. It is absurd to think that people are surprised that he had a Manning-esque game yesterday. This wasn't a playoff game. His opponent wasn't that good (though decent vs. the pass, but certain QBs trump that and Manning is one of them).

Those career numbers would surely look better if he'd played in a city like Denver all those years.

• Like 2

I thought his career stats in games under 32 degrees told us that. Meaning yesterday could be an aberration, the career cold-weather stats were too limited a sample size because he played in a dome for so many years, or just that he wasn't playing the Patriots/in the playoffs in a cold game for once.

D - he never had a team well-rounded enough to play in cold. This team has a running game and multiple beastly TE/WR's that can fight for the ball rather than rely on speed/elusiveness to get open.

Wilson has a top 5 RB, underrated wrs, one of the best OLs, and the best D in the NFL. He is 17th in passing yards, tied with Dalton for 6th in TDs, and 7th in completion percentage and 7th in QBR.

Manning is 2nd in completion % behind Rivers (who is inexplicably left off this list), 1st in TDs, and 1st in yards by a big margin and 1st in QBR. He does have great weapons and a decent to good running game (i would argue the success of the running game stems from Manning being the QB)

Now tell me why Wilson is ahead of Manning? Especially when you state you are more concerned with production than name?

My list would be...

1. Peyton

2. Foles

3. Brees

4. Cam

5. Rivers

6. Wilson

Really? Gee, I wonder *WHY* Lynch is a top-5 RB and the WRs appear "underrated". :thinking: Hmmmmm....

• Like 2