[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss caught Shtz for it , but Dez does it and all good

MustOfBeenDrunk

Bottom line is there were 50+ other grown men on Dallas' sideline who acknowledged the defeat and acted like grown men. There was one who did not. Easy to see who is in the wrong.

B-I-N-G-O

So me and ( poster not named ) go out drinking and get in a fight with two other guys.

It becomes obvious we aren't going to win.

So he decides its time to leave and let me finish by myself.

That's what Im reading

Were you and taz drinking Goldschlager or Jager? :thinking:

Sorry Cowboyz ... nothing you say will convince me that Dez's actions are excusable or defensible. The Dallas Cowboys are supposed to be a TEAM, not a collection of individuals doing what is best for themselves. Dez's actions were selfish and by definition excludes him from being a team player. You can't win in the NFL unless you perform as a TEAM. So, whether or not the reasons behind his actions were correct, his action was destructive to the team. As long as players like Dez feel like they can do what he did the team will never be a cohesive unit and will never amount to anything. It is the job of the leadership of the organization to build a cohesive team ... the leadership of the Dallas Cowboys do not know how to build anything, let alone a cohesive team. The failure started at the top and Dez's behavior is a symptom of that failure.

Fair enough, I really do see your point and any other time I would concur. In this one instance, under these particular circumstances I just don't begrudge Dez for what he did. I know it's not the right thing to do, I know he should have taken it like the others did. I just understand why he did it and could understand the feelings that cause the action itself. It's just that the Cowboys do things that defy the laws of possibility and continually discover innovative ways to piss me off. There just seems to be no line of disgust they won't cross which makes fans like me and players like Dez lose their fricken minds. So I hear what your saying and understand it fully and deep down I know your right.

However, there is a part of me that was in lock step with Dez Bryant and walked off the field stride for stride right along with him. In fact, I did exactly that. Just as soon as the pick was thrown, I got up, grabbed the clicker, turned the channel and walked out for a smoke. I didn't care if the call was in our favor. I just wanted to get away from the absolute humiliation of being a Cowboys fan and I suspect Dez wanted desperately to remove himself from the presence of coaches and players that seemed to have total and complete resistance to playing to win.

So there it is. Your right, perhaps he should have stayed and showed the self restraint to endure yet another castration on National TV. He's only human and I for one completely understand why he could not. It's like the guy in Falling Down, he should not have gone on a rampage and terrorize the city. He should have just eaten the hamburger they served him despite how it looked. However, every single one of us related to his plight and have all had a day or more that we just had enough and do things we would normally not do.

Reminds me of when Buddy Ryan tried to punch his offensive coordinator Mcbride on the sidelines after calling a pass play which resulted in a fumble, when everyone new they should be running the ball. Should he have punched another coach on national TV? No. Did a lot of people understand why he did it? Yes. In fact, many were glad he did and made him sort of a folk hero.

So before we go bashing a guy and calling him a Moss or Owens, look at the situation. He is NO Owens and certainly no Moss.

Edited by Cowboyz1

So me and ( poster not named ) go out drinking and get in a fight with two other guys.

It becomes obvious we aren't going to win.

So he decides its time to leave and let me finish by myself.

That's what Im reading

Ok let's revise that little scenario of yours to reflect the reality of our little situation here and see if you feel the same way.

You and your friends have gotten into fights for years now and for the most part you hold your own in the beginning but more often than not get your collective a$$ kicked. As the fight starts you and your buddies get in some good shots. But as the fight progresses your other two friends stop sticking and moving, close their eyes and begin windmilling wildly like little kids on a playground screaming aaaaahhhhhhhhhh. Now during their wild tantrums you get knocked out by a wild shot because their eyes are closed and inevitably wake up just to see your friends getting cleaned up and put to sleep. Which leaves you by yourself dizzy as a mother fkr to finish the fight.

Now this happens time in and time out, no matter how much you talk to them about their windmilling style and how you're just as likely to get beat down by them as the guys your fighting. Each time they agree, and say they will do better next time. However, inevitably next time comes and sure as $hit, they do the same thing and you end up a$$ kicked and dizzy as a mother fker taking shots from those you're fighting and your own pals.

So you tell me. Don't you think there would come a day that you just say fk it, I'm not going to get my a$$ kicked today over that stupid a$$ $hit you guys keep doing and walk away as soon as they start that crap. Tell the truth now!

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

Ok let's revise that little scenario of yours to reflect the reality of our little situation here and see if you feel the same way.

You and your friends have gotten into fights for years now and for the most part you hold your own in the beginning but more often than not get your collective a$$ kicked. As the fight starts you and your buddies get in some good shots. But as the fight progresses your other two friends stop sticking and moving, close their eyes and begin windmilling wildly like little kids on a playground screaming aaaaahhhhhhhhhh. Now during their wild tantrums you get knocked out by a wild shot because their eyes are closed and inevitably wake up just to see your friends getting cleaned up and put to sleep. Which leaves you by yourself dizzy as a mother fkr to finish the fight.

Now this happens time in and time out, no matter how much you talk to them about their windmilling style and how you're just as likely to get beat down by them as the guys your fighting. Each time they agree, and say they will do better next time. However, inevitably next time comes and sure as $hit, they do the same thing and you end up a$$ kicked and dizzy as a mother fker taking shots from those you're fighting and your own pals.

So you tell me. Don't you think there would come a day that you just say fk it, I'm not going to get my a$$ kicked today over that stupid a$$ $hit you guys keep doing and walk away as soon as they start that crap. Tell the truth now!

I stop going to bars with them ... but if I do go to a bar with them I don't quit on them.

Dez may have fire, but he needs to learn how to channel it, otherwise he just looks like a giant tool. I'd rather players have fire to win, not just yell and scream and act like a child.

Exactly. Acting like a spoiled immature ahole shouldn't be confused with having a "fire in your belly." He's acting like an immature butthole. Nothing wrong with hating to lose, but plenty wrong with pouting and b*tching and generally acting like a spoiled child.

Frigging Owens says its all about Race :rofl:

what a shock, as he's known for being such a high IQ, high class kinda guy.

Sorry Cowboyz I have to disagree with you. Dez leaving the field early is yet another indication of the team's lack of discipline. What you are calling "fire" I see as a tantrum. There is absolutely NO excuse for deserting the field before the conclusion of the game, none. Should Dallas have run the ball to kill the clock, absolutely ... but that doesn't mean that individual players on the team should express their displeasure with what happened by making such a public display. His action was the action of somebody that holds himself separate from the team and not the actions of a team player.

I've seen many an athlete, including myself, cry on the sidelines after a bitter defeat. You'd never hear an apology for any of them. BECAUSE THEY DO'T NEED ONE. THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG. Dez did. No excuse for that BS in any sport.

My 6 year old son's team just went undefeated, but lost in the championship. There was plenty of crying, and plenty of emotion spilled by those kids at the end, yet each boy stood on that sideline and watched every last second tick off the clock. Then they walked across the field to congratulate the victors. Proud of the way they handled themselves. I'd think any parent would be embarrassed/pissed if their kid stomped off the field before a game ended because he was 'upset'.

Bottom line is there were 50+ other grown men on Dallas' sideline who acknowledged the defeat and acted like grown men. There was one who did not. Easy to see who is in the wrong.

Hey somebody gets it.

Isn't it sad that 6 yr old boys like that get the importance of sportsmanship, class - even maturity - and alleged adults like Bryant don't?

As bad as flaming aholes like Owens or Moss? Maybe not......but I think we're seeing now why he fell as far as he did in that draft.

• Like 1

Tell the truth now!

No my scenario was more like Me & Dez are at a bar & get jumped and he runs away because we are not winning

Oh , this is my last post on the subject because I'm starting him in the SB and so for this week I need to praise him so the FF & Karma gods shine on me :shades:

As a long time and very loyal Cowboy fan I find it hard to blame Dez simply because I myself am so frustrated with the organization. Its one thing to stand there and fight the good fight and lose anyway. Under those circumstances if Dez had walked off it would be deplorable. But to have the game handed over on a platter like this is a tough pill to swallow. I am normally calm as I have witnessed many an inexplicable loss with this team but Sunday I was fit to be tied and I switched the TV channel before Dez walked. I didn't even know he had done that as a result. My poor dogs were running for cover as the expletive laced tirade could probably be heard in my neighbors living rooms. This combined with the fact that I see alot of the things in Dez that I once admired about Irvin makes it harder to fault Dez to the extent that I otherwise would.

:2cents:

So, based on everything I've read so far, if Dez dropped a catch (I've seen him drop MANY passes in his career) or got flagged for some stupid ass penalty (which I've seen from him a lot of too), and Dallas loses a game or even a shot at the playoffs...then Cowboyz and any other Dez apologists would essentially be fine with the other 50+ guys saying "F U!! we're tired of your sith!" and walking off the field. Considering all the negative-impacting plays/actions I've seen from Dez, I guess those guys would be justified too. ??? AGAIN...YOU WIN BECAUSE YOU ARE A TEAM (Dez has never won a singe game in his life by himself) AND YOU LOSE AS A TEAM.

Last things...

#1 -If Dez is so upset and disgusted that his teammates and coaches aren't better, he should walk into Jerry's office, state exactly that, and quit. Lets see how far that kind of attitude gets him in life.

#2 - Remind me never to get into a fight with Dez fans on my side. If it ever becomes clear we might lose, I'll be fighting alone.

• Like 1

So, based on everything I've read so far, if Dez dropped a catch (I've seen him drop MANY passes in his career) or got flagged for some stupid ass penalty (which I've seen from him a lot of too), and Dallas loses a game or even a shot at the playoffs...then Cowboyz and any other Dez apologists would essentially be fine with the other 50+ guys saying "F U!! we're tired of your sith!" and walking off the field. Considering all the negative-impacting plays/actions I've seen from Dez, I guess those guys would be justified too. ??? AGAIN...YOU WIN BECAUSE YOU ARE A TEAM (Dez has never won a singe game in his life by himself) AND YOU LOSE AS A TEAM.

Last things...

#1 -If Dez is so upset and disgusted that his teammates and coaches aren't better, he should walk into Jerry's office, state exactly that, and quit. Lets see how far that kind of attitude gets him in life.

#2 - Remind me never to get into a fight with Dez fans on my side. If it ever becomes clear we might lose, I'll be fighting alone.

:lol:

Uh huh. Right.

I guess along with being a Dez apologist you are calling me a liar? In your scenario why would I continue to go with bars where my "friends" get my ass kicked unless I'm looking for a fight? And if I'm looking for a fight why would I bail out on my friends? Your scenario doesn't quite hold water anyway because you and your friends weren't hired to go to bars as a team and beat up the local patrons, your livelihood isn't going to bars and beating up the patrons with your teammates. Furthermore, fighting isn't a team activity either. Dez was hired to be part of a team whose job is to function together as a unit to win ball games. When he walks off the field before the game is over he makes it clear he isn't part of the team.

When he walks off the field before the game is over he makes it clear he isn't part of the team.

Nomally I would agree %100. This team is such a joke right now I can see a player losing it, frankly I'm surprised others haven't lost their cool at this point.

Look, I'm not saying he did the right thing by any means, but like I posted earlier I wish some more players would show some fire and disgust when they piss a game away...beats sitting on the bench with a stupid look on their face.

And that game was over..

I honestly don't understand the apologists for Dez's attitude or actions. Its one thing to be upset, even furious about a loss. Hell, I've seen many an athlete, including myself, cry on the sidelines after a bitter defeat. You'd never hear an apology for any of them. BECAUSE THEY DO'T NEED ONE. THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG. Dez did. No excuse for that BS in any sport.

My 6 year old son's team just went undefeated, but lost in the championship. There was plenty of crying, and plenty of emotion spilled by those kids at the end, yet each boy stood on that sideline and watched every last second tick off the clock. Then they walked across the field to congratulate the victors. Proud of the way they handled themselves. I'd think any parent would be embarrassed/pissed if their kid stomped off the field before a game ended because he was 'upset'.

We are looking for a few guys on D. Can any of the kids from your sons team get to Washington this weekend ?

At first I thought Dez was leaving because he was injured because I did see them stretching him out before that final drive. If that isnt the case he should have showed sportsmanship. I do agree that playing for the Cowboys could be maddening because they are truly a laughing stock joke of a franchise, but you still have to show face after the game. I do like that he is a passionate player. Immature yes but fired up. Romo is slowly turning in to gomer pyle with that stupid face (although his wife is smokin) Its just a lost franchise from top to bottom. Last year our line was awful. We did a nice job of rebuilding that but our D just fell off the face of the earth

Fair enough, I really do see your point and any other time I would concur. In this one instance, under these particular circumstances I just don't begrudge Dez for what he did. I know it's not the right thing to do, I know he should have taken it like the others did. I just understand why he did it and could understand the feelings that cause the action itself. It's just that the Cowboys do things that defy the laws of possibility and continually discover innovative ways to piss me off. There just seems to be no line of disgust they won't cross which makes fans like me and players like Dez lose their fricken minds. So I hear what your saying and understand it fully and deep down I know your right.

However, there is a part of me that was in lock step with Dez Bryant and walked off the field stride for stride right along with him. In fact, I did exactly that. Just as soon as the pick was thrown, I got up, grabbed the clicker, turned the channel and walked out for a smoke. I didn't care if the call was in our favor. I just wanted to get away from the absolute humiliation of being a Cowboys fan and I suspect Dez wanted desperately to remove himself from the presence of coaches and players that seemed to have total and complete resistance to playing to win.

So there it is. Your right, perhaps he should have stayed and showed the self restraint to endure yet another castration on National TV. He's only human and I for one completely understand why he could not. It's like the guy in Falling Down, he should not have gone on a rampage and terrorize the city. He should have just eaten the hamburger they served him despite how it looked. However, every single one of us related to his plight and have all had a day or more that we just had enough and do things we would normally not do.

Reminds me of when Buddy Ryan tried to punch his offensive coordinator Mcbride on the sidelines after calling a pass play which resulted in a fumble, when everyone new they should be running the ball. Should he have punched another coach on national TV? No. Did a lot of people understand why he did it? Yes. In fact, many were glad he did and made him sort of a folk hero.

So before we go bashing a guy and calling him a Moss or Owens, look at the situation. He is NO Owens and certainly no Moss.

:rofl:

You couldn't be a bigger homer if you tried.

Dez's "plight"? :rofl:

Would be one thing if you're talking about his off-the-field issues, but his plight on the field is getting paid millions to play a team sport. Act like a professional.

If you can't see why it's selfish and immature to walk out on your teammates, then i don't know what to tell ya.

Though I'll give it to, your analogy of how a professional athlete is right to act like a sore loser fan was amusing... Like it or not, Dez is paid to act like a professional and role model. He didn't act like either, and that's inexcusable.

Edited by delusions of grandeur
  • Like 1

I guess along with being a Dez apologist you are calling me a liar? In your scenario why would I continue to go with bars where my "friends" get my ass kicked unless I'm looking for a fight? And if I'm looking for a fight why would I bail out on my friends? Your scenario doesn't quite hold water anyway because you and your friends weren't hired to go to bars as a team and beat up the local patrons, your livelihood isn't going to bars and beating up the patrons with your teammates. Furthermore, fighting isn't a team activity either. Dez was hired to be part of a team whose job is to function together as a unit to win ball games. When he walks off the field before the game is over he makes it clear he isn't part of the team.

Ok Grits you win. Dez was wrong to walk off the field and he was the first to admit it. Maybe you're more of a reserved guy but I'm not and I totally understood why he felt there was no other way to cope but to walk away. I just so happen to agree with him only because I felt that exact same way. Wrong probably, justified definitely. Sorry Grits that's just how I see it.

My entire point about the fighting was that you continue to do the same thing knowing the outcome and can't or won't do anything about it until one day you realize you've had enough and quit. And you would get to that point unless your insane or punchy. Which is why I understand how Dez, being of sound mind, could not cope anymore that day and walked away. I'm sure you understand what I'm saying and I suspect you yourself have reached that point in your life at sometime or another. Most of us have.

This has been perhaps the most aggravating year because of our history making defense.

How can you have 36 players either released injured, on IR or otherwise no longer able to play. That's almost an entire starting lineup. Seems impossible for that to happen to one team. Something has to be going wrong with the training program.

Until we get some defensive players that can stay healthy and can actually play at this level we as fans will continue to be frustrated. I can't really blame them as I know they are trying but they're just not starters in this league. I suppose it's time I realize we have no chance and I should better prepare for heartbreak. It's just so hard to watch a team do the things they do knowing you yourself could manage the game better.

:rofl:

You couldn't be a bigger homer if you tried.

Dez's "plight"? :rofl:

Would be one thing if you're talking about his off-the-field issues, but his plight on the field is getting paid millions to play a team sport. Act like a professional.

If you can't see why it's selfish and immature to walk out on your teammates, then i don't know what to tell ya.

Though I'll give it to, your analogy of how a professional athlete is right to act like a sore loser fan was amusing... Like it or not, Dez is paid to act like a professional and role model. He didn't act like either, and that's inexcusable.

Look you can say he should be this and that because he gets paid millions but have you ever played sports? If you have you know dollars and "sense" (or cents) are the last thing on your mind when your on the field playing to win. During that 60 minutes on the field, nothing else comes into play but doing your job and fighting to win. Money, Fame, Status, all means diddly squat when you're between the lines fighting for the ball and hitting. I can't say everyone is like that but I know Dez is. All he wants to do is play his a$$ off and win.

When the Cowboys laid down like they did, role model be damned, piss on professionalism, at that moment all he felt was let down by his club and alone in a misery reserved for only the few that half believed they had a shot. Me included. Because at that very moment, sandwiched between the pain of watching the official announce to the world that your lousy team laid down again and the agonizing realization that your going to have to go through two more weeks of this $hit, leaves you compelled to contemplate the unthinkable. Your not thinking about what the fans will think, or your teammates or your family. Once you achieve that high a level of pissivity there is really not much more you can do but walk. Just go, because the alternative, is just too damn ugly. Sometimes you just have to say fk it and take your red a$$hole somewhere else so that nobody gets hurt.

I know for a fact, if it were me, and I was out there on the sideline as a fan, I would have to be escorted off the premises if I was there when the ref came out to tell everyone what I already knew and was barely coping with as it was. So I along with many other fans I would have silently walked away before the call came and save my family from being mortified watching their son chase Garrett onto the field with my stadium chair over my head screaming "Ahma Have Me Some Fun, Ahma Have Me Some Fun, you no play callin sonofabtch"!

So I'll be wrong on this one because at the time, in this particular circumstance, walking away was the only right.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I was looking at the two gentlemen in Whomper's pic, and it made me think. Show class and good sportsmanship in both winning and losing, and along with hard work and your God-given talent you can become a revered legend, regardless of how many championships you may attain, and along with that a forgiving public when you may make a misstep or two. Don't, and regardless of how physically gifted you are or how much passion you may play the game with, how many records you may hold or rings you may have, and you will become an afterthought, quickly forgotten, your character and merits argued for and against on website forums after your career has come to its end. Bryant is a grown man, one of the team leaders whether he has a "C" on his jersey or not. It doesn't matter how many embaressing losses the Cowboys may endure or how dysfunctional the organization may be. He needs to suck it up and lead by example in all that he does, so when the victories come he and his teamates can truly relish that moment, and leave their mark on the game, able to take full pride in that accomplishment. This is true of all who play the game at this level. Think of how Staubach & Landry would have handled this situation. Think of how they are thought of now. Dez is young. Hopefully he will walk the halls at team HQ and stop to look at the pics from the glory years that adorn the walls, and learn from those who stare back from the past.

Edited by Lloyd Dobler
  • Like 1

Cowboyz ... would you have condoned the same behavior in one of your children playing youth athletics? If your son or daughter's team had the same kind of year and gave away yet another game after your son or daughter did everything they could to help the team win ... you would support them in their decision to leave the field early?

Cowboyz ... would you have condoned the same behavior in one of your children playing youth athletics? If your son or daughter's team had the same kind of year and gave away yet another game after your son or daughter did everything they could to help the team win ... you would support them in their decision to leave the field early?

Exactly, him being a professional athlete only makes it worse (I can't imagine any job where thats acceptable) , but you're supposed to be a teammate and a good sport at every level, win or lose.

Im sure you all have never made a passionate decision in the heat of the moment that you regretted later once confronted with your illogical actions. I like how you are all talking down about dez like hes a piece of honda. You really need to look in the mirror and get off your self righteous bullhonda.