[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL stories not worth their own thread - post them

MustOfBeenDrunk

DeSean Jackson wants a raise

Of course he does, he's already completed a whole 40% of his existing contract.

DeSean has always been a loud mouth punkass. It's funny how some of these guys don't seem to comprehend the definition of "contract".

I can't wait to see a franchise try to shake a poorly performing player down to give money back for a crappy season. Then we'd get the unfair labor practice crybabies at full volume.

DeSean has always been a loud mouth punkass. It's funny how some of these guys don't seem to comprehend the definition of "contract".

I can't wait to see a franchise try to shake a poorly performing player down to give money back for a crappy season. Then we'd get the unfair labor practice crybabies at full volume.

See: Mr. Deeds.
  • Like 1

I sure wish my employer would pay me for what I'm going to do the next 3 years instead of what I did this week

But they tell me they pay according to my performance and not my potential :shades:

I sure wish my employer would pay me for what I'm going to do the next 3 years instead of what I did this week

But they tell me they pay according to my performance and not my potential :shades:

Sucks not being a diva

Interesting stat

The Broncos went 13-3 this season, and the three teams they lost to are all still alive in the playoffs after the first round. The Colts beat the Broncos 39-33 in Week 7, the Patriots beat them by three in Week 12 and the Chargers won by a touchdown in Week 15. The Broncos may be the No. 1 seed in the AFC playoffs, but they have lost to every team remaining on their side of the bracket and that has to give them a little heartburn moving forward.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/did-rg3-brag-about-his-influence-over-the-redskins-owner-010714

Did RG3 brag about his influence over the Redskins' owner?

Part of what is in the story

Griffin has "bragged to teammates" about his close relationship with Snyder and his influence over the direction of the franchise, according to Sally Jenkins of The Washington Post. Jenkins cites "insiders" in describing egotistical behavior by the quarterback, including Griffin campaigning for the offense to be styled after his skill set and engaging in intense finger-pointing sessions with wide receivers.

why could he use the same motivation he commented on for Auburn to get ready to play in the NFL

Did they suggest that? I didn't read it, I just posted it because it is not worth it's own thread. I am not even sure it deserves to be in this one.

Did they suggest that? I didn't read it, I just posted it because it is not worth it's own thread. I am not even sure it deserves to be in this one.

On Auburn's motivation

Tebow: "To be an underdog in the national championship, for six weeks in a row, to have all the analysts, all the commentators, all the know-it-alls, say you're not good enough, you haven't put enough in ... that will fire you up for six weeks in a row. And I remember in 2006, we had to hear that. ... To hear that for six weeks, it fires you up, it puts a chip on your shoulder, it gets you ready to play."

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk

why could he use the same motivation he commented on for Auburn to get ready to play in the NFL

On Auburn's motivation

Tebow: "To be an underdog in the national championship, for six weeks in a row, to have all the analysts, all the commentators, all the know-it-alls, say you're not good enough, you haven't put enough in ... that will fire you up for six weeks in a row. And I remember in 2006, we had to hear that. ... To hear that for six weeks, it fires you up, it puts a chip on your shoulder, it gets you ready to play."

not sure what your point is?

by all accounts he's a very hard worker..he's just not uber talented

It goes both ways. How many times have you seen a team cut a guy because he's going to be making too much money, or they ask him to restructure/take a pay cut.

Wow that really shocks me , I wonder what the back story is ??

Not sure why there needs to be a back story. He made some incredibly dumb moves in free agency (Mike Wallace, for one) and his 1st and 2nd round picks have sucked. Sure, he's made some nice selections later in drafts but those don't win championships (or even divisions).

And from what I've heard, Ireland didn't get along with the coaching staff. So there's that, too.

Not sure why there needs to be a back story. He made some incredibly dumb moves in free agency (Mike Wallace, for one) and his 1st and 2nd round picks have sucked. Sure, he's made some nice selections later in drafts but those don't win championships (or even divisions).

And from what I've heard, Ireland didn't get along with the coaching staff. So there's that, too.

This

Seriously Wallace was a incredibly dumb FA pick up ???

Sure hindsight is always 20/20 but at the time I bet most thought is was a good move

Draft picks that he made were ranks very high on everyone radar ,

crap I have each of the RB's on one or more of my dynasty leagues

Now tell me a team that didn't blow a 1st or 2nd on a high draft pick ???

To name just a few

Tony Mandarich

Steven Emtman

R. Jay Soward

David Carr

Andre Ware

Kyle Boller

Aaron Maybin

Kelly Stouffer

Jamaal Anderson

Jeff Otah

Cade McNown

Akili Smith

Tim Tebow

Tim Couch

Yatil Green

David LaFleur

Troy Williamson

JaMarcus Russell

Derek Brown

Ryan Leaf

And my all time favorite , punk Azz Brian Bosworth

Seriously Wallace was a incredibly dumb FA pick up ???

Sure hindsight is always 20/20 but at the time I bet most thought is was a good move

Draft picks that he made were ranks very high on everyone radar ,

crap I have each of the RB's on one or more of my dynasty leagues

Now tell me a team that didn't blow a 1st or 2nd on a high draft pick ???

To name just a few

Tony Mandarich

Steven Emtman

R. Jay Soward

David Carr

Andre Ware

Kyle Boller

Aaron Maybin

Kelly Stouffer

Jamaal Anderson

Jeff Otah

Cade McNown

Akili Smith

Tim Tebow

Tim Couch

Yatil Green

David LaFleur

Troy Williamson

JaMarcus Russell

Derek Brown

Ryan Leaf

And my all time favorite , punk Azz Brian Bosworth

Regarding Wallace, yeah I thought they spent way too much money on a guy that either a] goes deep or b] catches a little bubble screen. The guy doesn't run routes, unless you count "straight ahead" as a route. The Steelers make smart business decisions and letting Wallace walk was a great one. They knew they had solid WRs in Brown and Sanders and now Wallace just looks like an overpaid deep threat. Doesn't really fit the Dolphin offense. Now, as Tannehill develops, maybe he and Wallace start to build a better rapport and his value jumps a bit... but right now this is looking like a hugh fail.

And I'm not sure what the point of listing out a bunch of 1st/2nd round busts is. I'm pretty sure the majority of the decision-makers for the teams that picked those guys probably met their demise in terms of employment, too.

It's pretty much a given that if a GM makes poor decisions over the course of a couple/few years, that his employment is probably going to be in jeopardy. Making sound decisions in terms of high draft picks is included here. It's pretty close to how we view drafting in fantasy football, actually: your higher picks simply can't be busts if you want to win. Go poll the folks that took Ray Rice or C.J. Spiller in the 1st. Odds are they probably didn't do too well, regardless of what sleepers they ended up with later in their draft.

Edited by darin3
  • Like 1

Regarding Wallace, yeah I thought they spent way too much money on a guy that either a] goes deep or b] catches a little bubble screen. The guy doesn't run routes, unless you count "straight ahead" as a route. The Steelers make smart business decisions and letting Wallace walk was a great one. They knew they had solid WRs in Brown and Sanders and now Wallace just looks like an overpaid deep threat. Doesn't really fit the Dolphin offense. Now, as Tannehill develops, maybe he and Wallace start to build a better rapport and his value jumps a bit... but right now this is looking like a hugh fail.

And I'm not sure what the point of listing out a bunch of 1st/2nd round busts is. I'm pretty sure the majority of the decision-makers for the teams that picked those guys probably met their demise in terms of employment, too.

It's pretty much a given that if a GM makes poor decisions over the course of a couple/few years, that his employment is probably going to be in jeopardy. Making sound decisions in terms of high draft picks is included here. It's pretty close to how we view drafting in fantasy football, actually: your higher picks simply can't be busts if you want to win. Go poll the folks that took Ray Rice or C.J. Spiller in the 1st. Odds are they probably didn't do too well, regardless of what sleepers they ended up with later in their draft.

Not to mention trying to tie it to FF and saying how many FF GMs would be fired for bad decisions. Who would fire them? :crazy: or :brew:

Edited by stevegrab

my point is I think he is a decent GM that got screwed by Bill Parcells and wasn't able to right the ship so he told the Dolphin to kick rocks not the other way around

It was widely reported that Ireland was making the bulk of the football decisions when Parcells was there. Whether or not that is completely true is obviously up for debate.

That said, it was a "mutually agreed upon decision". He didn't quit.

And on top of everything else, I haven't even mentioned the Incognito mess that he was at the center of.

Bottom line, the guy didn't get the job done, was like oil and water with the head coach, and the team's going in a different direction.