[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Irsay arrested charged with DWI

whomper

Anybody who's ever seen how he speaks, acts, and tweets, knew that he was still an addict.

Yup. Just like Kraft. Is he ever sober?

He would regularly claim that he gave up drinking years ago. But it was obvious his vice was something else. Prescription pills. His weight is down from 235 to 165.

:thinking:

:thinking:

No, not an option. Shave first and you'll drop 15-20 lbs.

Per rotoworld:

A source tells the Indy Star that Colts owner Jim Irsay is a "sick, sick man" that "desperately needs help."

According to the Star, Colts insiders have known for years that Irsay was struggling with drugs and have been trying to get him into rehab. He's recently lost 70 pounds. Everything came to a head on Sunday night as Irsay was arrested on preliminary charges of driving under the influence and felony counts of possession of a controlled substance.

Mandatory professional help will almost certainly be part of the hammer brought down by Roger Goodell after this case makes it way through the courts.

Ironic - Colts have long been one of the more intolerant teams when it comes to players busted for drugs or DUIs, etc. An addiction like this is sad - but it's no excuse for driving while on things that impair driving, whether it's drinking or drugs/meds. Lord knows he could at least afford a chauffeur if necessary.

Why the hell can't Jerry Jones be doing this sh!t?! Would be a great opportunity.

Who says he isn't? Though I suspect he's more of a Jim Beam or Jack Daniels kinda guy.

No one, I just want him to do it so badly that he gets arrested, needs to get help and leave the Cowboys alone in the process (for his son to screw up...dammit!!!)

I was so hoping for some funny tweets from Irsay or others after this, instead we get the canned "we support our owner" statement from the team and him saying he appreciates everybody's support (not even an "I'm sorry for being a dumbass").

The signs of somebody with a problem, hope he gets help. Thought I read somewhere else that he admitted to going into rehab before.

Irsay has checked into rehab, per rotoworld.

Colts owner Jim Irsay voluntarily checked into a "highly-respected health care facility" on Monday.

Irsay was arrested on DUI and drug possession charges around 3 AM Monday morning. "He voluntarily checked into a highly-respected health care facility and is committed to undergoing the treatment and care necessary to help him meet his challenges head-on," part of the Colts' statement read.

Irsay needs help and this is the first step. He'll undoubtedly also face discipline from the NFL.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

• 3 weeks later...