[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Minnesota wins SB LII Bid. The Big Show coming in 2018

tazinib1

Drought conditions in San Diego??? HuH??? The entire state of California is in a drought...San Diego being the least city affected :lol:

Was just an example, wasn't meant to be based off of current events.

• 2 weeks later...

That is some crazy stuff there. Kinda ridiculous that the law allows them to keep such ludicrous public spending under wraps.

The host committee, in a written response to the Star Tribune, said last week that “while the Minnesota Super Bowl Bid Committee
did not agree to all
of the NFL’s Super Bowl bid specifications, the competitive bid remains private.”

Who knows how "ludicrious" the spending truly is if it's under wraps? Besides, who cares what it costs, that game brings millions into the town. Also:

In Minneapolis, Hodges’ spokesperson said that even though she was uncertain on what had been agreed to, “what we know at the city is that whatever the committee agreed to will be covered by private fundraising.”
Edited by flemingd

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think the NFL wants to show up to a party in New Orleans. I think they want to be THE party. If Minnesota gets a Super Bowl, I think the logic behind it is this is your one shot at it for the next 65 years. New Orleans will have a dozen bowls before Minnesota gets another one. I don't think we expect otherwise.

I don't think the NFL wants to show up to a party in New Orleans. I think they want to be THE party. If Minnesota gets a Super Bowl, I think the logic behind it is this is your one shot at it for the next 65 years. New Orleans will have a dozen bowls before Minnesota gets another one. I don't think we expect otherwise.

I hate agreeing with a Viking fan.

Also, why WOULDN'T the NFL reward cities that paid up for a new stadium? It's a business. We're not talking about replacing Fenway, Lambeau, Wrigley, etc (which have all upgraded). People pay to go to places with the most up to date amenities. The Superdome and such are going to get their share, the NFL needs to keep its product fresh and that includes incentives for for fans - such as new facilities in cities lacking them.

I hate agreeing with a Viking fan.

Also, why WOULDN'T the NFL reward cities that paid up for a new stadium? It's a business. We're not talking about replacing Fenway, Lambeau, Wrigley, etc (which have all upgraded). People pay to go to places with the most up to date amenities. The Superdome and such are going to get their share, the NFL needs to keep its product fresh and that includes incentives for for fans - such as new facilities in cities lacking them.

Incentives that are levied upon the taxpayers, fans & non-fans alike. I'm trying to think of another business that has the power to get the taxpayers to pay for their facilities by threatening to pull their team and then charge you an arm & leg to use those facilities? I'm wondering how long it will be before a city pays for one of these stadiums and still gets screwed out of their team.