[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eli Manning

Shorttynaz

So I'm watching SportsCenter - one guy throws the ball to another guy.

"Jay, how many yards would you say that was?" Other guy says "I'd say that was about 10 yards" and throws it back.

"I now have as many completions as does Jay, AND more yards passing than Eli Manning has in his last 2 preseason games".

Lol!!

Edited by Shorttynaz

I think Eli goes back to being the weak number 1, excellent number 2 he has been most of his career. he has a fine schedule.

On another note, his WR's should both be solid fantasy contributers. good QB's get the ball to their WR's. Eli is 1 of those guys. his line will have to give him more than 2 seconds to throw the ball though or the INT's from last year will show back up.

I got Eli as a backup to Brady based off of matchups. Taking the easier matchup between the 2 each week for the first 8 weeks, you get:

Lions

Vikings

Raiders

Redskins

Falcons

Eagles

Cowboys

Bears

Colts

My plan is to start Brady unless Eli has a substantially better matchup, and I think he'll work fine as the bottom half of a 2 QB tandem. Then week 10, Brady has a bye and Eli plays the Seahawks, so I'm planning on dropping Eli for an Alex Smith or Josh McCown, then using the same strategy for the rest of the year.

Edited by ilikepieman123

After the last two years why would anyone think Eli is going to step up?

2 years ago he threw for almost 4000 yards and had 26 TD's. last year his line let him get killed. plus there was no running game to take any pressure off of him (which I also blame on the line) .his game has not changed a lick. the fact that he made it the 16 games last year the way they were on him and has 9 strtaight years of not missing a game is no joke. he knows how to stay healthy and has never (imo ) been behind a top offensive line

It also was his 1st losing year since his rookie season. and they still finished 7-9 despite all the things that went wrong with the Giants last year. and 7-3 in his last 10 games.

When you are a QB that stretches the field like Eli you need time. time I think he will get more of this year as I expect the Giants to build off what they did at the end of the year.

• Like 2

do you think his regressions really affect Cruz and the other WRS? Do you move them all back a round? I am atm.

Mannings number 1 WR averages 1078 yards a year and 8 TD's a year. and with their schedule this year I would expect more than that from Cruz.

Agreed. He just looks lost. I was avoiding Cruz at all costs and was only picking Randle if the price was right...sure enough ended up with Randle.

I have been going after Randle in every draft. my only worry is Eli spreads it around and alot of times the 3rd WR will get numbers similar to the number 2 WR.

I have been going after Randle in every draft. my only worry is Eli spreads it around and alot of times the 3rd WR will get numbers similar to the number 2 WR.

And that's why Beckham is a value right now. The hammy has everyone scared off, rightly so. However, watch him be a very solid contributor over the 2nd half of the season, especially for where he's being drafted now.