[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Comish doesn't like this TRADE

Croe

Team owners are roommates,

team 1 is 5-4 and battling for bottom seeds

team 2 is 2-7 is done

team 1 gives Jordy Nelson, Jordan Reed, Patterson

Team 2 gives Dez Bryant, Jimmy Graham

Comish made a board post whining about this trade to which I replied that even though I think team 1 gets a little better deal, that I don't think it was lopsided.

Nelson - 8 game avg - 22.75 points/game

Reed - 4 game average - 10.25 points/game (only played last 4 games - didn't finish week 1) he drops down to 8.4 if you count week 1 as a full week

Patterson - 9 game average - 10.89 points/game

Dez - 9 game average - 17.33 points/game (he still has his bye week, Nelson doesn't)

Graham - 8 game average - 15.5 points/game

Nelson and Reed combine for 33 points per game or 31.15 if you could week 1; and Dez and Graham combine for 32.83 points per game....

Am I missing something here?

I think something that may be pertinent to the conversation is where the commish stands in the runnings. I can't see any reason for the commish find anything wrong with this trade unless it affects him negatively in the playoff race. Is it a keeper league?

Edited by Scorcher

I really don't see a problem but you could argue Graham has been injured and now that he is healthy his ppg will go up. I don't play redraft leagues but I thing trading in them should be closed early on because there may be a tendency for teams not in the running to make bad trades. I am not saying this is one though.

They aren't mathematically eliminated, but very unlikely. The teams on the bubble right now are 5-4, team 2 is 2-7...4 weeks left...a 6-7 team is very possible to make the playoffs in the division as 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are all 5-4

I think something that may be pertinent to the conversation is where the commish stands in the runnings. I can't see any reason for the commish find anything wrong with this trade unless it affects him negatively in the playoff race. Is it a keeper league?

A good commish should make decisions like this (a trade is unfair and it won't be allowed) based on the overall good of the league and never consider how it affects their team. I know people cannot be robots, but if a commish cannot put his own team's needs aside and see what is best/fair for the league they shouldn't be a commish.

You make a good point, but if I were the OP and thought the commish was doing this to protect himself I'd be starting a mutiny.

• Like 1

it ain't over til its over then

I have a rule in place that restricts owners from trading if they are mathematically out...so I agree with what you said but if 2-7 still has a shot then yeah the commish is a clown...put the trade through...I don't even see what the issue is...

All those grits quotes make him sound like he has never played in a local league where you actually personally know the other owners..whose going to flat out admit between the two teams that they made colluded on the deal? That's just stupid to say you need absolute proof...the proof is there in the players being trade. Just make an educated decision

However in this situation the trade is fine. I would take graham and dez any day but jordy is the better reciever. Reed isn't a terrible TE, and in a pinch Patterson is a decent flex. Also dez is dealing with romos injury has a bye and graham has been injured already this year. It's a fair deal

• Like 1

I have a rule in place that restricts owners from trading if they are mathematically out...so I agree with what you said but if 2-7 still has a shot then yeah the commish is a clown...put the trade through...I don't even see what the issue is...

We don't have a "no trading when you're out rule" but a deadline which is always Tuesday after week 10. With a 13 week regular season there may be a team or two mathematically eliminated by then but they can still trade.

Thanks guys...trade went through and the comish was complaining after the fact. I don't know what the big deal was...the guy who received Graham even said if more than a few had a problem with the trade he would propose the opposite trade. Think it is on the up and up