[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AP to return?

tazinib1

AP goes through due process pleads no contest and faces his sentencing, ball in NFL's court, NFL avoids..lame

all in the name of the shield. Not that I thought AP would even play again this year its still lame that peeps in MN can't move on from it without the resolve, if the intent is to not reinstate then do it there is no backlash from what everyone thought in the first place. ridiculous.

AP goes through due process pleads no contest and faces his sentencing, ball in NFL's court, NFL avoids..lame

all in the name of the shield. Not that I thought AP would even play again this year its still lame that peeps in MN can't move on from it without the resolve, if the intent is to not reinstate then do it there is no backlash from what everyone thought in the first place. ridiculous.

There should be backlash either way. At least I hope there is. Cause if every lynch mob out there is now dictating what they deem just to everyone else and getting away with it, its time to find a desolate island to live on.

• Like 2

thats ridiculous, you treat a misdemeanor as a misdemeanor bottom line.. Ray Rice no one wants him back...

AP is different hes pleaded.. how is he not able to play? hes never been in trouble ever before in nfl?? These other guys are re-offenders that get multi game suspensions...

youre confused.

:lol:

Sorry, troll. I don't play these kinda games. :tup:

so when does he get re-instated? he commited a simple misdemeanor.. union is fighting for him so now what??

NFL gonna make big deal out of this now??

they sure didnt when donte stallworth killed a guy

so when does he get re-instated? he commited a simple misdemeanor.. union is fighting for him so now what??

When it comes down to it, the NFLs concern is their image.

If the public thinks it's a big deal, the NFL thinks its a big deal. If they don't, the NFL will let it slide.

I'm not a media guy, but my perception is that the public gets very irate about child abuse, spousal abuse, and rape. Look at the recent NFL commercials with players speaking out against abuse, they never did that for murder did they? They're cleaning up their image because the public has demanded it. I don't approve of what Rice or AP did, but AP will likely be the unfortunate poster child for the NFL in this situation.

My opinion of course.

• Like 3

faceplant said it perfectly. The ONLY thing the NFL cares about is its image.

Actually they only care about $$$ and profit, pretty much like any other business. Of other businesses think their image will be tarnished they take action. If every employer was dragged through this mess by the media when an employee commit a minor criminal offense, they'd be taking action too. The reality is the NFL is a business, if something can hurt their bottom line they act, or at least say they will and offer some lip service (the PSAs). Otherwise they mostly ignore it, or sweep it under the rug and hope it doesn't come back and bite them. Ray Rice and AP were not the first two to get in trouble for some type of spousal/child abuse, they're just the most recent two in the modern social media era, and with smoking gun evidence of their actions.

I'm still kind of surprised the Vikings are so willing to let him play, the negative publicity will be more than any benefit he can provide to a struggling team.

I'm still kind of surprised the Vikings are so willing to let him play, the negative publicity will be more than any benefit he can provide to a struggling team.

I think they are behind the scenes testing the waters. In this case I think it's a question as to whether or not enough time has gone by, and the right penance has been made for the public to accept his re-instatement. Just my opinion but I think he will be back this year. They may be struggling, but AP sells tickets both at home and on the road. Another consideration is that they are paying him this whole time,. You are right when you say $$$ are a factor.

Edited by Scorcher

Problem is, domestic abuse (which one could correlate down to beating the crap out of your kid) is now the big NFL hot button so they won't be treating this as your run of the mill misdemeanor.

I thought that APs case was being reviewed under the personal conduct policy, not the domestic violence policy. He plead to assault, not child abuse.

I thought that APs case was being reviewed under the personal conduct policy, not the domestic violence policy. He plead to assault, not child abuse.

I know there is a difference in the courts between assault and child abuse, but in the eyes of the public there isn't much difference and that is why this is dragging out so much.

I know there is a difference in the courts between assault and child abuse, but in the eyes of the public there isn't much difference and that is why this is dragging out so much.

But doesnt the NFL have two different policies?

Not sure, you could be right. I'm just saying that the NFL tries to make decisions based on public opinion (or so it seems), not what's right or wrong.

Agree. Goodell is like a degenerate gambler at the card table always chasing it but never catching it.

If the league would just act quickly and in accordance with its written policy, they'd save a lot of face.

You should probably be 100% informed about something if you're going to use it in an argument.

In this case, Stallworth was found to be over the legal limit BUT the dude was crossing the street illegally. ANYONE could have tagged the moran, it just so happened it was an NFL player who had a few too many to drink. Eyewitnesses testified the dude just ran out into the middle of the street and Stallworth had no other course of action.

So, nice try. Try again. :tup:

Edit to add: And I'm not sure why this is so difficult to understand. The NFL is under the friggin' microscope right now. Who CARES if it was "only a misdemeanor". Who CARES if it falls under the personal conduct policy versus the domestic violence policy.

The NFL is its own entity. It has its own judge, jury and executioner.

I've said it before and will reiterate... I could be totally 100% off on this and will admit if I'm wrong, but I think the NFL and the Vikings will make an example out of both Rice and AP.

Of COURSE the NFLPA is coming to his aid. That's what they do. Doesn't mean they're right.... or will win.

Edited by darin3
  • Like 2

I'm wondering if this is just show from the NFL. If they ruffle their feathers & make the NFLPA out to be the bad guy in getting Peterson reinstated then they can still have their cake and at least get a bite too. I believe he will be reinstated and sees the field by week 13 and I just banked a 5th round pick next season on it.

I'm also wondering if the Vikings are not going to let the NFL be the fall guy, and keep him suspended (rest of season or beyond the near future) so they can hold off making a decision as to whether to let him play. They can follow the public response and decide whether it is worth it to have him play. (I'm not buying that they need him to sell tickets, like most teams the Vikings probably have 75% or more of the tickets to every game sold by now, and that remaining portion isn't a huge revenue gain. And the Vikings probably care even less about tickets sold for their road games.)

I saw a statement from the Vikings management yesterday that they say "As an organization, we respect and understand the league’s process."

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/11/10/minnesota-vikings-adrian-peterson-status-statement

Seems strange to say they understand the process, when many feel there is no process just a random decision being made by Heir Goodell. (That isn't a jab at you rajn, honest.)

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 PM

snapback.pngInTomWeTrust, on 12 November 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

You should probably be 100% informed about something if you're going to use it in an argument.

"In this case, Stallworth was found to be over the legal limit BUT the dude was crossing the street illegally. ANYONE could have tagged the moran, it just so happened it was an NFL player who had a few too many to drink. Eyewitnesses testified the dude just ran out into the middle of the street and Stallworth had no other course of action."

So, nice try. Try again. :tup:

Edit to add: And I'm not sure why this is so difficult to understand. The NFL is under the friggin' microscope right now. Who CARES if it was "only a misdemeanor". Who CARES if it falls under the personal conduct policy versus the domestic violence policy.

The NFL is its own entity. It has its own judge, jury and executioner.

I've said it before and will reiterate... I could be totally 100% off on this and will admit if I'm wrong, but I think the NFL and the Vikings will make an example out of both Rice and AP.

Of COURSE the NFLPA is coming to his aid. That's what they do. Doesn't mean they're right.... or will win.

Edited by darin3, Yesterday, 06:50 PM.

Are you a complete moron?

"In this case, Stallworth was found to be over the legal limit BUT the dude was crossing the street illegally. ANYONE could have tagged the moran, it just so happened it was an NFL player who had a few too many to drink. Eyewitnesses testified the dude just ran out into the middle of the street and Stallworth had no other course of action."

I don't care if he got dropped off in a space ship.. are you nuts? He KILLED SOMEONE... Do you know how many organizations there are for mothers against drunk drivers ETC???

The guy is dead.. just stop the comparison it totally ridiculous

Had a couple drinks?? He was drunk..

You have NO clue how many people pay the Serious price of just recieving a DUI let ALONE killing someone?? STOP IT.

The guy was never in trouble and chose to disipline HIS child IN THAT way, depsite what PEOPLE THINK or FEEL about it..

So PLEASE cause if we got into IMAGE and what people THINK or FEEL with stallworth.. everyone thought he should be in JAIL let alone suspended or any of that...

You're a moron.

Edited by InTomWeTrust