[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts RBs

nelsosi

With their missing out on Tate and probable pass on Blount, does this mean they're gonna hand the keys over to TRich? I don't think Herron (3rd on the depth chart) even got a carry this past Sunday after Bradshaw went out, and has only 20 or so total carries all year.

Usage certainly brings value, regardless of player (just tempered value)...but in PPR format especially, this has to really improve ol' TRich's standings? It's almost similar to being a Broncos RB, the offensive scheme brings its own value to the player

With their missing out on Tate and probable pass on Blount, does this mean they're gonna hand the keys over to TRich? I don't think Herron (3rd on the depth chart) even got a carry this past Sunday after Bradshaw went out, and has only 20 or so total carries all year.

Usage certainly brings value, regardless of player (just tempered value)...but in PPR format especially, this has to really improve ol' TRich's standings? It's almost similar to being a Broncos RB, the offensive scheme brings its own value to the player

Trich will be the main man. How much success he is able to squeeze out of the opportunity is the question. However, he is in a fantastic position to have success with luck chucking the pigskin, the chance to run a lot to close out games, he's a solid pass catcher on a pass heavy team and when given the touches has looked good at times this season. I think he will be a factor in some teams winning their leagues.

I hate to be cliche but this really is T-Rich's last stand. Last chance. Best chance. Whatever cliche you want to use.

This is it. If he can't put up numbers with Bradshaw gone then he really is a major bust. I've been able to use him as a spot RB2/flex but man if he can't put up low-end RB1 numbers now, he's garbage.

• Like 2

I hate to be cliche but this really is T-Rich's last stand. Last chance. Best chance. Whatever cliche you want to use.

This is it. If he can't put up numbers with Bradshaw gone then he really is a major bust. I've been able to use him as a spot RB2/flex but man if he can't put up low-end RB1 numbers now, he's garbage.

He is what his #'s say he is...and that's not RB1. No way he ascends to Charles, Murray, Bell, Foster, Forte levels. No way no how, ever. His YPC history is simply too low. There are now enough stats to bear that out. Taking Bradshaw out of the equation will only further expose his mediocrity. Sorry.

Yes, FJax is personal to my own situation, but he has has many counterparts at the RB position this year (Forsett, Bradshaw prior to injury, McKinnon to an extent, Vereen) in terms of usage largely determined by play call...

With Bradshaw out of the way, will the Colts give him a majority of Bradshaw's role? FJax no longer has CJ to deal with, but will he get a larger slice of the runs than Bryce Brown? Neither TRich nor FJax lit up the field on their runs, but each should have an increased role on both the run and catch front.

The past season and a half tells me I shouldn't be looking at this with any shred of optimism, but I really can't help but think adding at least half of Bradshaw's role to TRich will make him the better producer in PPR format than a FJax/McKinnon/Vereen; especially with a pretty favorable end of year schedule. He certainly won't be RB1/top 5 or even 10, but top 15 doesn't seem out of the question.

I hope someone gets him off waivers tomorrow so I don't have to think about this anymore

This.

Some...there's no way TRich assumes all of Bradshaw's role; he'll need relief periodically throughout a game. Then there's the inherent value of TRich remaining TRich and thus forcing the Colts to let someone else try.

But I really think the Colts simply move to an even more pass happy offense with a decent amount of dump offs to TRich, 15 runs where he gets 75 yards max, and Herron provides him a breather. TRich will do well in PPR and average in Standard scoring. It'll fumbling or a surprise Jonas Gray performance for Herron to become a real fantasy factor

I think this means that the Colts will have Luck throw a ton now. They will use much more 3 and 4 WR sets going forward. Hopefully this means more time for Moncrief.

We are about to find out. Richardson will be used sparingly - unless they have a huge lead - once the game gets out of the first quarter.

Another reason why I see them passing even more. TRich will play, but he will be doing a lot of blitz blocking.

He is what his #'s say he is...and that's not RB1. No way he ascends to Charles, Murray, Bell, Foster, Forte levels. No way no how, ever. His YPC history is simply too low. There are now enough stats to bear that out. Taking Bradshaw out of the equation will only further expose his mediocrity. Sorry.

:blink: Sorry, read again. LOW END RB1 NUMBERS is not the same thing as "Charles, Murray, Bell, Foster, Forte" levels. A "low end RB1" would be in the 10-18 range. You know, cuz not everyone plays in 8-team leagues. :crazy:

Come on, man.

Basically a split committee for Indy right now. Both have 20 yards and Herron has a slightly better average.