[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears release Ray McDonald

Wolverines Fan

Nah...just thinking he fits the Hardy mold.

eh..all I know about this dude is from skimming the roto link above. Sounds like he got a 2nd chance (like Dallas gave Hardy) n trucked up again. If that's what Hardy does I hope he's cut too. Although if anyone read all the stories on Hardy..I'm not sure he's guilty. But that's a road I'm probably not gonna go down again around here :)

eh..all I know about this dude is from skimming the roto link above. Sounds like he got a 2nd chance (like Dallas gave Hardy) n trucked up again. If that's what Hardy does I hope he's cut too. Although if anyone read all the stories on Hardy..I'm not sure he's guilty. But that's a road I'm probably not gonna go down again around here :)

Might of helped others be informed if you provided some links rather then just posting I read this and that somewhere and listened to the 911 call. :shrug:

Surprised by the punish Bears cries over this. Suppose next we'll be hearing about steps being taken against the Patriots for employing a murderer?

Another article I read has his attorney claiming they were never given the restraining order, though McDonald was told to stay away from her. The PFT article clears something up from that other article, it said he was going there to meet an investigator hired by the attorney to gather some info that could help clear him. They called and found out his ex-fiance was not there, but in Santa Cruz. So it seemed odd that he'd be in violation of the restraining order, which I thought usually applies to a person and staying so many feet away. But I see he was ordered to stay away from her residence.

If the guy is violating that kind of order, he needs to be locked up and not released, or else this could end up as a murder case.

The NFL has set a precedent regarding child endangerment cases. We won't be seeing this dude on the field again. He's either the most falsely accused "they are all out to get me" player I have ever seen, or he's got himself one slick lawyer. Either way, good riddance

Another article I read has his attorney claiming they were never given the restraining order, though McDonald was told to stay away from her. The PFT article clears something up from that other article, it said he was going there to meet an investigator hired by the attorney to gather some info that could help clear him. They called and found out his ex-fiance was not there, but in Santa Cruz. So it seemed odd that he'd be in violation of the restraining order, which I thought usually applies to a person and staying so many feet away. But I see he was ordered to stay away from her residence.

If the guy is violating that kind of order, he needs to be locked up and not released, or else this could end up as a murder case.

Typically he would have been advised of any conditions on his bond (like who, where and what to stay away from) before he was released. He would have also had to sign paperwork saying that he understood and accepted those terms.

if anyone cared its 3 seconds on google. Most choose to catch 3 second blurbs on ESPN n take it as gospel. Which is fine

Most of my 3 seconds on google come up with 2 testified against, 1 defended, Hardy provided testimony, and a judge found him guilty. :shrug:

Most of my 3 seconds on google come up with 2 testified against, 1 defended, Hardy provided testimony, and a judge found him guilty. :shrug:

Then there was supposed to be a jury trial (forget the detail, the trial by judge was thrown own or something) but charges were dismissed because the accusser (his ex-GF) didn't cooperate. (Speculation was that he made a settlement with her to keep quiet.) This link provides more info

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/09/case-dismissed-against-greg-hardy/

And his guilt/innocence was debated at length in another thread from what I recall, that may be what HowboutthemCowboys is referring to "I'm not going down that road again".

I agree its helpful if people read or hear some info to provide a source, a link if possible or "heard it on channel/program" so that people can read the same info they used to form their opinion. In the Hardy case some look at as "he was found guilty by the judge, so he is guilty" others think "charges were dropped, so he's innocent". The reality is somewhere in the middle, and more likely that he was guilty and made the problem go away with $$$.