[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joseph Randle!

Cowboyz1

Adjustments like not give Julio free room to release on every single play? Those type of adjustments?

Yeah like those. MO did a solid job in the first half against him but they went to zone in the second half to try and stop the run I suppose with an extra safety but when that didn't work, I would have gone back to Bump and run man and damn the free release crap. They should have forced him to push off that hammy too hold him up some and make him get off the field. Just didn't have the players on the field to stop them. That should begin to change in a week from now. It had better or Brady is going to hang a 60 burger on us.

Yeah like those. MO did a solid job in the first half against him but they went to zone in the second half to try and stop the run I suppose with an extra safety but when that didn't work, I would have gone back to Bump and run man and damn the free release crap. They should have forced him to push off that hammy too hold him up some and make him get off the field. Just didn't have the players on the field to stop them. That should begin to change in a week from now. It had better or Brady is going to hang a 60 burger on us.

He probably will anyway no one is stopping that train right now... Can you say man on a mission

Do you guys still think it's worth hanging on DMC now that Randle is pretty much the "lead" back?
Cowboyz1 I know your predictions before the season started were that McFadden would eventually have the #1 job and you didn't really seem to like Randle all that much (as much for his on the field play as his off field issues), but has any of that changed now?

Do you guys still think it's worth hanging on DMC now that Randle is pretty much the "lead" back?

Cowboyz1 I know your predictions before the season started were that McFadden would eventually have the #1 job and you didn't really seem to like Randle all that much (as much for his on the field play as his off field issues), but has any of that changed now?

Nope, in fact I am sure of it happening now. All the talk around here is how he misses holes and lacks the patients to press the outside and runs to darkness unless the play is wide open. He's not very good at all in short yardage and tends to dance and run too high. The biggest issue was his demeanor after getting clocked in the 3rd quarter a stopped a few times. His attitude tanked and like a whinny child began to pout instead of breathing some fire into his runs. The talk radio suspect DMC will get his shot to start and have the lion share of carries if not in N.O. very soon. Randle is going to end up the relief guy which is what he is. The guy you bring in to show off for a few carries and sit back down. He's a liability in pass protection which is a sure way of getting sat down and a reason the didn't let Weeden drop back deep and wait on things.

Randle ran great when there were holes as big as canyons and he did make his own play on the touchdown run but he is far from the kind of dependable runner you need to help a backup QB. It was clear in the second half with things weren't going so well that DMC was the one that came in and got tough yards and blocked well in pass protection.

my 2 cents

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

Now it's DMC turn. OH yeah. Run baby run. Weeden not to bad. Not to bad at all..........

Relax - there are too more full quarters to play.

Now that's just two funny!

2 quarters? (Saying that as you are not known for making grammatical errors.)

C'mon BJ, we just had a run on the "too"s - "not to bad", "too quarters", and my "two funny"

AT least I enjoyed it!

I would cut Michael (I'll be doing that the moment I need the roster spot), but I'd hang onto McFadden. I still don't think Randall is that good and we've never seen him last the entire year working a full load. It's worth keeping McFadden just in case.

The safest RB in that backfield right now (at least until Romo returns) is Dunbar.

I almost started him last week, he was listed as a Great Start on last weeks SBL, but I'm not sure what kind of scoring system is being considered for that ranking. Since PPR is so common I have a feeling that plays a role, and since we don't use PPR I stuck swith Lat Murray and Abdullah. But he might get the nod this week as I'll probably bench Abdullah against the tough SEA defense.

I did like the running game I saw from the Cowboys in that game against the Falcons. They were opening huge holes and both Randle and DMC were getting big gains. I did notice that a lot Dunbar's yards came on 3 and 20+ plays where the D was willing to give up 10-15 yards underneath their coverage.

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said RB Christine Michael is "in the mix" to be active against New Orleans.

Michael reportedly saw more reps than usual in practice on Wednesday. It is an odd time to bump up Michael's usage considering how well Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden and Lance Dunbar played last week, but the Cowboys likely want to get something out of their investment. Michael still likely needs an injury to someone ahead of him to have any fantasy value.