[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ranking the Week 12 RB hot pickups

darin3

Thomas Rawls, Buck Allen, Spencer Ware, Tevin Coleman...

Rawls is probably the best out of this group, but maybe not? Man, what a pickle.

Maybe it's Buck Allen that has the most value rest of schedule, especially in PPR formats. But Rawls looked great when Lynch was out. Looks like Lynch is not playing Week 12, but do you gamble on taking Rawls, only to have Lynch back in Weeks 13 and on? When you could have had Allen for rest of season?

And then guys like Ware and Coleman, who look like longer shots in terms of both Week 12 value and value rest of schedule.

I know each of these guys are being discussed in plenty of threads in both the main and "advice" forum. This doesn't necessarily represent a "who should I pick up" thread since it's really related to Week 12, rest of season, varied scoring systems, dynasty vs. redraft, etc.

For example:

Redraft #1: My RBs have been terrible all season (although ran into some bad luck with Bell... and had dropped D-Will after Bell came back). Currently after all 4 of those backs, hoping to get Rawls, but would be OK with Allen since it's PPR. Ware and Coleman represent fallback options, but there's a chance I miss out on all four! I'm 5-6 after a 4-game win streak, trying to make the playoffs, so getting one of Rawls or Allen could be huge.

Redraft #2: I'm generally OK at RB (Ivory and Martin as starters, D-Will and Gio backups), and sitting pretty at 9-2, but will burn my #3 waiver priority to try and nab Rawls. Despite it being non-PPR, I'll put in a backup claim to get Allen.

Redraft #3: Started the season hot, but have cooled off and could be without Freeman this week. Rawls and Coleman are rostered, so put in a claim for Allen. Won't get him given my waiver priority, though.

Dynasties: I'm undecided here.... one of my teams is RB-rich and in all cases, guys like Allen, Coleman and Rawls are long gone. Ware's available, but he's the least likely to get work Week 12 and would have little value in 2016 and beyond.

So what has been your strategy for adding RBs this week? Does it change based on PPR or type of league?

Edited by darin3

I have Rawls in 2 leagues (drafted 8th round in DWIII). Ware is available in 1 but those RB whores will overbid so I'll stay away. Allen was handcuffed everywhere along with Coleman.

Just my opinion but Rawles is BY FAR the best of the lot with or without Beast Mode.

The RB situation in my local is so incredibly bad, not because of injuries, but because of extremely poor drafting. I have not been able to fix it, and will be over bidding this week. I say Allen is #1, because I'll take 5-10 points as a minimum at this point, my floor is very low right now.

Ware would be next - he's going to get touches from this point forward.

Thomas Rawls, Buck Allen, Spencer Ware, Tevin Coleman...

So what has been your strategy for adding RBs this week? Does it change based on PPR or type of league?

I would rank them the way you have them listed above. I have Rawls in all leagues, have for weeks (just sit out the season Marshawn) :unsure:

I went all in on Allen in my 2 homers, No way I get him in 1, slight chance in the other.

I have bid in on Ware in both as a backup plan..he may play 1 wk?

I own Coleman in 1, hes owned in the other. I was surprised how easy he went down this wk. :(

edit: all ppr

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

What about James White?

Even if he is Dion Lewis-lite, won't that be consistently better than the rest except for maybe Rawls?

In my PPR redraft, I already have White. Don't like him in non-PPR formats.

Just my luck I'll probably miss out on all of these guys :lol:

Being in a keeper league I have the dynasty perspective and would say that is pretty accurate. Allen is available in our league and was actually on my roster for a couple of weeks. But would he be in a position to take over the BAL running game next year?

I forgot the scenario last year with Oakland, I had added Latavius Murray, think he was replacing DMC who was hurt again, then started to take over. But I don't recall if it was too certain he'd be the guy this year.

Rawls and Allen are the top pick-ups IMO. Allen is likely to get more the rest of the way assuming Lynch doesn't go out which is possible. I'd probably lean towards Rawls even if he proves to be a shorter term play than Allen. Mainly b/c the Ravens are going backwards. Though he's at least getting volume the rest of the way.

Ware, mehhh. I'm passing unless I need a guy to start this week and even then its iffy. Was K. Davis even active last week? He could end up playing IF West is out.

Coleman is maybe of interest. At worst I'm assuming Freeman is out 1 week if at all. Otherwise he's a stash guy and waiting on an injury. been there done that with him already this year. Don't have the stomach for him again.

More interesting than those 2 to me are Draughn based on volume like Allen and James White. SF is horrible but he's the only healthy guy and if I'm Hyde, I'm in no hurry to get back this year.

White is more NE RB roulette. Ehhh, in PPR maybe a pick-up.

That said I'd have to drop K. Williams in one league and Ellington in another. I'm putting in a bid on Rawls as a short-term starter and then Allen since we can start 4 (double flex), dropping 2nd D in NYJ/ keeping ARZ.

The other league I think I'm deep enough (Ivory, McCoy/ Williams, DeWilliams and Lacy) so I'm not bidding on any. Plus I'm 7th in waivers so I won't get Rawls or Allen.

I'd rank them

Priority

Rawls

Allen

Draughn

Should be picked up

White- higher in PPR and if you can tolerate the risk

Ellington- needs to owned IMO

Bradshaw- not sure where he should be, probably a bit lower but he's always been $ for me

Depth

C. Artis- Payne- yeah, still waiting on the inevitable JStew injury

Turbin- yeah, still waiting on the inevitable McFadden injury

Coleman- Probably should be pushed ahead of Turbin, CAP and White. I'll let someone else screw the Freeman owner

Ware

Edited by Zooty

I'd go for Rawls. Yeah, Allen is the guaranteed starter ROS and has a very favorable schedule, but he's also on a losing team that lost both their starting QB and #1WR. Therefore, I expect them to be playing from behind often against teams who are willing to stack the box and force the Ravens back-up QB and WRs to beat them through the air.

...and I don't think it's worth the risk of letting Rawls fall into the hands of one of your competitors; if he starts he's a high end RB1 IMO. If he starts, I see a lot of teams winning championships because of him this year.

1. Rawls

2. Allen

3. Draughn

4. Bradshaw

3. Ware

4. Coleman

JMHO

Edited by Macksimus

I'm glad people are discussing Draughn. I started him this past week and was pleasantly surprised because of the sheer volume he was involved in the offense (12 carries and 5 catches). Actually, another RB didn't even get a carry and SF already cut Pierre Thomas. Their season is over and I can see them just riding Draughn.

I actually dropped Draughn... for Rawls. Non-PPR so I think Draughn's upside is severely limited in that case... whereas Rawls' is not.

Got Ware in the league I also own West, so at least I'm covered there.

Such a crazy year for injuries, and a huge mess at RB right as we're gearing up for the playoffs. :bash:

Good topic! I lost out on Allen in waivers but landed Ware. For some reason, I can't find any Charknado updates other than the "day to day" quote from Sunday. Anybody have something more recent?

I'm hoping to get a week or 2 out of Ware. :brow:

Strained hammy's aren't anything to mess with. Just ask DeSean Jackson. I'd be shocked if West played this week.

1. Rawls

2. Allen

3. Ware

4. Coleman

Agree with this, for the most part.

Rawls is clearly the top choice here... Heard on local radio today that Lynch may be out until the playoffs (if SEA even makes the playoffs). Allen next, simply because he's got the job by default, now that Forsett is done. Then Coleman, simply because of how well Freeman has done. Atlanta has a pretty decent offense, so having Freeman's "handcuff" makes sense, especially if you have Freeman (but even if you don't, Coleman is worth a flier in deep leagues). Ware if a flier as well, but you never know. If I don't have Freeman, I'd MAYBE put him ahead of Coleman, just because he looked good last week (while Coleman hasn't looked stellar).

Add Bradshaw in the mix (probably after Allen, but before Coleman). Gore hasn't been great, and Bradshaw looked better in Week 11 than Gore has looked in ANY week, basically. And Draughn is somewhere in there also. I've heard rumblings that Hyde may be out longer than originally expected.

Of course, this depends a lot on format. I'm speaking mainly in terms of redraft leagues. Dynasty changes things somewhat, as does PPR vs. non. But, regardless, I would put Rawls ahead of the rest, and it's not even close.

For the first 8 weeks or so I was scouring the wire and trying to pluck potential stars. But with my current roster, I can't see dropping anyone for one of the above.

Draughn maybe but with Jackson and LaFell on my bench, would it be worth it? It was more fun when I had a bunch of WR2 and RB2's and I had to build off the wire.

Now I just hope someone drops a broken stud like Lynch so I can snag him for the playoffs. Got no room on the bench.

On that note, what # typically designates a "deep" league? At 16 I wish I had a few more spots.

Edited by 1fastdoc