[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else play in a league where trades rarely happen?

tebby

People are reluctant to trade probably partly due to the endowment effect, we simply value things that we own. But I also think that people don't understand trades. They seem to think that the goal of a trade is to get a HUGE WIN and so if you offer them a reasonable trade that improves both sides it doesn't feel right.

I have actually been luckier to be able to get some trades going this year in a few leagues.

agree, in leagues with deep benches trading mostly likely not happening during the season.

Those with less bench, still have little trade action mainly due to playing the WW or just afraid.

I thinking about pitching to my league to move up to 12 teams and less bench. I'm sure that will increase the WW action, but hopefully more trading.

I agree with consensus about being frustrated. Trading is one of the more exciting parts about FFL. A lot of people are missing out.

More teams means less WW so might help trading. I suspect 14-16 teams see more of it than 12 (or 10 / 8 whatever you have now).

I agree with consensus about being frustrated. Trading is one of the more exciting parts about FFL. A lot of people are missing out.

Yeah at this point I'm offering up two or three lopsided trades every week just to get the ball rolling and still no one bites.

Its like the only trade I could possibly pull off is giving LeVeon and DeMarco Murray for AP and Keenan Allen.

One thing I find helps is actually talking to people about trades, not just text/email or a trade offer through the site. It gets a dialogue going what players are of interest what sort of value is desired/expected. Of course it helps if you actually know the people in the league and its not just a bunch of people in an online league who've never met or even corresponded (different if you're on a forum or something like the BOTH leagues).

• Like 2

One thing I find helps is actually talking to people about trades, not just text/email or a trade offer through the site. It gets a dialogue going what players are of interest what sort of value is desired/expected. Of course it helps if you actually know the people in the league and its not just a bunch of people in an online league who've never met or even corresponded (different if you're on a forum or something like the BOTH leagues).

This is very true. The trades I have pulled off, have been through conversation. People like to feel they have a say in a trade besides just accepting or rejecting.

So, as far as your question goes, absolutely!

I always try to figure in what I think someone might be looking for.

This guy has Eli and no one else for QB. I try to make a trade for Carson Palmer for Amari Cooper.

He rejects the trade and sends a counter for Lamar Miller for Cooper. I reject the trade saying, to me it looks like you need a QB that why I made the offer I did.

He puts Eli on the bench this week and picked up Trevor Siemian who he started Thursday night.

Please let Palmer absolutely go off this weekend!

I mean am I wrong?

Is that a bad offer?

Who would you start this week Siemian or Palmer?

Hindsight is 20\20 I know.

So, as far as your question goes, absolutely!

I always try to figure in what I think someone might be looking for.

This guy has Eli and no one else for QB. I try to make a trade for Carson Palmer for Amari Cooper.

He rejects the trade and sends a counter for Lamar Miller for Cooper. I reject the trade saying, to me it looks like you need a QB that why I made the offer I did.

He puts Eli on the bench this week and picked up Trevor Siemian who he started Thursday night.

Please let Palmer absolutely go off this weekend!

I mean am I wrong?

Is that a bad offer?

Who would you start this week Siemian or Palmer?

Hindsight is 20\20 I know.

I'd rather have Cooper and stream QBs. Palmer hasn't exactly beat out Manning at this point either ya know.

• Like 3

I'd rather have Cooper and stream QBs. Palmer hasn't exactly beat out Manning at this point either ya know.

Yeah exactly. Don't know this league inside out that but if its like mine then non-elite QBs have almost no value because theres always somebody on waivers you can stream. So why would you give up a tier 2 WR like Amari.

Actually just did a trade in my league with the Commish. I gave him Gronk and Riddick for Forte and Pitta. He is now crying because he "didnt know" Riddick is hurt. Wants to reverse the trade now.

Figures I finally get a trade and theres some BS behind it

Edited by Mile High Magic

I think I tend to overvalue my players, but with that being said I'll always listen to a fair trade. Most trade offers I get and reject are ones where they're trying to dump multiple mediocre players for a stud. A trade should obviously benefit both parties. I don't care about mediocre depth at a position. Heck, I had a guy in one league that tried to trade me two players WHILE a trade for those same two players was being voted on by the league. Some owners are trade addicted with no huge benefit...

Actually just did a trade in my league with the Commish. I gave him Gronk and Riddick for Forte and Pitta. He is now crying because he "didnt know" Riddick is hurt. Wants to reverse the trade now.

Figures I finally get a trade and theres some BS behind it

Riddick should be back next week...

We RARELY have trades in my long time local. As most other posters have said, everbody tends to way overvalue their own players. When trade offers do occur, everybody low balls the other guy and the trade usually falls apart. However, I have already been involved in a trade giving up AB and getting L.Bell. Then today another trade for one of my defenses looks like it will happen as well. Our league has had only a handfull of trades over its 20 plus years and now I have been involved with two over the past three weeks! WOW!

• Like 1

First trade of the year in my local after the first 5 games. I gave OBJ and Gio Bernard and got Demarius Thomas and Tevin coleman. I'm 1-4 with:

Carr

Beckham

Eddlemon

Crabtree

Ingram

Gordon

Kelce

D. Bailey

Washington DC.

Felt like I had to do something

A lot of teams are attached to the players they drafted, especially the ones they reached for. That makes them overvalue their roster. If they're doing well, they're untouchable. If they're not so hot, they're waiting for the breakout/payoff week around the corner.

Another thing that I notice in leagues is that players that players from waivers that become important are seen as less valuable since they were undrafted (like a Jordan Howard).

• Like 1

My league is reluctant to trade with me because I always win the trade. As soon as I say I like one of their players they become off-limits.

This (well mostly win).

It's hard when you are the few that active try to trade and eventually come out on the better side. Your are demonized that any player you have interest in must be good so they either not trade or ask for some crazy.

A lot of teams are attached to the players they drafted, especially the ones they reached for. That makes them overvalue their roster. If they're doing well, they're untouchable. If they're not so hot, they're waiting for the breakout/payoff week around the corner.

Another thing that I notice in leagues is that players that players from waivers that become important are seen as less valuable since they were undrafted (like a Jordan Howard).

Crazy. Those types of owners will not realize until near end of season that they made a mistake. If you traded for Howard early on, then more so the stigma you receive for making the trade.

One can only hope that you have to take some kind of risk in order to have more fun in FFL, but those of us that like to trade can only keep trying.

theres hardly any trades in my league, maybe 1 or 2 a season. People never even respond to trades either

This is what I really hate. We have 1 guy in our 10 league team who constantly throws out stupid trades. There are a few of us that do decent trades and then the other 6 don't even look at them.

Sometimes I'll text or FB someone to let them know. Often times they'll jump on, say ok and then go back to their real life. And that's how I got David Johnson and Mike Evans for McCoy and Maclin. (In retrospect, not as lopsided as I thought it was).