[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the perfect size league?

Grogansghost

Our league went from a 10 team, serpentine draft, to a 12 team, auction style draft a few years ago. I balked at both concepts initially. As it turned out, I like the 12 team league better. It forces you to do your homework when evaluating talent and value. The "pickins" are obviously going to be slim when it comes to RB's after the draft, so you better have a game plan before you ever enter the draft room. The 12 team concept works well for us during the playoffs too. The top 6 teams, (top 2 receive a bye 1st week) vie for the SuperBowl title and cash. While the bottom 6 teams vie for the ToiletBowl honors. Lowest team buys the beer for next years draft.

been in a to team once. will never do it again. no research and no drafting strategy possible. everyone will have 2 good RBs with a dependable back-up RB on their roster. Everyone will have 2 good Wrs, and everyone will have good QB (and hey, if your starting QB is a bust you have agood backup and there are still ~10 QBs available on the WW).

14 team is the way to go. It is impossible to be stacked at all positions and you have to make tough choices (do I go for that insurance RB, knowing that by the time the draft gets back to me the talent pool will be seriously depleted)

etc...

12 is still fun esp if you are drafting with good owners (shout out to BOTNH :D)

but of course 32 is the way to go. :D

12 teams

10 team league is nothing but all-star teams...

and 14 or 16 team leagues give too much advantage to draft position, although these are a sure challenge.

My choices in order

1-12

2-14

way down the list

3-16

4-10

I started my league with 9 owners in 1996. It was a joke....I won the league so I'll keep my name on our league plaque.

949417[/snapback]

I have played in 8, 10, 12, and 14 team leagues.

I prefer 14 team Auction. 14 Team leagues allow you to play each team 1 time and 1 time only.

That means everyone has the same schedule (no bitching about Team A got to play the two chump teams twice for easy wins). Plus it leaves 3 weeks of playoffs.

Auction makes it fair for each person drafting and you can target the players you like.

Also, finding players on the waiver wire is pretty tough in a 14 team league, and evaluating talent becomes the primary reason for making the playoffs.

Guest THEbigred
12. Breaks down perfectly.

948836[/snapback]

I disagree. With 12 most people go to 3 divisions...which is a mistake because it greatly increases the likelihood of at least one div. winner in a weak division while a team more worthy gets snubbed because they are in a strong one. Also 12 tends to dilute the FA pool a bit too much for my tastes.

10 is the way to go IMO, and anything more than 12 plain sucks...talk about a lame FA pool.....hoo boy, who should I pick up, Dunn or Fauria....no thx

I disagree.  With 12 most people go to 3 divisions...which is a mistake because it greatly increases the likelihood of at least one div. winner in a weak division while a team more worthy gets snubbed because they are in a strong one.  Also 12 tends to dilute the FA pool a bit too much for my tastes.

10 is the way to go IMO, and anything more than 12 plain sucks...talk about a lame FA pool.....hoo boy, who should I pick up, Dunn or Fauria....no thx

950227[/snapback]

Dunn wouldn't be a FA in a 14 person league. :D

About 5'5" Blonde with Blue eyes.

Edited by NSab