[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arrington - Lelie - What Gives

joeyb7

It certainly looks that way, at least with Lelie. It was as if he didn't even play today. So much for his 'break out' season unless, of course, he breaking out into the federal witness protection program. I don't ever think I've ever seen a supposed big time WR so quiet an entire game without injury.

Can't say that I'm really shocked at what either has done today ... Lelie has been always been hit or miss, mostly miss when playing vs. decent DBs (although Plummer did not help him much today) while JJ had a miserable pre-season, plays behind a more than suspect o-line, for a coach that likes the passing game, and in front of a QB that needs RBs who can pass-block ... something rookies rarely do well.

Anyway, Lelie will be ok as long as you can put up with the no-show games in between some big performances ... JJ, I think, will be a decent FF RB2 sometime in the 2nd half of the season.

yes...it was brutal....how long do you give either of them??

983509[/snapback]

More than one week, that's for sure. Next week will tell a lot as both the Cardinals and Broncos will be at home. Cards will take on the Rams and Broncos will entertain the Chargers. Not only will they be at home, they will be matched vs. team that had good pre-season assessments but also lost in the first week.

Two bad weeks in a row would be more darning for Lelie than Arrington as you can see the rookie settling in after a few weeks.

I think Lelie will come around, but I'm not so sure about Arrington. His complete inability to pass protect has got to be a big concern - I wouldn't be surprised to see Shipp continue to get at least half the time in the backfield.

It's difficult to call anyone a bust after one week.

983660[/snapback]

I agree....but when you're team is riding on these players as lower tier starters it's nerve racking...

a lot of the today's top receivers/backs were drafted after I drafted lelie/arrington.. :D

You do realize its Week 1 right? A lof of offenses had trouble getting it going today. Its early to be calling people 'busts' after 1 week. I do love owners like this though, they drop WRs like Lelie after one week and pick up guys like F. Johnson (CLE, who the hell is he?) and then others reap the benefits.

You do realize its Week 1 right?  A lof of offenses had trouble getting it going today.  Its early to be calling people 'busts' after 1 week.  I do love owners like this though, they drop WRs like Lelie after one week and pick up guys like F. Johnson (CLE, who the hell is he?) and then others reap the benefits.

983683[/snapback]

I do think that week 1 is very telling. You can't just ignore it. Arizona's O-line sucks. I wouldn't give up on Arrington b/c of the huge premium on rb's but wr's like Charles Rogers you can pretty much put a tombstone on. Harrington blows.

I'm not concerned about Lelie at all. He was targeted 15 times including twice in the end zone when the Broncos were inside the 10 yard line.

The Broncos were playing on the road, in sweltering heat and humidity, against what is still one of the better defenses in the NFL.

Half the players taken in the first two rounds of most drafts were busts Sunday, so give it some time.

Ditto for Arrington although I would be a little more concerned there as he was already starting to look a little shaky near the end of the preseason and doesn't have Lelie's track record.

Does the same apply to the ones that did well?

983737[/snapback]

In Fantasy, as is life (and is there a difference, really?), never put too much significance on a small sample size like one week of NFL action. If anything, look at players that you had confidence in before the season (confidence, not whims), and hit the trade talk for some buy low, sell high.

Lelie will get lots of looks throughout the season and most weeks will be better than yesterday. You can take that to the bank.

Arrington does need to improve elements of his game, but he's a rookie and if you can be patient I would hope for better in a few weeks. The Cardinals couldn't run at all yesterday. I'll chalk some of it up to being on the road vs. the Giants on 9/11 unless they struggle vs. the Rams in Week 2.

Don't panic!! It is only one game. I had Lelie yesterday and just squeeked out a victory. Plummer will get his act together and ge should be fine. Arrington is another story. It is difficult for a rookie to get started strong in the NFL. Look at the rookie stats last year. Most of the highly rated rookies did not start posting good numbers until late in the year. It is better to avoid using them early (except Caddi) until they can prove they are comfortable in the offense.

i am struggling at rb as i have arrington at #2. hope he gets his head out of his hindquarter and starts running the freaking ball with some determination

984085[/snapback]

I agree....somehow I won, but going against a strong manager with only edge is going to bite me in the ass come the next few weeks.

I really hope Lelie can pick it up.... I know it's only week 1, but if you look at the remaining RB's or other WR's you could have picked up when he was chosen you'll drive yourself crazy...