[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With Walker gone.......

rellen13

With Driver as the #1 wideout (by default), I figure he'll get more looks from Favre, but will also get more attention from def's.

I drafted Driver as my #2 WR, thinking that the Packers would have to throw the ball alot this year just to stay in games, and with Walker drawing most of the double teams, help over the top, etc., he would rack up some serious points this year.

Now I'm not sure what to think. Will more looks from Favre translate into more points for Driver? Does this make Ferguson a better pick than him? Or does this mean that the Packer offense will be so bad this year, that all options have to be down-graded?

I just don't know if I should be happy about this (and if so, please excuse the schadenfreu), or if my 6th round pick just got ugly.

:D

Driver's value definitley goes up. I'm glad I have him in 4 of my 11 leagues, and wish I had him in more. My question is who will end up being the #2. Ferguson has had so many chances, I dont' think he can get it done. Chatman is well Chatman. I wonder if Terrance Murphy the rookie that they liked so much can step it up, assuming his knee has healed.

Green Bay must be happy they didn't pay Walker.

Driver's value certainly goes up.

984171[/snapback]

That's the part about this I don't like - Walker's number the laast few years are solid and he'll never see a payday out of it. His previous complaints weren't like Owens'. :D

Edited by Pope Flick

Gowdemon,

Without a doubt he will be a good play for the remainder of the season.

Prior to J. Walker showing up in GB, Driver was Favre's main man.

With a total lack of Defense the Pack will be playing catch-up this year, which bodes well for GB's WR Corps.

Biggest question will be if the O line gives Favre enough time to throw the ball...

I think Driver will finish as a darn good WR, good thing I grabbed him as my #3 when we only start two.

Fergie should be ok, I've always thought GB has 'too much' talent at WR and Ferguson now has the chance to prove he can play. I would not at all be surprised if Driver ends up a top 10 WR and Fergie is in the 20-25 range.

Cool, I was just going to post the same question and then found it already covered here. I am a little surprised that there isn't anyone saying that Driver may not be able to handle the double teams and pressure of being the unquestioned #1 target. FWIW though, I agree and think this will ultimately help his fantasy value. Besides the Muhammad example, Amani Toomer was another example that immediately came to mind. In 2002 the Giants WR corps was decimated with injuries and Amani was the only NFL caliber WR that they had for a good part of the season (remember they were so desperate that they even signed Herman Moore out of retirement). Amani caught 82 passes for 1343 yards and 8 TDs that year, all career highs. I think Driver is at least as good as Toomer, hopefully he can respond in the same way that Amani did that year.

Cool, I was just going to post the same question and then found it already covered here.  I am a little surprised that there isn't anyone saying that Driver may not be able to handle the double teams and pressure of being the unquestioned #1 target. FWIW though, I agree and think this will ultimately help his fantasy value.  Besides the Muhammad example, Amani Toomer was another example that immediately came to mind. In 2002 the Giants WR corps was decimated with injuries and Amani was the only NFL caliber WR that they had for a good part of the season (remember they were so desperate that they even signed Herman Moore out of retirement).  Amani caught 82 passes for 1343 yards and 8 TDs that year, all career highs.  I think Driver is at least as good as Toomer, hopefully he can respond in the same way that Amani did that year.

985490[/snapback]

I think that up until last year, Driver was the main receiver since 2002. He started opposite Sherry Glenn in 2002, and then Ferguson was given the shot in 2003 until Walker came on. Although, Driver was hurt for a game or 2 at the beginning of the 2003 season and accounts for his lower numbers that year. I think he'll do fine in this situation and while the offensive woes for Green Bay are just starting, there is time for them to get that line in shape and possibly keep Favre upright and throwing, God knows they'll have to with the defense the way it is.

I think that up until last year, Driver was the main receiver since 2002.  He started opposite Sherry Glenn in 2002, and then Ferguson was given the shot in 2003 until Walker came on.  Although, Driver was hurt for a game or 2 at the beginning of the 2003 season and accounts for his lower numbers that year.  I think he'll do fine in this situation and while the offensive woes for Green Bay are just starting, there is time for them to get that line in shape and possibly keep Favre upright and throwing, God knows they'll have to with the defense the way it is.

985619[/snapback]

He had a concussion that year and was wary of hits for awhile.