[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeAngelo Hall vs. T.O.

pedroz13

I don't get it....everyone is talking about how great Hall was on T.O. and all the jawing he did after and during the game to T.O. I mean T.O. had 7 grabs for 112. Am I missing something? I realize he didn't score. And no I am not a T.O. fan. Hall did a good job I guess considering they won and Owens didn't score, but Jim Mora to say "You own him" doesn't add up to me. The pick he had was a bad pass by McNabb, and the last play of the game the ball was underthrown because of pressure, not because of Hall.

McNabb got blitzed all night long(38 times) and was totally off after getting hit in the chest, otherwise both mcnabb and TO would have had a feild day! Hall got helped greatly by the blitz etc.

So the plan to have Hall one on one with Owens the whole game and play the other members of the team in blitzing schemes etc worked.

Everyone was predicting a great game by Owens.... tremendous yardage and TD's galore.... well .... 112 and zip point zip seems like Hall did his job just just like the coach had hoped.

Shame no one can ever give kudoo's for a job well done but instead have to run it down all the time.

So the plan to have Hall one on one with Owens the whole game and play the other members of the team in blitzing schemes etc worked.

Everyone was predicting a great game by Owens.... tremendous yardage and TD's galore.... well .... 112 and zip point zip seems like Hall did his job just just like the coach had hoped.

Shame no one can ever give kudoo's for a job well done but instead have to run it down all the time.

992572[/snapback]

Sky the biggest impact of the whole game was Trotter getting ejected, next an Illeagle hit on mcnabb, the rest is history.

992572[/snapback]

BS. I give credit where its due, Willie Parker had a PHENOM game based on what was expected of him.

Hall played fine, but I don't think he deserves all the media hype about how he basically shut down T.O. It'd be like someone covering Kobe Bryant when he drops 40 points and loses, then talking sh** to him afterwards. Again, Hall played fine...and he has mad talent so he will get much better. But he did not shut down T.O. by any means. T.O. even dropped an open pass that would have easily been another 20 yards.

Hall did his job and he did it well. What's he, a 2nd year corner? Considering Owens mostly saw single coverage, Hall's performance is note-worthy because Owens has put up much better stats when seeing double coverage from other teams.

However, the point that the real credit should be equally shared by the entire Atlanta defense - rather than Hall as an individual - is more than fair. I was really worried about rolling with Atlanta's DEF in my local for Week 1. But they came up just south of huge and Hall was a big part of that team effort. He broke up a number of catchable passes and, if memory serves, never got called for pass interferance or other stupid penalties that would have helped keep the Eagles' offense on the field.

Hall did his job and he did it well.  What's he, a 2nd year corner?  Considering Owens mostly saw single coverage, Hall's performance is note-worthy because Owens has put up much better stats when seeing double coverage from other teams.

However, the point that the real credit should be equally shared by the entire Atlanta defense - rather than Hall as an individual - is more than fair.  I was really worried about rolling with Atlanta's DEF in my local for Week 1.  But they came up just south of huge and Hall was a big part of that team effort.  He broke up a number of catchable passes and, if memory serves, never got called for pass interferance or other stupid penalties that would have helped keep the Eagles' offense on the field.

992737[/snapback]

that doesn't mean he didn't interfere with him at least a dozen times...

Sky the biggest impact of the whole game was Trotter getting ejected, next an Illeagle hit on mcnabb, the rest is history.

992631[/snapback]

:D

I don't think TO was "shut down" but I think I see a formula here. Hit McNabb early and often, don't let them run the ball and try and minimize TO's impact by simply keeping him out of the endzone.

Edited by Clubfoothead

:D

I don't think TO was "shut down" but I think I see a formula here.  Hit McNabb early and often, don't let them run the ball and try and minimize TO's impact by simply keeping him out of the endzone.

992773[/snapback]

So you are saying defenses should pressure the QB, limit the run game and stop the receivers from catching touchdowns. Seems like the game plan of every defense, every game. I give Atlanta credit, they played a good game. The Eagles couldn't run the ball, had a hard time passing (especially after McNabb got hurt), lost their starting MLB, and couldn't stop Atlanta's rushing attack. Still, they only lost by 4 points and that with Akers missing two field goals.

Sky the biggest impact of the whole game was Trotter getting ejected, .....

992631[/snapback]

Couldn't believe what I was reading across the bottom of the screen when I turned on the game. That had tremendous impact on the game for sure.

I haven't had time to read articles and hype about Hall. All I know is that he did a good job from what I saw of the game. He didn't get away with anything others haven't got away with... played tough all game... played within his coaches parameters for the whole team and Owens was kept out of the end zone. Oh, and Atlanta won.

I have often wondered why the star always has an 'off night', but the guy that stops him from having a good night is never considered in the equation. It's probably not always that way.... but sure seems like it is here.

I knew I should have taken that bet at that sports book in Vegas... Will Owens catch a TD.. Yes or No. That would have been a nice win. :D

Some people will never understand that we probably won't see another CB who performs like Deion in his prime. If you leave a modern-day great CB in single coverage against a great WR all game long, 7 catches for 112 yards isn't much of a performance by the WR -- especially if no other players are catching a bunch of passes.

Remember Chad Johnson and/or Jerry Porter on Champ Bailey? Same principle.

I don't get it....everyone is talking about how great Hall was on T.O. and all the jawing he did after and during the game to T.O.  I mean T.O. had 7 grabs for 112.  Am I missing something?  I realize he didn't score.  And no I am not a T.O. fan.  Hall did a good job I guess considering they won and Owens didn't score, but Jim Mora to say "You own him" doesn't add up to me. The pick he had was a bad pass by McNabb, and the last play of the game the ball was underthrown because of pressure, not because of Hall.

992423[/snapback]

I think McNabb threw to TO about 20 times. For him only to have 7 catches for 112 yards and not TDs...I say job well done DeAngelo!! :D

I think McNabb threw to TO about 20 times.  For him only to have 7 catches for 112 yards and not TDs...I say job well done DeAngelo!! :D

993684[/snapback]

And how many of those passes bounced first before reaching T.O.? Hall did a good job, but Owens still had a solid game. It would have been better if McNabb threw better passes.