[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Advice

rew70

Rew-  Need one.

R. Smith vs. balt.

R. Williams @ GB

Horn @ Atl.

1198102[/snapback]

Well I think that Roy and Rod will post similar numbers so it's almost a coin flip there. Don't know how much Denver will need to throw on Baltimore. Ray Lewis is now most likely done for the year and at least this week and with the combo of Anderson and Bell, they may not need to utilize the pass very much. That's the only thing that gives me pause about that situation.

However Roy is playing a GB secondary that he matches up well with. The Lions have no real running game with K. Jones hurt and will be forced to throw the ball more. Roy is the best WR they have and should benefit from that. All that said I think Roy may slightly outperform Rod this week so I would lean towards him.

Horn has been a disappointment all year with injury and subpar play. I would immediately rule him out from your choices above. While they will also throw as they also have no running game. Brooks is hit or miss and you never know what you are going to get with that offense.

Good Luck!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think that Roy and Rod will post similar numbers so it's almost a coin flip there.  Don't know how much Denver will need to throw on Baltimore.  Ray Lewis is now most likely done for the year and at least this week  and with the combo of Anderson and Bell, they may not need to utilize the pass very much.  That's the only thing that gives me pause about that situation.

However Roy is playing a GB secondary that he matches up well with.  The Lions have  no real running game  with K. Jones hurt and will be forced to throw the ball more.  Roy is the best WR they have and should benefit from that.  All that said I think Roy may slightly outperform Rod this week so I would lean towards him.

Horn has been a disappointment all year  with injury and subpar play.  I would immediately rule him out from your choices above.  While  they will also throw as  they also have no running game.  Brooks is hit or miss and you never know what you are going to get with that offense.

Good Luck!

1198404[/snapback]

Good stuff. Thanks!

OK another wrinkle. I left a WR off, Isaac Bruce. Sorry!!

Would you release Bruce before Engram to pick up Housh?? I will have to start two of the three (Driver, Engram/Housh, Bruce/Housh) this week.

1198359[/snapback]

I would rather have the combo of Bruce and Housh for the long haul, but this weeek Engram plays SF and that's a good matchup, however Alexander should carry the load there and they may not need to throw much. And if they get way up, as they did on MNF, then the starters will have a seat and then you have potential points riding the pine. That's never good. So that being the good possibility I would start Bruce and Housh.

Housh is very solid and having a very good year. They will continue to throw the ball and so will STL, especially this week against MIN in what should be a high scoring game.

Good Luck!

Kevin Jones vs the pack

parker vs the bears

who should i start standard prformance scoring

1198371[/snapback]

First you need to make sure that K. Jones will play. He sat last week after becoming a gametime decision when earlier in the week Jauron said he wanted to get him 20-30 carries. Parker has been named the starter and while he has a very toughmatchup against the Bears, at least he's guaranteed to play and start the game.

You'll have to monitor the injury report fo the status on K. Jones and see what that is before making a final decision, but as of right this instant, I start Parker.

Good Luck!

Good stuff Rew, good to see some well thought out responses in a FA advice thread.

But you're wrong on KRob. :D

1198378[/snapback]

Thanks big Hugh!

I could be wrong, it's happpened once or twice before. :D

But I think KRob has found a nice click with Johnson and that should continue to grow, IMO. They have the perfect chance this week to really put up some numbers so this is the test in my book. But I'm one of the fewe who believe this kid can be a superstar if given the right situation. Seattle just wasn't a good fit for him and I think with BJ, that MIN just might be ok for him to show what he can reallly do.

What did he say?

-------

I have (pick 3)

Holt  @ Minn

Driver VS Det

Stallworth VS Atl

Galloway VS Carolina

1198384[/snapback]

I would go with:

Holt - They will have to throw in what I think will be a high scoring game. He looked like he tweaked hmself last week, but should be fine. Just check the injury report. I think he goes over 100 and adds a score.

Galloway - Having a very good year and is the main target of Simms. He's playing too well to sit him. While his matchup may not be as good as Stallworth, he's the main guy and CAR can be thrown on. Galloway should have something like 90 yds and a score.

And finally I would say Driver. He's also a favoerite target of favre and we all klnow that favre likes to throw the ball. Detroit can't stop anything, so I look for GB to pound them. Driver should be a solid option this week coming close to, if not getting, to 100 yds and a score.

Good Luck!

Some really excellent $hit, rew.

Here goes, getting rid of Warner in a dynasty league for Chris Simms and something. I can probably get two of the following if I include some cap $$:

N. Davenport

R. Ferguson

B. Jones

I hate Virginia but the commonwealth was nice enough to let me leave if I promised to never come back. I'll honor the deal, unless Ihave some reunion down at Little Creek.

Once again I have lost another player to injury for the rest of the season!

I need to pick up a RB- There is not much to pick from. Any suggestions of who you would suggest to pick up of this group is greatly appreciated.

Performance League scoring

A. Smith

Barlow

C. Taylor

Arrington

Pittman

Bennett

back-up for Philly

Any sleepers??

Help! I am in the playoffs- I currently have McGahee and Gado on my team but need to pick up another RB for obvious reasons.

Morning REW,

One more question, which D would you go with?

Den v Bal

Min v STL

Both seem like pretty good options. Standard scoring, 2 points per INT/Sack/Fumble Rec, 6 points Def TD/Special Teams TD.

Points scored against have no impact.

Thanks!

Some really excellent $hit, rew.

Here goes, getting rid of Warner in a dynasty league for Chris Simms and something.  I can probably get two of the following if I include some cap $$:

N. Davenport

R. Ferguson

B. Jones

I hate Virginia but the commonwealth was nice enough to let me leave if I promised to never come back.  I'll honor the deal, unless Ihave some reunion down at Little Creek.

1198583[/snapback]

Well we won't hold grudges, so you're welcome back anytime. :D

If you are in it for the long haul then Davenport and Ferguson are the plays. GB will probably be in a rebuilding year next year and if not next, then definitley the following. They are the players of the future for that franchise so grabbing them now isn't a bad idea. Green and Driver are both getting long in the tooth and their value is steadily in decline and Walker will be coming back from knee surgery so he won't be back to normal next season. That usually takes 2 seasons before they return to form. So that leaves Najeh and Fergie to carry the load. I think they have more value and have proven that over Jones. I wouldn't take him over the other 2 at this point.

Once again I have lost another player to injury for the rest of the season! 

I need to pick up a RB- There is not much to pick from. Any suggestions of who you would suggest to pick up of this group is greatly appreciated.

Performance League scoring

A. Smith

Barlow

C. Taylor

Arrington

Pittman

Bennett

back-up for Philly

Any sleepers??

Help! I am in the playoffs- I currently have McGahee and Gado on my team but need to pick up another RB for obvious reasons.

1198588[/snapback]

Ouch! from this list I would say Taylor first. Jamal has been a fantasy bust this year and Taylor is consistently coming on sttrong and should be the starter there. He runs hard and has good speed and quickness. He's worth more than the others, IMO.

Next I would opt for Bennett and hope he can stay healthy. He's an excellent play this week if Moore cannot go, check injury reports. If not Moore, then Bennettt is your man.

They don't run enough in NO for Smith to be of any value, Barlow plays for a horrible SF team and he's been hurt lately. Arrington hasn't proven a thing and he's on an offense that likes to throw...a lot. Pittman has little value as he backs up Caddy and now Caddy seems to be fully healthy and won't relinquish that job to him. Moats will be the guuy in Philly but they have quit for the year and you don't want any Eagle offensive guy. I too had Westy and I will not grab Moats.

The only real sleeper that could be available is K. Faulk. He's not going to win you any games by himself, but he's always good for at least some points. He's an excellent receiver out of the backfield and with the injury problem history that Dillon has, he could be aa nice filler in these last few weeks.

Good Luck!

Morning REW,

One more question, which D would you go with?

Den v Bal

Min v STL

Both seem like pretty good options. Standard scoring, 2 points per INT/Sack/Fumble Rec, 6 points Def TD/Special Teams TD.

Points scored against have no impact.

Thanks!

1198595[/snapback]

I would go with Denver based on the fact that Baltimore really doesn't have a good offense and the game is in Denver where the Broncos are very tough at home. STL has been struggling and MIN has been on a roll, but they normally play a high scoring game and I think that continues this week so go with the better option in Denver and look for a low scoring game from Baltimore. I'd be surprised if they scored more than 10...frankly I'll be surprised if they score 10.

Good Luck!

Rew, who's better at giving advice

Hated-by-Many or Whoop that Trick?

1198671[/snapback]

:D

Nice try...but I'm not biting.

I'm just here to try and give some opinions and the thoughts behind those opinions to try and help folks make a decision.

hopefully you'll be back next week as I have earned a bye in both leagues...

1198757[/snapback]

Don't see why not, I've been a part of the Huddle for a long time. I'll be more than happy to dispense what knowledge I can again next week.

I need some help here. Not very savvy with all this but here is my team that I have right now.

QB Brady v Buf or B. Johnson v StL I am thinking Johnson

RB S Jax v Min and D Foster v TB on the ww is A. Smith v Atl and its MNF so I am thinking of benching Jax for Smith

WR need three

Engram v SF for sure

Lee Evans v NE I here there might be a suspension against moulds, will this help of hurt

Kennison v Dallas not too sure here

Terry Glenn v KC not sure here either

Eric Parker v Mia. don't think he will get many catches but should get a score.

What do you think?

I need some help here. Not very savvy with all this but here is my team that I have right now.

QB Brady v Buf or  B. Johnson v StL I am thinking Johnson

RB S Jax v Min and D Foster v TB on the ww is A. Smith v Atl and its MNF so I am thinking of benching Jax for Smith

WR need three

Engram v SF for sure

Lee Evans v NE  I here there might be a suspension against moulds, will this help of hurt

Kennison v Dallas not too sure here

Terry Glenn v KC not sure here either

Eric Parker v Mia. don't think he will get many catches but should get a score.

What do you think?

1198939[/snapback]

QB-Go with Johnson here. He should be in a high scoring game and has been playing very well, undefeated this season. He has built a nice relationship with KRob and they should be able too exploit the STL secondary. Bufffalo has a decent defense and Brady will probably do ok, but I think BJ does better.

RB-I wouldn't bench SJax for Smith. I think SJax could crack 100 this week and score, not that confident that Smith can duplicate those numbers.

WR-Engram is a must start for your team. He's playing well, yu just have to hope for a score before SA takes that game over and the starters get benched because it's a blowout. The NE secondary is still porous and can be beat. While I'm not totally sold on Evans, he's a better option for you due to matchups. Finally I like Glenn this week. KC gives up big yards and numbers and he should find the endzone this week. While Kennison has been playing good, the ball gets spread around there and the DAL secondary is better than people think. I think KC will pound away with LJ. And Parker is just to up and down for me to rely on him. Engram, Evans and Glenn arre your best bet.

Good Luck!

Rew, who's better at giving advice

Hated-by-Many or Whoop that Trick?

1198671[/snapback]

That's like asking Mars Blackman or Spike Lee. Sure, they may look and talk a little different... but when you break it down, they're the same person!

Extra props to rew for running with this post... :D Quality info to say the least.

:D Well, despite Hated That OIA's prods, I will start my IDP advice thread... check it out if y'all are in IDP leagues.

Rew,

My RBs are James, Larry, Rudi, Parker.

Everyone is on the bandwagon on picking up Rhodes for backup. Should I drop Parker and get Rhodes? I’m in a performance 8-man league.

My WRs are C. Johnson, S. Smith, Horn, R. Williams. Thinking of dropping Horn and getting off WW Chambers. Should I?

Thanks for your help!