[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Advice

rew70

You Have To Think..PHI Has No QB..No Decent Widouts IMO..and No Starting RB No More..

1202190[/snapback]

What I think is what does SF have? Not much. McMahon is capable of getting things going in Philly. Reggie Brown burned the Giants secondary last time they met and he has great speed. The Giants secondary is not very good. There's a good possibility he does it again. Moats is a hard runner and quick, too. If he can hang onto the ball, he'll be fine.

Add Gordon and LJ Smith into the mix and Philly most certainly has enough to keep the Giants honest and not allow them to pin their ears back and go straight for McMahon every play.

That said I still wouldn't start any of the Philly offensive guys, but it won't surprise me in the least if they keep this game close for all, or at least a good portion of it. Meanwhile I WILL be shocked if SF is in that game after the first half. JMHO.

Edited by rew70

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I think is what does SF have?  Not much.  McMahon is capable of getting things going in Philly. Reggie Brown burned the Giants secondary last time they met and he has great speed. The Giants secondary is not very good.  There's a good possibility he does it again. 

1202216[/snapback]

I don't think so.

McMahon fumbed 3 times then but recovered them. Without Westbrook I don't see it happening again. They are very 1 dimensional now. Westbrook is a scary player for defenses.

I don't think so.

McMahon fumbed 3 times then but recovered them. Without Westbrook I don't see it happening again. They are very 1 dimensional now. Westbrook is a scary player for defenses.

1202238[/snapback]

And you may be right. However I would still want to start the SEA defense against SF than I would the Giants DEF against Philly.

Lost Westbrook, looking for a week 16 replacement. Stnrd TD League

Here's my choices.

Dillon vs NYJ

Fred Taylor vs HOU

D Foster vs DAL

I'm a little worried about NE and JAX sitting Dillon and Freddy to rest up for the playoffs.

Thanks for the help

Lost Westbrook, looking for a week 16 replacement. Stnrd TD League

Here's my choices.

Dillon vs NYJ

Fred Taylor vs HOU

D Foster vs DAL

I'm a little worried about NE and JAX sitting Dillon and Freddy to rest up for the playoffs.

Thanks for the help

1202264[/snapback]

Well I think Foster is the obvious choice here. The other 2 can't remain healthy long enough to play a full season or game for that matter. Foster does have a tough matchup this week but he'll be fine in the long run. Davis let slip today that he believes Foster starts this week so I would say him over Dillon and Taylor.

Good Luck!

Need some WR help, need two starters.                                                                                                  Have Galloway(tough D), Boldin(tough D), and Holt(rookie QB)                                            Available on WW are : KRob, Evans, and Engram all with favorable D matchups.                      Thanks.

1202349[/snapback]

As much as I like KRob, I cannot recommend him over the 3 you have. All are worth a start this week and should do just fine. If pressed I may sit Galloway and start KRob in his place, but I don't think I would drop any of the 3 to get him.

Good Luck!

Hi rew.....

Looking for advise on who to start this week at the RB2, WR2 and TE spots. I'm set at QB, RB1 and WR1. This is a touchdown scoring league. Yards don't matter so much.

QB - Carson Palmer versus Cleveland - Obvious

RB1 - Shaun Alexander versus SF - Definately

RB2 - Choices are Lamont Jordon, Kevin Jones and Warrick Dunn. I am leaning towards Jordon. Jones is not a sure thing and Dunn is iffy on getting touchdowns.

WR1 - Chad Johnson versus Cleveland - No question

WR2 - Choices include Chambers, Curtis and Toomer. I'm not sure if Chambers can stay hot three weeks in a row, but is going up against a week pass D...Curtis may not be getting the looks and Toomer is the #2 receiver going against a weaker Philadelphia defense without Lito Shepard...I am thinking of starting Toomer...he may have the best shot at the endzone.

TE - My choices are Heath Miller versus Chicago or Cooley versus San Diego. Chicago and San Diego are both tough against the TE, but I'm thinking Cooley has the best shot at scoring.

This game is big for me...We don't have playoffs...we play all 17 for best record. I need to win all the rest of my games to have a chance. Any thoughts??? Your input is appreciated.

If you're still hanging around. Any thoughts?

perf league

Need to start 2

Dillon vs. BUF

CBrown vs HOU

DD @ TEN

First week all year I've had to make a choice due to injuries and finally all have a decent matchup. My gut says to sit DD, but all of them a decent plays this week (I think)

Hi rew.....

Looking for advise on who to start this week at the RB2, WR2 and TE spots. I'm set at QB, RB1 and WR1. This is a touchdown scoring league. Yards don't matter so much.

QB - Carson Palmer versus Cleveland - Obvious

RB1 - Shaun Alexander versus SF - Definately

RB2 - Choices are Lamont Jordon, Kevin Jones and Warrick Dunn. I am leaning towards Jordon. Jones is not a sure thing and Dunn is iffy on getting touchdowns.

WR1 - Chad Johnson versus Cleveland - No question

WR2 - Choices include Chambers, Curtis and Toomer. I'm not sure if Chambers can stay hot three weeks in a row, but is going up against a week pass D...Curtis may not be getting the looks and Toomer is the #2 receiver going against a weaker Philadelphia defense without Lito Shepard...I am thinking of starting Toomer...he may have the best shot at the endzone.

TE - My choices are Heath Miller versus Chicago or Cooley versus San Diego. Chicago and San Diego are both tough against the TE, but I'm thinking Cooley has the best shot at scoring.

This game is big for me...We don't have playoffs...we play all 17 for best record. I need to win all the rest of my games to have a chance. Any thoughts??? Your input is appreciated.

1202581[/snapback]

At RB Jordan is without question your best bet. He's going to be out to prove something against his old team and the Jets absolutely reek at stopping the run. He's good for 1 maybe 2 scores this week.

At WR it's a toss up between Toomer and Chambers. Curtis is the forgotten man now that Holt and Bruce are healthy and Bulger is out. Fitz doesn't look his way enough so rule him out. I think both are streaky players and each always has the chance to score, but I will say Chambers. Not totally sold on this guy, but he'll have the better chance. MIA is not going to be able to run the ball effectively againsta very good SD run defense which will mean they will have to throw more. That benefits Chambers as he's the main option there other than McMichael. I think CC can beat the SD secondary and push one across.

The Giants however will be able to run on Philly and thus decrease the chances for Toomer. In the red zone Eli will look to the tall Burress and Shockey underneath. I don't think Toomer has the better chance to score than that of Chambers. So I say Chambers in this case.

At the TE position I would go with Cooley. WAS is playing ARZ this week not SD, and Brunell looks for him near the goal line. I wouldn't mess with the CHI defense if I didn't need to. Not to say Miller may not get one, but I think Cooley against ARZ has the better chance to score.

Good Luck!

If you're still hanging around.  Any thoughts?

perf league

Need to start 2

Dillon vs. BUF

CBrown vs HOU

DD @ TEN

First week all year I've had to make a choice due to injuries and finally all have a decent matchup. My gut says to sit DD, but all of them a decent plays this week (I think)

1202616[/snapback]

Cbrown and DD. Both have great matchups and should put points on the board. 2 bad teams playing each other means many points. Both get touches out of the backfield in the passing game, especially DD. And DD has been playing real well as of late. I like both of those guys to score this week and post good numbers yardage wise.

Dillon isn't necessarily a bad play this week, but is he fully healthy? Will he share carries? Just don't like his prospects as much as the other two. And the BUF defense is much better all around than either HOU or TEN.

Good Luck!

Edited by rew70

Performance League:

.1 pt per 1 yd rushing / receiving.

6 pts per td.

1 pt for every 3 receptions.

W. Parker vs CHI Rush 'D' of 7.

or

G. Jones sharing carries with fragile Fred vs IN Rush 'D' of 9.

or

A. Toomer vs PHL Pass 'D' of 17.

I am leaning towards W. Parker.

If Gado last week vs CHi got 75 yds 1 TD - hopefully FWP can, if Bettis doesn't get goal line?

Who should I start at RB and WR this week? If I win, I come in first for the regular season. Tough but good choices for RBs, but WRs are choices from 2nd and 3rd WRs.

Scoring system:

6 pts for rush and rec. TDs

1 pt for every 25 yards rush.

1 pt for every 25 yards rec.

RBs: start 2

1. Tiki @ Philly - could have big game or could have average game. Has Philly mailed it in?

2. Dunn vs. NO - I like this match-up. Could get 100+ and a long TD, but Duckett does steal goalline carries.

3. Dillon @ Buf - I like this match-up also. Buf run D is rank at the bottom

4. J. Jones vs KC - Could this be the game he breaks out?

WRs: start 2

1. Ward vs Chi - Tough D, but Ward is on fire.

2. Bennett vs Hou - Houston seems to make every teams passing attack look good. I like this match-up.

3. E. Parker vs Mia - He could do what Evans did to Mia last week.

4. Lelie vs Balt - I know, I still have him. Could this be the week he finally catches that long TD.

5. Curtis @ Minny - Has been my savior at this position, but has lost looks with Fitzy at the helm and Bruce is back. Although they face Minny in most likely a high scoring game.

I'm really stuck deciding my RBs. I'm leaning toward Dunn and Dillon because of match-ups, but I can't convince myself to sit Tiki. So what do you guys think?

Thanks and I will answer your post.

Performance League:

.1 pt per 1 yd rushing / receiving.

6 pts per td.

1 pt for every 3 receptions.

W. Parker vs CHI Rush 'D' of 7.

or

G. Jones sharing carries with fragile Fred vs IN Rush 'D' of 9.

or

A. Toomer vs PHL Pass 'D' of 17.

I am leaning towards W. Parker.

If Gado last week vs CHi got 75 yds 1 TD - hopefully FWP can, if Bettis doesn't get goal line?

1205990[/snapback]

Ok, I would rule Jones out simply because Taylor is starting and at best he splits carries. He'll still see much work, but with that situation, you just don't know.

Parker is interesting, but I think they make a gimpy Ben try to beat them and take away the run. Opposite of what they did last week, which is why Gado got what he got and favre didn't post his normal numbers. Bettis is back and slated to play this week, but you never know how much. I just wouldn't mess witht hat CHI defense if I didn't have to.

That brings us to Toomer. He's been having solid games as of alte and should be able to continue that trend on a beat up Philly secondary minus Lito Sheppard. Granted I think Philly comes to play harder than they did on MNF, but that still doesn't mean they are good...they are not. I think Toomer has more success against Philly than Parker has against CHI.

Good Luck!

I am looking for thoughts on the following receiver to pick among these three:

J. Jurivicious

Antonio Bryant

Kevin Curtis

I already have Chad and Andre Johnson in at Receiver.

Thanks

Points are for yardage 1 Pt for 20 Yards, 5 pts for a TD, and extra points for long TD's

1206017[/snapback]

Jurevicius is my call here with Bryant a close second. I am an owner of both JJ and Curtis, too and I will not be starting Curtis. He hasn't done anything since Fitz took over at QB. Don't let the long TD pass in OT fool you a couple weeks agao. Had it not been for that one play, he would have posted a big fat ZERO. He's the forgotten man now that Bruce and Holt are healthy and Bulger sidelined. Fitz doesn't go through his progressions long enough to find the #3 WR. He looks to Holt, then Bruce, then gets sacked or throws it out of bounds.

Curtis is capable of havinga good game with him in there, but that's not a chance I am willing to take at this point in the season.

Bryant is interesting because now Edwards is out and Northcutt takes his spot. More emphasis should be thrown towrds Bryant and he should now getmore looks. However he still has a rookie QB in Frye at the helm and are playinga feisty CIN defense this week. Bryant has a good chance to score, but...

not as much as JJ. He did the first crack at the TD against Philly, but couldn't keep his feet in bounds. He's a big target in the red zone and Hass looks his way often down there. SA has already had his touches decreased and his playing time limited so he's fresh for the playoffs. Hoolmgrenhould turn Hass loose against a pathetic SF defense and let him rip. Look for JJ to post some fairly moderate numbers and a score this week.

Good Luck!

Who should I start at RB and WR this week? If I win, I come in first for the regular season. Tough but good choices for RBs, but WRs are choices from 2nd and 3rd WRs.

Scoring system:

6 pts for rush and rec. TDs

1 pt for every 25 yards rush.

1 pt for every 25 yards rec.

RBs: start 2

1. Tiki @ Philly - could have big game or could have average game. Has Philly mailed it in?

2. Dunn vs. NO - I like this match-up. Could get 100+ and a long TD, but Duckett does steal goalline carries.

3. Dillon @ Buf - I like this match-up also. Buf run D is rank at the bottom

4. J. Jones vs KC - Could this be the game he breaks out?

WRs: start 2

1. Ward vs Chi - Tough D, but Ward is on fire.

2. Bennett vs Hou - Houston seems to make every teams passing attack look good. I like this match-up.

3. E. Parker vs Mia - He could do what Evans did to Mia last week.

4. Lelie vs Balt - I know, I still have him. Could this be the week he finally catches that long TD.

5. Curtis @ Minny - Has been my savior at this position, but has lost looks with Fitzy at the helm and Bruce is back. Although they face Minny in most likely a high scoring game.

I'm really stuck deciding my RBs. I'm leaning toward Dunn and Dillon because of match-ups, but I can't convince myself to sit Tiki. So what do you guys think?

Thanks and I will answer your post.

1206044[/snapback]

I'd stay away form the NE backfield. Yeah it's a decent matchup but no better than Tiki or Dunn. Tiki is playing solid ball and yes Phily has mailed it in. They won't come out as flat as they did on MNF but they still can be run on. Tiki should do very well this week, I think you start him. And Dunn on MNF should do just fine against NO. NO is soft on the run and will be concentrating on not letting Vick destroy them. Yeah Duckett steals some goal line carries but Dunn should get over 100 and score this week.

Jones will inevitably split with barber and that's to no one's benefit. Who will have the better game? Yeah I don't know either which is why he gets benched when you have another who can do just as well or better. And in your case , you do. Start Tiki and Dunn at RB.

At WR, go with Ward and Bennett. Bennett should have a field day aginst HOU who is awful in every aspect of the game. even if McNair doesn't finish, gets, hurt, etc. Volek would come in and ligh them up too. Bennett will be themain beneficiary of those throws and should have one of his better days at the office this week. Ward has been on fire lately and always plays hard. He puts up consistent numbers and is always a threat to score. If PIT cannot run, then Ward will be even more important to that offense. Start Ward too.

Good Luck!

Alright Rew, may I get some advice also?

RB pick 2

R. Brown @ SD

R. Droughns @ Cin

W. McGahee vs NE

R. Johnson vs Cle

WR Pick 2

E. Kennison@ Dal

D. Bennett vs Hou

A. Johnson @ Ten

A. Boldin vs Was

D. Jackson vs SF

k pick 1

P. Edinger vs Stl

N. Rackers vs Was

Def

Sea vs SF

Indy @ Jac

thanks for ur input :D:D

Alright Rew, may I get some advice also?

RB pick 2

R. Brown @ SD

R. Droughns @ Cin

W. McGahee vs NE

R. Johnson vs Cle

WR Pick 2

E. Kennison@ Dal

D. Bennett vs Hou

A. Johnson @ Ten

A. Boldin vs Was

D. Jackson vs SF

k pick 1

P. Edinger vs Stl

N. Rackers vs Was

Def

Sea vs SF

Indy @ Jac

thanks for ur input  :D  :D

1206237[/snapback]

OK, Start droughns and Rudi at RB. Both are playing at an extremely high level right now and conditions should be ripe in that game for both to do well. With the way both have been playin, I just don't see how you can bench either one in hopes that one of your other choices steps up and matches the performance. Brown splits with Williams so I definitely don not like that and while Willis should have a good game, there's no reason to think R&R won't just continue what they have been consistently doing all year.

Bennett will have a good game for the reason I stated above in the last post. He'll have a good game, IMO and I wouldn't hesitate to start him. And then I would go with Boldin. Washington's DEF can be thrown on and with the fact that Warner throws so much, he's another I feel you have to have in your lineup. He's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. And with no real running game, they will be throwing quite a bit in that game. Fitz will likely draw more attention than AB, so he looks to be a good option this week.

I like Edinger this week. While rackers has been a very good Kicker this year, he's coming off an injury and that's never good for a kicker. Edinger will be kicking indoors in what should be a fairly high scoring game. He should get plenty of oportunities for both FGs and PATs. I like him this week.

And both defenses have solid matchups, but I lean towards SEA who has the better matchup against a far worse offense in SF than that of JAX.

Good Luck!