[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Advice

rew70

Rew,

My RBs are James, Larry, Rudi, Parker.

Everyone is on the bandwagon on picking up Rhodes for backup. Should I drop Parker and get Rhodes? I’m in a performance 8-man league.

My WRs are C. Johnson, S. Smith, Horn, R. Williams. Thinking of dropping Horn and getting off WW Chambers. Should I?

Thanks for your help!

1198984[/snapback]

Yes I think it would be wise too grab Rhodes. With your selections above, you would not be starting Parker anyway so he's just wasted space. Eventually James is going to sit and Rhodes will get the bulk of the carries. He will peform well and be worth the pickup in the long run. In the meantime, start James and Larry with Rudi filling in when and if the matchup is just too sweet to pass up.

And with your WR core, you have no use for the under performing Horn. While I have said that I think Chambers' performance last week was more a fluke than normal output, in your case to grab him and see if he can continue that trend from last week makes sense. He won't hurt you and with the talent you have at WR you can affford to let him sit and track his progress until he proves he's worthy of an every week start. Until then CJ, SS and RW should be a tough lineup for anyone in your league to have to face.

Good Luck!

Edited by rew70

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rew - who to start this week: McGahee or Dunn?  (Performance scoring) Need a win to get in.  Thanks!

1199037[/snapback]

I think you have to go with Dunn. He runs behind one of the best running OLs in the league and has had a very good season. No reason to think that won't continue. McGahee has a nice matchup this week, but Dunn is facing the Saints. You should salivating at the opportunity to start him against that defense.

pick 2

curtis vs raiders

ronnie brown @ chargers

jurevicius vs niners

pick 2

drew bennett vs texans

koren robinson vs rams

antonio gates vs dolphins

lee evans vs Pats

pick 2

julius jones vs KC

sam gado vs detroit

c. dillon @ buffalo

pick 1

heath miller vs bears

ben troupe vs texans

pick 1

indy D @ jacksonville

cincy D vs browns

I'm torn between

Brees v. Miami

Warner v. Washington

TIA.

1199059[/snapback]

I think they both may perform similarly this week, but I will give the nod to Warner. He has better WRs in Boldin and Fitz and not much of a running game which forces them to throw more. That and the fact they are usually playing from behind. I don't think he'll throw for 300 but 240-250 isn't out of the question and 1-2 scores is likely.

Conversely I think Brees will throw for around 200-220 and 1-2 scores. So it basically comes to surrounding talent and more opportuinity to throw which will give the edge to Warner is yds. Sd can and will rely on LT to take the bulk of the workload thus reducing the need for Brees to chuck it around the ball yard.

Good Luck!

Alright Rew, let's get one more in there. Standard performance, 1st rnd of the playoffs.

QB - Brady, Hasslebeck (need 1)

RB - JJones, Duckett, Bennett, CTaylor* (need 2)

WR - Glenn, Harrison, JSmith, DJax (just picked up Djax, need 2)

Both QBs have tempting matchups, although SA could steal some of Hass's thunder.

RB's will probably have to start JJ (disappointing both fantasy and as a fan) but Duckett and Bennett are toss-ups. Taylor is of no help.

* thinking of dropping Taylor for Rhodes in case Indy sits Edge. This is more for the next round of playoffs.

WR - a group of any week guys.

thanks.

Alright Rew, let's get  one more in there. Standard performance, 1st rnd of the playoffs.

QB - Brady, Hasslebeck (need 1)

RB - JJones, Duckett, Bennett, CTaylor*  (need 2)

WR - Glenn, Harrison, JSmith, DJax (just picked up Djax, need 2)

Both QBs have tempting matchups, although SA could steal some of Hass's thunder.

RB's will probably have to start JJ (disappointing both fantasy and as a fan) but Duckett and Bennett are toss-ups. Taylor is of no help.

* thinking of dropping Taylor for Rhodes in case Indy sits Edge. This is more for the next round of playoffs.

WR - a group of any week guys.

thanks.

1199181[/snapback]

I think Brady and Hass are a toss up. Both should throw for around 220 and 1-2 scores. Obviously Hass has the better matchup, but like you, I'm concerned that SA will take over and the starters will sit after another blowout like MNF. However, IF Djax comes back this week and plays, they will want to work him to get him ready for the playoffs and could translate into a big day for him and thus add to Hass' totals. I would lean slightly more to Hass, the SF matchup is just too sweet to pass by without trying to take advantage of that.

I would start Bennett and Duckett before JJ. Moore may not play this week and if so will be gimpy from what I hear and Bennett will see more carries in what will most likely be a high scoring game. I likeBennettt here. And Duckett is playing on MNF against the woeful Saints. He's good for at least 50-60 and 1-2 scores. JJ is splitti9ng with Barber and you just don't know who will get the token score. Whereas Duckett will get the GL carries and is a better bet to push one in. Grabbing Rhodes is a smart play. I would drop Taylor to make that move.

If DJax plays, then he's a good start in place os Smith as I think he'll be productive. If not then you are still ok with MH, Smith.

Good Luck!

QB-Go with Johnson here.  He should be in a high scoring game and has been playing very well, undefeated this season.  He has built a nice relationship with KRob and they should be able too exploit the STL secondary.  Bufffalo has a decent defense and Brady will probably do ok, but I think BJ does better.

RB-I wouldn't bench SJax for Smith.  I think SJax could crack 100 this week and score, not that confident that Smith can duplicate those numbers.

WR-Engram is a must start for your team.  He's playing well, yu just have to hope for a score before SA takes that game over and the starters get benched because it's a blowout.  The NE secondary is still porous and can be beat.  While I'm not totally sold on Evans, he's a better option for you due to matchups.  Finally I like Glenn this week.  KC gives up big yards and numbers and he should find the endzone this week.  While Kennison has been playing good, the ball gets spread around there and the DAL secondary is better than people think.  I think KC will pound away with LJ.  And Parker is just to up and down for me to rely on him.  Engram, Evans and Glenn arre your best bet.

Good Luck!

1198975[/snapback]

Do I start D. Foster over either S. Jackson or L. Jordan?

1199365[/snapback]

I wouldn't. I think Foster is going to find it tough going against TB this week.

SJax has a good matchup, and should be involved in the pasing game too. As for Jordan, I think with a new QB 1 of 2 things will happen. They will get the needed spark and mobility they lacked with Collins and that offense gets going. And the majority of that offense goes through Jordan. Or the Jets will focus on stopping Jordan and make the new QB beat them. Either way I like Jordan this week. I don't think the Jets are good enough to stop him and he's the leading receiver so he'lll benefit from the passing game too.

Plus he will be on a mission to prove to his old team they shouldn't have let him go and given him more of an opportunity, especially with CMart looking like he'll have off-season surgery. I like Jordan to have one of his better games this week.

Good Luck!

Rew,

Thanks for all your input. I am picking up Housh per your advice. Now I am going to bother you to assess my thinking in my starts.

The league is performance +1 pre comp/rec/rush, pluses for length of TD, 100 yrd rush/pass 300 yrds passing

OK

QB Start 2

I am starting Warner and Bledsoe and benching Favre. I am torn and really going against my gut in putting the old man on the bench, but Warner is red hot and I can't see not starting him. Bledsoe is at home in a dome and going against a KC that will put up a lot of points (I think), even though Favre has arguably the best matchup. You can easily change my mind about this.

RB Start 2

Starting LJ and Mike Anderson

Benching T. Jones

Seems like a no brainer, but I may be missing something...

WR Start 3

Starting S. Smith, HOUSH (thank you), and Bruce. I think I have to sit Driver, especially with the news he is injured and missing practices (but may still play)...

You are doing a great job, and Thank You VERY much.

Edited by cre8tiff

Rew,

Thanks for all your input. I am picking up Housh per your advice. Now I am going to bother you to assess my thinking in my starts.

The league is performance +1 pre comp/rec/rush, pluses for length of TD, 100 yrd rush/pass 300 yrds passing

OK

QB Start 2

I am starting Warner and Bledsoe and benching Favre. I am torn and really going against my gut in putting the old man on the bench, but both Warner and Bledsoe are in Domes, even though Favre has arguably the best matchup. You can easily change my mind about this.

RB Start 2

Starting LJ and Mike Anderson

Benching T. Jones

Seems like a no brainer, but I may be missing something...

WR Start 3

Starting S. Smith, HOUSH (thank you), and Bruce. I think I have to sit Driver, especially with the news he is injured and missing practices (but may still play)...

You are doing a great job, and Thank You VERY much.

1199487[/snapback]

I think it's a coin flip between Favre, Bledsoe and Warner. Actually Favre and Bledsoe have the better matchups, but with the WRs Warner has and the fact that they throw it so much, he's a great start too. I think all are going to be good for 230-240 yds and 2 scores. I may actually lean towards Favre and Bledsoe, but any combo should get you about the same. Don't sweat it. But remember although Warner has been throwing for mad yards, he hasn't put it in the endzone each time. Just some food for thought.

At RB you are dead on. I'm starting T. Jones this week, but I don't have a choice with Westy going down and nothing else out there worth grabbing. Whether your LJ is Jordan or Johnson, each is a must start this week.

At WR Smith, Housh and Bruce should be formidable this week. I think you have an excellent chance at getting TDs out of all of them.

Good lineup, Good Luck!

1 pt for every 20 yards

1 pt for every 3 catches

Joe Horn @ Atlanta

Robert Ferguson vs Detroit

Ernest Wilford Vs Indianapolis

1199496[/snapback]

Ouch, that's nasty. :doah:

I would go with Horn and Fergie. Wilford and M. Jones seemed to have gotten lost in the JAX offense since Garrard took over. He looks for Smith mainly. with Driver gimpy, Fergie will have to step up and has a good matchup against the Lions. You just have to hope that Horn actually shows up and has a decent game. He's more than capable, but has been a fantasy bust so far this year. Maybe on MNF he'll know he's in the spotlight and show us something.

Good Luck!!

Thanks for your input.  I've been starting Brees when Warner goes off and Warner when Brees goes off the whole year.  I've been telling myself all week to start Brees, knowing that I would trick myself and start Warner at the last minute.... :D

1199102[/snapback]

No problem, glad to help. I think you'll be fine with warner this week.

Hey,

I need to pick 2 of the following RBS to start:

D Foster vs TB

J Jones vs KC

S jackson @ MIN

10 rush=1pt

15 rec=1pt

td's=6pt

Thanks for your help

1199548[/snapback]

Jones and SJax due to matchup and the fact that both are involved quite a bit in the passing game. MIN has been playing better defense lately but they're no Chicago. They can be scored on and KC just isn't good on defense. They still give up chunks of yards and are vulnerabl;e to the TD as well.

Just don't see Foster having a breakout game against TB. While they're not what they used to be on defense, they're still good against the run.

Good Luck!

Edited by rew70

Would you go with Eli Manning at Philly (possible snow or inclement weather)

or add Brad Johnson, home in the dome versus the Rams????

Thanks in advance!

1199561[/snapback]

An easy one. Johnson is the calle here. Yes Philly has packed it in, but the G-Men aren't going to do what Seattle did and even if they do, remember that Philly's anemic offense is what gave all those points to Seattle. SA only had like 55 and 2 easy score off turnovers. Hass was held under 200 yds and had 1 score. It's hard to keep people from scoring when the offense is just letting them go and giving the other side great field position.

On the other hand Johnson is on fire so ride the hot hand. Inside the dome should provide for an exciting high scoring game. I think you see a score like 38-27. Johnson is definitely the guy to go with from your choices.

Good Luck!

pick 2

curtis vs raiders

ronnie brown @ chargers

jurevicius vs niners

pick 2

drew bennett vs texans

koren robinson vs rams

antonio gates vs dolphins

lee evans vs Pats

pick 2

julius jones vs KC

sam gado vs detroit

c. dillon @ buffalo

pick 1

heath miller vs bears

ben troupe vs texans

pick 1

indy D @ jacksonville

cincy D vs browns

Delhomme vs TB

Brooks @ATL

Brooks was awful, but maybe he does something against the suspect ATL D? Delhomme has been nothing special either and he's got to go against TB.

I can pick up Losman vs NE. Nice matchup but will he produce better than these two? Also if I wer to pick him up who should I drop. I am carrying ATL and MIN. I am playing ATL this week probably but like MIN's matchup next week if I win. I can probably drop Curtis at this point I guess since my WR3 will be Bruce or Engram.

My Team

QB – Delhomme, Brooks

RB - Anderson, Foster, Greg Jones, Bell

WR - Harrison, Boldin, Curtis, Bruce, Engram

TE – Troupe

K - Tynes

Def – Falcons, Vikings