[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yo

Hugh 0ne

Hey Hugh

Standard scoring need 1 to go with Portis

MMoore v. STL - nice matchup, but Bennett looms

Droughns v. Cincy - Sportsline has him as questionable  :D

Martin v. OAK - could be solid but dinged up.

Thanks!!

1200957[/snapback]

Moore's banged up, and if he plays may split with Bennett or get hurt again. You have better options, bench him, too risky.

Droughns doesn't score, and Droughns doesn't get over 100 yards, I think CuMar finds the endzone against the Raiders, so I think he's your best bet.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady @ BUF

or

B Johnson vs STL

Brady got me here but he's been slumping, Johnson could be red hot this weekend 

Housh vs. CLE

or

Engram vs SF

1pt/25yd pass

1pt/10yd rec

6-10 pt per TD depending on length

1200960[/snapback]

Brad Johnson.

Gotta go Housh here, although I think both post decent numbers.

Hugh-

You've come through all season with some good advice. Now its the playoffs and need your advice more than ever. Here is goes:

Pick 2 RBs:

R. Droughns vs. CIN

C. Martin vs. OAK

W. Parker vs. CHI

Caddy Williams vs. CAR

Pick 2 WRs:

D. Bennett vs. HOU

D. Branch vs. BUF

L. Coles vs. OAK

J. Witten (we can use a TE as WR) vs. KC

Thanks...

Hi Hugh!

Looking for advise on who to start this week at the RB2, WR2 and TE spots. I'm set at QB, RB1 and WR1. This is a touchdown scoring league. Yards don't matter so much.

QB - Carson Palmer versus Cleveland - Obvious

RB1 - Shaun Alexander versus SF - Definately

RB2 - Choices are Lamont Jordon, Kevin Jones and Warrick Dunn. I am leaning towards Jordon. Jones is not a sure thing and Dunn is iffy on getting touchdowns.

WR1 - Chad Johnson versus Cleveland - No question

WR2 - Choices include Chambers, Curtis and Toomer. I'm not sure if Chambers can stay hot three weeks in a row, but is going up against a week pass D...Curtis may not be getting the looks and Toomer is the #2 receiver going against a weaker Philadelphia defense without Lito Shepard...I am thinking of starting Toomer...he may have the best shot at the endzone.

TE - My choices are Heath Miller versus Chicago or Cooley versus San Diego. Chicago and San Diego are both tough against the TE, but I'm thinking Cooley has the best shot at scoring.

Any thoughts??? Your input is appreciated.

1200967[/snapback]

Lamont Jordan all the way.

Forget Curtis, with Fitz in, and Bruce and Holt healthy, Curtis will be very hit or miss.

Chambers or Toomer. :D 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Don't expect much here. Go with the primary target, go with Chambers.

Cooley all the way.

Hugh-

You've come through all season with some good advice. Now its the playoffs and need your advice more than ever. Here is goes:

Pick 2 RBs:

R. Droughns vs. CIN

C. Martin vs. OAK

W. Parker vs. CHI

Caddy Williams vs. CAR

Pick 2 WRs:

D. Bennett vs. HOU

D. Branch vs. BUF

L. Coles vs. OAK

J. Witten (we can use a TE as WR) vs. KC

Thanks...

1201079[/snapback]

With those RB's, it's probably going to be a short playoffs for you. :D

Droughns and Martin.

I like Bennett this week, and your other options aren't great, so I'd definitely start him.

Witten's been inconsistent, I think Branch is the safer play here. I don't like Coles at all.

Tough call - First round playoff matchup against the best team in the league

I can play the Colts DST at JAX or the Giants DST at Philly

At the beginning of each game, we start with 20 total DST points..broken down into 10 pts for points against and 10 pts for total yds. As points and yards are yielded by my defense, DST points are deducted from these buckets up to 30 pts and 300 yds....if these threshholds are hit...0 DST points are possible. Also, junk points can be accumlated for Defensive TDs (6pts), Special Teams TDs (6 pts), interceptions (2 pts), fumble recoveries (2 pts), and sacks (1 pt).

This is a tough call. Note that I also have Peyton Manning as my QB and a lot of my points will be riding on that game if I play the Indy DST.

Thanks for the advice.

Tough call  - First round playoff matchup against the best team in the league

I can play the Colts DST at JAX or the Giants DST at Philly

At the beginning of each game, we start with 20 total DST points..broken down into 10 pts for points against and 10 pts for total yds. As points and yards are yielded by my defense, DST points are deducted from these buckets up to 30 pts and 300 yds....if these threshholds are hit...0 DST points are possible. Also, junk points can be accumlated for Defensive TDs (6pts), Special Teams TDs (6 pts), interceptions (2 pts), fumble recoveries (2 pts), and sacks (1 pt).

This is a tough call. Note that I also have Peyton Manning as my QB and a lot of my points will be riding on that game if I play the Indy DST.

Thanks for the advice.

1201130[/snapback]

Colts are a top fantasy defense, and the Jags have the backup QB starting. Start the Colts, you won't regret it.

Hello Hugh,

Need your help on picking which QB to use for this week's matchup.

Brunell at Arizona or Favre at Detriot.

Brunell hasn't been doing much of late with Wash. going with the ground game.

Also seen reports of Moss having hamstring problems which can limit his options to go to.

Favre, what else can you say maybe due for big game. Puts it up a bunch of times each game. Maybe easier play with Detriot who's not Chicago.

Need your best guess both are close.

Thanks

12 team Standard Performance League

2 QB Favre, Brunell

4 RB E. James, J. Jones, C. Perry, D. Rhodes

5 WR T. Glenn, M. Harrison, J. Smith, Roy Williams, L.J. Smith

2 PK Rackers, Wilkins

2 D. Chicago, NYJ

Hey Hugh, thanks for your help last week!

Quick WR question for you.

Pick 2 to go along with Harrison please:

J. Smith vs. IND

D. Bennett vs. HOU

Ferguson vs. DET

Mason @ DEN

M. Robinson vs. STL

Jurevicius vs. SF

Thanks again bro!

1201149[/snapback]

Drew Bennett is the best of that bunch.

The other options are all terrible. I think I'd give Smith the nod even with the rookie QB, even against a tough defense, because he's far and away the most talented WR of the bunch.

Hello Hugh,

Need your help on picking which QB to use for this week's matchup.

Brunell at Arizona or Favre at Detriot.

Brunell hasn't been doing much of late with Wash. going with the ground game.

Also seen reports of Moss having hamstring problems which can limit his options to go to.

Favre, what else can you say maybe due for big game.  Puts it up a bunch of times each game.  Maybe easier play with Detriot who's not Chicago.

Need your best guess both are close.

Thanks

12 team Standard Performance League

2 QB Favre, Brunell

4 RB E. James, J. Jones, C. Perry, D. Rhodes

5 WR T. Glenn, M. Harrison, J. Smith, Roy Williams, L.J. Smith

2 PK Rackers, Wilkins

2 D.  Chicago, NYJ

1201166[/snapback]

Favruh all the way.

We start 1 D and right now I have the Bucs which is not bad. My playoff team is a bit weak and I am thinking of grabbing a better D to run with. Here are the options and the matchups for weeks 14, 15 and 16.

Bucs - @CAR(14) @NE(15) ATL(16)

Pats - @BUF(14) TB(15) @NYJ(16)

Dolphins - @SD(14) NYJ(15) TEN(16)

Rams - @MIN(14) PHI(15) SF(16)

I'm leaning towards grabbing the Dolphins for the weeks 15 and 16 games at home to Jets and Titans and then maybe stay with the Bucs for this week. The Rams weeks 15 and 16 matchups both at home to Philly and SF are also tempting. The Pats also look decent at home to Bucs week 15 and at Jets week 16. A little help here please.

We start 1 D and right now I have the Bucs which is not bad. My playoff team is a bit weak and I am thinking of grabbing a better D to run with. Here are the options and the matchups for weeks 14, 15 and 16.

Bucs - @CAR(14) @NE(15) ATL(16)

Pats - @BUF(14) TB(15) @NYJ(16)

Dolphins - @SD(14) NYJ(15) TEN(16)

Rams - @MIN(14) PHI(15) SF(16)

I'm leaning towards grabbing the Dolphins for the weeks 15 and 16 games at home to Jets and Titans and then maybe stay with the Bucs for this week. The Rams weeks 15 and 16 matchups both at home to Philly and SF are also tempting. The Pats also look decent at home to Bucs week 15 and at Jets week 16. A little help here please.

1201187[/snapback]

I wouldn't consider the Pats, mainly because of their poor passing defense, and 2 road games.

I like the 'Phins. SD's tough, so start the Bucs this week, but then at home against Bollinger and the inept Jets, followed by the WR-less Titans. Good option.

Hey Hugh, Not sure if you'll get this far, but I'll give you a shot.

QB Brad Johnson vs STL - at home, indoors and hot ... but efficient.

Hassleback vs SF - run all day?

Also, I have Harrison and Porter starting. Need one more (I know, It blows):

Jerivicius vs SF - Same problem with Hass

DJax vs SF - Limited role

Curtis @ Minn - Fitz doesn't throw to him

Mush @ Pitt - Tough D and poss hand injury

Thanks in advance.

Hey Hugh!

This week, short and sweet, I promise. :D

WDIS at 2nd RB slot?

10 yards = 1 pt

TD = 6pts

Xtra pnts for long yardage TDs

T Bell vs Ravens - Will he get his touches? Hard to say.

R Droughns @ Bengals - Will they run him much, since they will likely be playing catchup? Won't Cincy stack the box bcse of Frye?

TJ Duckett vs Saints - on MNF... this is who I am thinking at this point. It's a gamble though, but in short yardage against this D, he'll steal goalline from Dunn I think.

K Jones @ Packers - What a bust! With the interim coach, will Jones get his 20 touches? Will he even play? Hasn't the Pack been pretty good on D, especially at Lambeau?

You da man, Hugh!!

Still answering questions Hugh?

Round 1 of the playoffs. Who do you like this weekend...Warner or McNair?

Warner at home vs Washington

McNair at home vs Houston

Thanks

Edited by Sam

I need to pick one of these 4 RB's to start alongside my #1 RB Tomlinson... which one of these guys should I start?

1) Fred Taylor v. IND (might be healthy enough to start this week, but facing a tough Colts Defense)

2) Greg Jones v. IND (could get most of the carries if Fragile is still hurt, but not as talented and also facing that tough Defense)

3) Ronnie Brown @ SD (splits carries evenly with Ricky, and facing a tough SD run Defense)

4) Ricky Williams @ SD (splits carries but finds the endzone more often than Brown, but still facing a tough run Defense)

Hi Hugh...

I have looked through all questions and have not

seen any with my situation...Here goes:

QB: Warner vs. WAS or Brad J vs. STL ???

RB: Tiki and Alexander (set)

WR: Plax, Housh, Boldin with A Johnson (Who to sit???)

TE: Shockey

Def: CIN

Thanks for any direction here!!...

shelli

Performance, points for passing yardage

Performance League:

.1 pt per 1 yd rushing / receiving.

6 pts per td.

1 pt for every 3 receptions.

W. Parker vs CHI Rush 'D' of 7.

or

G. Jones sharing carries with fragile Fred vs IN Rush 'D' of 9.

or

A. Toomer vs PHL Pass 'D' of 17.

I am leaning towards W. Parker.

If Gado last week vs CHi got 75 yds 1 TD - hopefully FWP can, if Bettis doesn't get goal line?