[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One for the fans of lawyers

Ursa Majoris

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a stupid lawsuit. Stupid lawsuits dont win.

Most classic case: Women spills hot coffee on herself at a McDonalds drive thru. She sues for millions, claiming the coffee was hot. She wins. :D

I can go on, and on if I really wanted to. All it would take is looking through archives of all the different cases that go on in the United States.

No you couldn't.

I doubt that you know jacksh*t about lawsuits or the legal system.

:D *Sigh*

Furd you have a lot to learn don't you? Are you sexually frustrated at home? I have a feeling what I had just mentioned wasn't really the basis behind your anger... at any rate, I just got finished taking several political science classes, and of course an introduction to law course.

Nice try though. :D

Most classic case: Women spills hot coffee on herself at a McDonalds drive thru. She sues for millions, claiming the coffee was hot. She wins. :D

The 80 year old woman who spilled the coffee got 3rd degree burns all over her groin area, had to have skin grafts, and was in the hospital for several days. McDonald's outright refused to pay her medical bills, so she sued. And she didn't win millions, McDonald's appealed the decision and the total was lowered significantly.

:D *Sigh*

Furd you have a lot to learn don't you? Are you sexually frustrated at home? I have a feeling what I had just mentioned wasn't really the basis behind your anger... at any rate, I just got finished taking several political science classes, and of course an introduction to law course.

Nice try though. :D

If this is :D then :tup: ... if not ... :doh:

Edited by darin3

It was a class action suit, and the decision found that the company willfully lied about the contents of their menu.

Can you lie unwillfully?...<insert Bush joke>

If I see some something frying in lard, I am going to go ahead and assume it isnt healthy and probably contains some parts of a beast that I dont really want to know about. But thats just me, and is it too late to get in on that scam, ur, I mean lawsuit?

This is a stupid lawsuit. Stupid lawsuits dont win.

I can go on, and on if I really wanted to. All it would take is looking through archives of all the different cases that go on in the United States.

I don't remember the exact case so give me the benefit or clarify for me... but what about the guy who bought an RV and went out for a drive and engaged the cruise control, left the area by the steering wheel to go to the back of the RV for something. He thought the RV was going to drive itself, well it drove off the highway and crashed into a ditch. The guy sued the RV company for not putting in the manual that you couldn't leave the steering wheel unattended when in cruise control as it can't drive by itself. He won, got a brand new RV and millions for pain, suffering, medical, etc. :D

Here I found something:

The Stella Awards

Courtesy Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union monthly newsletter: "The Defender"

The Stellas are named after 81 year old Stella Liebeck who spilled coffee on herself and successfully sued McDonalds. This case inspired the Stella Awards for the most frivolous successful lawsuits in the U.S.A. Some of the 2002 nominees are:

Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas, was awarded $780,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store.

The owners of the store were understandably surprised at the verdict, considering the misbehaving little toddler was Ms. Robertson's SON!!

19 year old Carl Truman of Los Angeles won $74,000 and medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord.

Mr. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to STEAL his neighbor's HUBCAPS!!!

Jerry Williams of Little Rock, Arkansas, was awarded $14,500 and medical expenses after being bitten on the arse by his next door neighbor's beagle. The beagle, by the way, was on a chain in its owner's yard.

The award was less than sought because the jury felt the dog might have been just a little provoked at the time by Mr. Williams.... who just happened to be SHOOTING it REPEATEDLY with a pellet gun!!!

Now, I have to admit, I give a standing ovation to this gentleman, the grand prize winner of this year's Stella Award. Mr. Merv Grazinski of Oklahoma City redefined stupidity in earning this award.

Mr. Grazinski purchased a brand new 32 foot Winnebago motor home. On his first trip home, having drive on the freeway, he calmly set the cruise control to 70 mph and LEFT THE DRIVER'S SEAT to go into the back and make himself a cup of coffee.

Editor's note: YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!!!

Not surprisingly, the R.V. left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Mr. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising him in the owner's manual that he couldn't actually do this! The jury awarded him $1,750,000 PLUS a new motorhome! The company actually changed their manuals on the basis of this lawsuit, just in case there were any other complete morons buying their RV's.

Edited by irish

The company actually changed their manuals on the basis of this lawsuit, just in case there were any other complete morons buying their RV's.[/b]

Most of the time if you see a manual with some weird phrase in it like this, it is from another weird lawsuit such as this one. There are very stupid people out there, but those stupid people somehow cash in with certain lawsuits.

Here I found something:

The Stella Awards

Courtesy Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union monthly newsletter: "The Defender"

The Stellas are named after 81 year old Stella Liebeck who spilled coffee on herself and successfully sued McDonalds. This case inspired the Stella Awards for the most frivolous successful lawsuits in the U.S.A. Some of the 2002 nominees are:

Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas, was awarded $780,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store.

The owners of the store were understandably surprised at the verdict, considering the misbehaving little toddler was Ms. Robertson's SON!!

19 year old Carl Truman of Los Angeles won $74,000 and medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord.

Mr. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to STEAL his neighbor's HUBCAPS!!!

Jerry Williams of Little Rock, Arkansas, was awarded $14,500 and medical expenses after being bitten on the arse by his next door neighbor's beagle. The beagle, by the way, was on a chain in its owner's yard.

The award was less than sought because the jury felt the dog might have been just a little provoked at the time by Mr. Williams.... who just happened to be SHOOTING it REPEATEDLY with a pellet gun!!!

Now, I have to admit, I give a standing ovation to this gentleman, the grand prize winner of this year's Stella Award. Mr. Merv Grazinski of Oklahoma City redefined stupidity in earning this award.

Mr. Grazinski purchased a brand new 32 foot Winnebago motor home. On his first trip home, having drive on the freeway, he calmly set the cruise control to 70 mph and LEFT THE DRIVER'S SEAT to go into the back and make himself a cup of coffee.

Editor's note: YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!!!

Not surprisingly, the R.V. left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Mr. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising him in the owner's manual that he couldn't actually do this! The jury awarded him $1,750,000 PLUS a new motorhome! The company actually changed their manuals on the basis of this lawsuit, just in case there were any other complete morons buying their RV's.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear......

Edit: GTS beat me to it, but I used a different site. :oldrazz:

Edited by Ursa Majoris

If I see some something frying in lard, I am going to go ahead and assume it isnt healthy and probably contains some parts of a beast that I dont really want to know about. But thats just me, and is it too late to get in on that scam, ur, I mean lawsuit?

It wasn't just vegans, it was people who don't eat beef. Hindi people were the ones who filed the lawsuit, and the company settled out of court before it even got to trial, probably as a result of the bad publicity it received.

Some hippie website:

But this denial provoked another unexpected development. Hindu nationalists in India, upon hearing about McDonald’s statement, were furious, and protests were launched at various McDonald’s restaurants. At some sites, the protests were peaceful; at others, they turned ugly, with windows broken and a statue of Ronald McDonald smeared with cow dung.

I don't remember the exact case so give me the benefit or clarify for me... but what about the guy who bought an RV and went out for a drive and engaged the cruise control, left the area by the steering wheel to go to the back of the RV for something. He thought the RV was going to drive itself, well it drove off the highway and crashed into a ditch. The guy sued the RV company for not putting in the manual that you couldn't leave the steering wheel unattended when in cruise control as it can't drive by itself. He won, got a brand new RV and millions for pain, suffering, medical, etc. :D

Hey, I asked for the benefit of the doubt and for anyone to clarify. Did you forget to read the fine print? I'm suing you for the pain and suffering I'm experiences after you called my emails, which was a yahoo search, stupid. :tup: Will you represent me in my pursuit to sue you? We can make history. :D

Prove it.

I'm sure you are privvy to alot more examples of the stupid people winning frivolous lawsuits than we mere mortals of the legal world. Come on fill us in. :D