[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Classy

keggerz

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One point (and then I'm going to stop keeping up) - the little league slaughter rule isn't to teach the winning team respectfulness, it's to (a) keep an obviously overwhelmed team from getting hurt and (:D show the losing team a bit of mercy and © it keeps the games from going long (don't kid yourself, that's the big reason they do it in Ftball and baseball - field time is limited for games and you get a team scoring 8 TD's it slows the game up, as does a 12 run inning)

Can tell you this having played in slaughter-rules leagues as long as 25 yrs ago - it doesn't team respect - it teaches "let's slaugher-rule them" - which is fine. Having been on the other side as well, there was no feeling of "this helps my respect level" but there was a feeling of "good - this damn game is over".

Again as with the wash game I'll also say this - stop focusing on the Pats scoring on every possesion (which is simply the goal) and start focusing on having your own possession each time and NOT scoring....then maybe you won't be down 32 pts after 35 minutes...

One point (and then I'm going to stop keeping up) - the little league slaughter rule isn't to teach the winning team respectfulness, it's to (a) keep an obviously overwhelmed team from getting hurt and (:Dshow the losing team a bit of mercy and © it keeps the games from going long (don't kid yourself, that's the big reason they do it in Ftball and baseball - field time is limited for games and you get a team scoring 8 TD's it slows the game up, as does a 12 run inning)

There's a reason that it's called the "mercy rule", and not the "this game is taking too long rule."

Hugh Douglas is a saint in New England.

because he knocked out Bledsoe?

I mean please tell me that is why Hugh Freakin Douglas is a SAINT in NE.

everyone else stay out of this one :D

[bandwagonfan]I dont even know who mo lewis is [/bandwagonfan]:D

Edited by keggerz

Respect is not running up the score on your opponent, when you have them clearly beat. Respect is not stealing defensive teams signals, and losing a 1st round pick for cheating. Sorry, we know what respect is, maybe its you that is clueless to the definition.

Sgt. Ryan you are always talking about Spygate and the Pats cheating but you always forget that Dallas did the same thing but just didnt get caught. Jimmy Johnson said he use to do it as did alot of other teams...........So do you not Respect your Dallas Cowboys?

Vince Lombardi?

I don't recall Lombardi going for it on fourth down when they were blowing the Bears out (although there was plenty of back-and-forth between him and Halas).

Name one other coach that has coached his team to this level of focus and this level of dominance.

Bill Walsh and Chuck Noll.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Obviously the Gods are shining on Boston sports right now . Its going to hurt when the Colts knock them out of the playoffs but watching this run is awesome..The undefeated season looks inevitable

because he knocked out Bledsoe?

I mean please tell me that is why Hugh Freakin Douglas is a SAINT in NE.

everyone else stay out of this one :D

[bandwagonfan]I dont even know who mo lewis is [/bandwagonfan]:D

Yes because he knocked out Bledsoe. Should the situation arise in New England and Brady gets knocked out on a legitimate play the Def player who performs this act will be a hero. amirite?

Yes because he knocked out Bledsoe. Should the situation arise in New England and Brady gets knocked out on a legitimate play the Def player who performs this act will be a hero. amirite?

:D

Obviously the Gods are shining on Boston sports right now . Its going to hurt when the Colts knock them out of the playoffs but watching this run is awesome..The undefeated season looks inevitable

The New England Revolution lost there game for the MLS cup yesterday and the Celtics lost there first of the season. :D