[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hero or Murderer?

H8tank

Hero or Murderer?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Hero or Murderer?

• Hero!
    • Murderer!!!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if yelled

Leeeeeeeerroooooooy Jeeeenkkinnnss

as he put down the phone and exited the house?

Now that would have put it all into perspective right there.

I have a radar gun, and feel it is my god-given right as an American, and my responsibility as a man, to pull over and kill irresponsible drivers. Something has to be done. I am a hero.

If it's a drunk driver begging to pass out while driving and kill someone else, sure, go right on ahead and do your duty as a citizen. Stupid people don't belong here anyway. They usually just end up killing themselves and others with their stupidity.

NOTE: for all intensive purposes, and because I don't want a lawsuit to deal with, don't kill anyone without asking the police first. Just like the hero did who is in the youtube video. :D

If it's a drunk driver begging to pass out while driving and kill someone else, sure, go right on ahead and do your duty as a citizen. Stupid people don't belong here anyway. They usually just end up killing themselves and others with their stupidity.

NOTE: for all intensive purposes, and because I don't want a lawsuit to deal with, don't kill anyone without asking the police first. Just like the hero did who is in the youtube video. :D

It's not just drunk drivers, but speeders and illegal lane changes, and all that stuff. That's breaking the law, as certainly as stealing stuff, right?

And, when the cops tell me emphatically, "No. Don't kill those people," and I do it anyway, I'll still be a hero, right?

Your hero did have an intensive purpose.

It's not just drunk drivers, but speeders and illegal lane changes, and all that stuff. That's breaking the law, as certainly as stealing stuff, right?

And, when the cops tell me emphatically, "No. Don't kill those people," and I do it anyway, I'll still be a hero, right?

If you feel like changing a lane without a blinker is just as bad as someone going into your home while you are gone, rummaging through all of your personal belongings, and then taking the one's they deem $worthy$, then sure, do it anyway. You'll be a hero in someone's eyes, I'm sure of it.

If you feel like changing a lane without a blinker is just as bad as someone going into your home while you are gone, rummaging through all of your personal belongings, and then taking the one's they deem $worthy$, then sure, do it anyway. You'll be a hero in someone's eyes, I'm sure of it.

So, basically, what you're implying is that it's cool to kill somebody over some stuff... not even your stuff, just some stuff. Because it seems we've established that, in your opinion, simply breaking the law is not automatically a killing offense. Only if the perps are taking some stuff. Kids shoplifting candy bars has been mentioned, is that sufficient grounds for killing?

So, basically, what you're implying is that it's cool to kill somebody over some stuff... not even your stuff, just some stuff. Because it seems we've established that, in your opinion, simply breaking the law is not automatically a killing offense. Only if the perps are taking some stuff. Kids shoplifting candy bars has been mentioned, is that sufficient grounds for killing?

If someone invades my home with the attempt to (a) cause harm to me or my family, or (b.) forcefully take my personal property from me, then yes, I should be able to defend myself and my property. In a store/retail environment, however, there is a reasonable amount of risk assumed when opening your own business to all aspects of society. Knowing this risk disables the ability to use force when/ if someone steals from you, primarily because you've willingly opened yourself to this liability. When I purchase a home, with the intent that only I or those I allow in my home will inhabit, then it's a whole different ball game when/ if someone wants to break into my house and forcefully take my things.

If someone invades my home with the attempt to (a) cause harm to me or my family, or (b.) forcefully take my personal property from me, then yes, I should be able to defend myself and my property.

How about if it's not your home or your property?

If someone invades my home with the attempt to (a) cause harm to me or my family, or (b.) forcefully take my personal property from me, then yes, I should be able to defend myself and my property. In a store/retail environment, however, there is a reasonable amount of risk assumed when opening your own business to all aspects of society. Knowing this risk disables the ability to use force when/ if someone steals from you, primarily because you've willingly opened yourself to this liability. When I purchase a home, with the intent that only I or those I allow in my home will inhabit, then it's a whole different ball game when/ if someone wants to break into my house and forcefully take my things.

Which might have nada to do with the specific instance originally posted.

This guy was watching the dirtbags loot his neighbor's (deserted, I think) house. He shot them for burglary, not defending his own property.

EDIT: apparently from driveby's link, he is now claiming it was self-defense and on his property. But the 911 call sure doesn't sound like it.

I once killed a man just to watch him die.

I hear the train a comin'

It's rolling round the bend

And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when,

I'm stuck in Folsom prison, and time keeps draggin' on

But that train keeps a rollin' on down to San Antone..

When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son,

Always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns.

But I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die

When I hear that whistle blowing, I hang my head and cry..

I bet there's rich folks eating in a fancy dining car

They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars.

Well I know I had it coming, I know I can't be free

But those people keep a movin'

And that's what tortures me...

Well if they freed me from this prison,

If that railroad train was mine

I bet I'd move it on a little farther down the line

Far from Folsom prison, that's where I want to stay

And I'd let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away.....

How about if it's not your home or your property?
This guy was watching the dirtbags loot his neighbor's (deserted, I think) house. He shot them for burglary, not defending his own property.

EDIT: apparently from driveby's link, he is now claiming it was self-defense and on his property. But the 911 call sure doesn't sound like it.

Excellent point(s). I am sure there is a lot more information and evidence that will be presented to the jury on this case, but I probably did get a little off topic. It wasn't this guy's own home that he was protecting, and given the circumstances, the man did appear to head out the door with his shotgun with the full understanding that he is likely to shoot these guys rather than let them go. However, he may have saved himself a more severe punishment by yelling to the burgler's not to make a move on him or he'll shoot.... but then only seconds later he started firing away at these guys. Obviously I don't know the full circumstances of this case, but as an indirect observer, I'd say two thieves (who were probably likely to steal again, and again, and again) are no longer able to do so. The man will probably receive some form of punishment because he acted against the wishes of a higher authority, and because the police could have very well caught the men and lawfully punished them accordingly. But the fact is he did appear to have sincere intentions to stop two men from stealing from a neighbor. He just went about it in an extreme way.

Oh for godsakes. The very fact that we're arguing about what is and isn't appropriate grounds for when we can shoot someone is exactly why this nutjob needs to go to jail. As a society, we've already determined what you can be shot for and more importantly, who's freaking in charge of doing the shooting.

Anyone playing the "two less thugs on the streets" card How are you not concerned about "one more idiot with a gun who bothered to call 911, was not in danger, specifically told not to leave his house or shoot these people, and did anyway'?

Last I checked, looting someone's house was not punishable by death.