[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dad shoots son....thought he was a Turkey? Sad..son died.

TheShiznit

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's got to be stupidity. We have wild turkeys come up and practically eat out of your hand. There is absolutely no skill in hunting them whatsoever. It must be like hunting a dog or a cat. Stupid people are everywhere.

Hunting must be an excuse for you city slickers to come out to the country, dress up in play camo, and ignore our "No Trespassing and Hunting" signs we've got posted everywhere because we don't wanna hear your shooting at anything that moves. Dumbasses.

You sir are an idiot.

Edited by Hat Trick

Absolutely tragic, you never ever leave your kid in a situation like this. Know your target, the guy shot at first movement I'd imagine. When hunting with children you are out there more to teach them the basics, not moving around trying to stalk game. This family is going through a tough time, no need to bash the father :wacko:

Absolutely tragic, you never ever leave your kid in a situation like this. Know your target, the guy shot at first movement I'd imagine. When hunting with children you are out there more to teach them the basics, not moving around trying to stalk game. This family is going through a tough time, no need to bash the father :wacko:

Of course, it was just an "accident". Screw the father, what about the mother? The only thing she did wrong was give some half wit a baby.

This family is going through a tough time, no need to bash the father :wacko:

That's a weak cop out. Just because he killed his own kid instead of someone else's doesn't make his actions any less wrong. Would you have the same attitude if he'd shot your kid while you were hunting, instead of his own? I doubt it.

You sir are an idiot.

This is a cop out too. As a former hunter, (really don't get it now that I've grown up), I can assure you that TC probably has lots of a-holes dressed like "f'ing bushes" trespassing on his property to kill the wildlife. I'm sure your a responsible hunter HT and thats all good, but this post was lame (although I agree with you on the turkeys are easy to harvest point, they are tough SOBs). But I'd still never kill one...just sayin'. Ever considered photography?

That's a weak cop out. Just because he killed his own kid instead of someone else's doesn't make his actions any less wrong. Would you have the same attitude if he'd shot your kid while you were hunting, instead of his own? I doubt it.

Exactly. Had he shot someone else's kid he would be standing trial. I still don't get how you shoot your kid at 20 yards. It's not that far. You could probably read the cover of a book from that distance. Either he's the most incompetent father on the planet or something fishy is going on.

This is a cop out too. As a former hunter, (really don't get it now that I've grown up), I can assure you that TC probably has lots of a-holes dressed like "f'ing bushes" trespassing on his property to kill the wildlife. I'm sure your a responsible hunter HT and thats all good, but this post was lame (although I agree with you on the turkeys are easy to harvest point, they are tough SOBs). But I'd still never kill one...just sayin'. Ever considered photography?

Pictures don't taste so good. Wild turkey is some awesome table fare.

Of course, it was just an "accident". Screw the father, what about the mother? The only thing she did wrong was give some half wit a baby.

No comment

I never said what he didn't do wasn;t wrong, it was an accident (as best we know) and let's not judge him not ever having a VERY bad lapse in judgement.

Sorry, but I take offense to someone calling me a dumbass for being a hunter. Wild Turkeys do not and would not ever come up and eat out of someones hand, they may become a little domesticated, but they are a very wily animal. There is absolute skill in hunting them and TimC is an idiot for his post, theres no cop-out there in my statement.

"Hunting must be an excuse for you city slickers to come out to the country, dress up in play camo, and ignore our "No Trespassing and Hunting" signs we've got posted everywhere because we don't wanna hear your shooting at anything that moves. Dumbasses. "

I wanted to tell him to F OFF, he looks like a skinny little biatch that couldn't handle the country, but i refrained and called him what his post showed him to be. I have 500 acres that's been in my family for overr a century and I take wildlife and hunting very seriously. I'd like to transform my land into a hunting resort, that's my dream that I plan to become a reality when I retire.

Exactly. Had he shot someone else's kid he would be standing trial. I still don't get how you shoot your kid at 20 yards. It's not that far. You could probably read the cover of a book from that distance. Either he's the most incompetent father on the planet or something fishy is going on.

What he did was irresponsible and yet we still don't know exactly how it happened, the description was vague. I feel for the guy as he got caught up in his hunt and wasn't using proper judgement. For the record I have 8 and 4 year old sons who already share my passion and they are being taught everything about hunting, theres a right way and a wrong way to do everything. Everyones opinion is different, but I love taking my boys in the woods with me and showing them this other world that exists that doesn't consume our everyday lives.........YET :wacko:

I'm passionate.

Hawt Chick...you win at the innernets. :wacko:

If you really own 500 acres, then you'd know what I was saying about the people trespassing. I guess it's easier to call names. It's scary you breed.

I think its pretty clear to see why you can't breed :D

What he did was irresponsible and yet we still don't know exactly how it happened, the description was vague. I feel for the guy as he got caught up in his hunt and wasn't using proper judgement. For the record I have 8 and 4 year old sons who already share my passion and they are being taught everything about hunting, theres a right way and a wrong way to do everything. Everyones opinion is different, but I love taking my boys in the woods with me and showing them this other world that exists that doesn't consume our everyday lives.........YET :D

I'm passionate.

and what could possibly be healthier than instilling a "passion" for killing defenseless animals in young children :D

:wacko:

and what could possibly be healthier than instilling a "passion" for killing defenseless animals in young children :D

Ever turned on a can opener and had your dog and/or cat come running and explain to the kiddies that you could pop a cap in their ass right now if you wanted to? Yeah, it's kinda like that.

Cows, chickens, pigs etc...... the list goes on, they're all defenseless.

Out of curiosity, if Hat eats what he kills...is that ok.

hat can do whatever the f*ck he wants, it's still a free country (sort of). for me personally, I do see a difference between killing for food and killing for sport. but most hunters, even those who eat their kills, are still killing primarily for sport. I mean, they don't get out in the woods sit there for 8 hours waiting for bambi to walk by because they are hungry, they do it because they think it's fun blowing away unsuspecting creatures. eating it or not eating it really isn't the issue, IMO, rather it is the motivation behind killing them.

I can't imagine what the dad is going through right now.

Hopefully he is on his way to see the optometrist to get his vision checked. Plain stupidity...

That may be the case in your little suburbia where y'all pretend its the country and

regularly feed the wildlife. I assure you that is not the case with truly wild turkeys. Anytime your up this way, I'd be more than happy to take you out to see if you could get closer than 1/2 a mile from a wild turkey without dressing like "an f'n bush".

By the by, the guy is an idiot and there is no excuse for not properly identifying your target, 20 yards or 200 yards.

+1

We have 4 or 5 wild turkeys walk through the woods behind us every night. Deer, hen and everything you can imagine. I could shoot 'em whenever I want to by sitting on mah back porch. I guarantee ya the hundreds of acres of oaks and farmland behind me ain't suburbia.

People just can't admit it ain't a sport. It's more of a wait until they walk around ya. :lmao:

I don't know where you live, but the fact that they come around your house is because they are very smart animals and know you aren't gonna shoot them. Start shooting them and I guarantee they won't come around again. Turkey hunting is one of THE most difficult forms of hunting out there. Just learning how to use a Turkey call is an art form in itself. If sitting for 8 hours using a turkey call to lure wild turkeys isn't considered a sport, no matter what you kill it with, then ALL outdoor activities aren't sports either.

I mean, they don't get out in the woods sit there for 8 hours waiting for bambi to walk by because they are hungry, they do it because they think it's fun blowing away unsuspecting creatures. eating it or not eating it really isn't the issue, IMO, rather it is the motivation behind killing them.

:wacko: Bambi was a fawn. We kill the parents. Get your facts straight. Ever been fishing?

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

hat can do whatever the f*ck he wants, it's still a free country (sort of). for me personally, I do see a difference between killing for food and killing for sport. but most hunters, even those who eat their kills, are still killing primarily for sport. I mean, they don't get out in the woods sit there for 8 hours waiting for bambi to walk by because they are hungry, they do it because they think it's fun blowing away unsuspecting creatures. eating it or not eating it really isn't the issue, IMO, rather it is the motivation behind killing them.

Actually theres many reasons I hunt and being of sport is one of them, but eating into my profits, keeping them from overpopulating and other reasons also are on the list.

I actually donate most of my venison to a family that is poor and I pretty much put food on their table year round. I keep my turkeys for Thanksgiving feasts or large gatherings. I've explained all of this before, but you all are going to have your view an opinion on the matter and I don;t expect to change anyone or ask that anyone understands either. To each their own....I just don;t appreciate the approach by some, shows their ignorance cause they ahevn;t a clue what they are talking about :wacko: