[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cajun Vampires and Were-spaniels

cre8tiff

Someone posted somewhere, must have been this thead but I am too lazy to look it up, that they showed previews for next season. Is that true? Did they indeed show that Bill Compton was killed? Or are we just thinking that maybe he was killed based on the last minute of the show?

I didn't see any previews, and I even watched it into that yawnfest known as Hung.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see any previews, and I even watched it into that yawnfest known as Hung.

Hung is currently or at least was a few weeks ago the #3 show on HBO right now behind Trueblood and Sopranos for total viewers/fan base in history. Trueblood has already exceeded The Sopranos

I like Hung, it's a different kind of writing but well put together.

Hung is currently or at least was a few weeks ago the #3 show on HBO right now behind Trueblood and Sopranos for total viewers/fan base in history. Trueblood has already exceeded The Sopranos

My wife says it's clearly written for women. :wacko:

Sorry, flip flopped my data:

Sopranos – season 6

14.2 MM viewers

True Blood – season 2

11.4 MM viewers

Sex and the City – season 6

10.3MM viewers

Hung – season 1

9.5MM viewers

Entourage – season 6

8.1MM viewers

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Saw a promo for the new season today featuring a werewolf. They are going for the "looks like a real wolf, but with evil glowing eyes" path. :wacko: Too bad.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed as well. Probably didn't have enough jack in the budget to go bad-ass werewolf.

Saw a promo for the new season today featuring a werewolf. They are going for the "looks like a real wolf, but with evil glowing eyes" path. :wacko: Too bad.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed as well. Probably didn't have enough jack in the budget to go bad-ass werewolf.

I would assume they took that route because that's how they are in the books

• 3 weeks later...
Got to admit I was a little disappointed. It seemed like too scattered to me.

What the hell was the deal with the Sam's dream.

I thought it was OK, though

I wanted to see more of a fight between Bill and the wolves. The dream was because he had drunk Bill's blood. Like what Sookie was dreaming about Eric. I liked watching the post mortem afterward and the discussion about the werewolf design. Of course they didn't mention using wolves as actors was MUCH cheaper!

Edited by cre8tiff

I had to work Sunday so I just got the chance to see this on demand last night. I thought it was a solid first episode. True Blood has a great knack for slipping in very funny one liners among all the drama and violence. My favorite was

When the Kidnappers had bill in the car and they were all drinking his blood. They all started freaking out and enjoying the effects of the V. The one guy in the back has his shirt off and he is trippin out feeling his own nipples. The guy in the front cant reach bill and get any V. So another guy suggests that one of them suck blood out of bill and spit it in the guy in the fronts mouth. So the one guy says "That would be gay" and the other guy said" Oh yeah but pinching your nipples in a car full of dudes isnt ? "

:wacko:

Got to admit I was a little disappointed. It seemed like too scattered to me.

What the hell was the deal with the Sam's dream.

My wife was as well, I wasn't basically it's an episode to set up the storylines for the whole season. I seem to remember episode 1 last year being a little slow and/or "scattered" as well

Episode 2 was decent. Nothing spectacular. I see the were's are going to be a big storyline. From a marketing aspect I assume its a good move and the stories are usually so good that you dont really notice but does anyone get the impression that TB is starting to load up each episode and make alot of the new charecters these buff dudes for the ladies ? I am on the True Blood page on facebook and its basically not enjoyable anymore because they rarely talk about the show and just talk about who is hotter Eric or Bill etc. It seems HBO has their ear to the ground as far as that goes.

It was great to see Godric again

. Ive said it before . Eric brings the action. Whenever he is in a scene its pretty intense and edgy. So far the show is off to a decent start. Entertaining but not blowing me away.

I thought it was cool how Bill kicked ass on all the werewolfs in the beginning

Episode 2 was decent. Nothing spectacular. I see the were's are going to be a big storyline. From a marketing aspect I assume its a good move and the stories are usually so good that you dont really notice but does anyone get the impression that TB is starting to load up each episode and make alot of the new charecters these buff dudes for the ladies ? I am on the True Blood page on facebook and its basically not enjoyable anymore because they rarely talk about the show and just talk about who is hotter Eric or Bill etc. It seems HBO has their ear to the ground as far as that goes.

It was great to see Godric again

. Ive said it before . Eric brings the action. Whenever he is in a scene its pretty intense and edgy. So far the show is off to a decent start. Entertaining but not blowing me away.

I thought it was cool how Bill kicked ass on all the werewolfs in the beginning

I agree with all of that.

It was surprising that Bill just wiped the floor with those werewolves. I would think he would have been at a disadvantage. They clearly showed the wolves were as fast or faster than him (they ran him down), but I guess the vampires, even though in human form, outgun the wolves. Or was that just to demonstrate that Bill is just that much of a badass, despite constantly being cowed by Eric and the Queen. I think they could just throwaway Tara, but the Lafayette story line looks to be arching toward some sort of trist with the Jesus guy.

And yes, it does seem to be moving more toward showing the male bod as much as the female.

• 4 weeks later...

I am liking this season. A lot of twists and some good new characters. Bill is having a very violent and intense season so far. The weres have been interesting but havent really blown me away as far as what they have added to the show. I friggin love the flashbacks

Last weeks episode when Eric flashed back to when the vamp king killed his family was an awesome set up to him seeking revenge.

A few storylines that are sort of weak. Sam and his family. I love sam. One of my favorites on the show. Unless this unfolds into something good it is a lull in the show

Jasons character has taken on a pretty corny role now. I still like him but the whole Andy jason buddy storyline and him being a cop thing is a little corny.

What is with jasons new girl from the last episode ? Is she in the books ? Is she supernatural ?

All in all a very enjoyable show that I really look forward to every week

I think Arlenes baby isnt Terrys and is going to be some sort of supernatural thing

Just a guess. Are you guys liking this season ? Beats the hell out of that maenad fiasco of season 2

Edited by whomper