[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

like groundhog day every time I see this headline

Azazello1313

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone makes a point that liberals don't like, rather than argue the point they attack the person that made it. Getting to be pretty typical.

:D

That is so patently false, I am actually surprised. You have always been alarmist, but not part of the blatant lie crowd until now.

Regan grew the deficit

Bush 1 grew the deficit

Clinton created a surplus

Bush 2 wiped out the surplus, and grew the deficit

Obama grew the deficit (so far).

So 4 ouf of 5 of recent presidents grew the deficit and 3 of them were Repugs.

http://home.adelphi.edu/sbloch/deficits.html

How's the purple sky on your planet? Or are you just being a bald faced liar who knows better? :irishwink:

You've been hanging out with Brentastic again, haven't you Spicoli? :wacko:

You've been hanging out with Brentastic again, haven't you Spicoli? :wacko:

Wait, how am I apart of those quotes? I rarely get involved in political arguments and if I do, I'm an equal oportunity government hater - doesn't matter which party it is, all government sucks at running this country and especially economically.

Wait, how am I apart of those quotes? I rarely get involved in political arguments and if I do, I'm an equal oportunity government hater - doesn't matter which party it is, all government sucks at running this country and especially economically.

I wasn't referencing you as a political source.

I was referencing you as a "midnight toker", hence the Spicoli reference. ;-)

Someone makes a point that liberals don't like, rather than argue the point they attack the person that made it. Getting to be pretty typical.

You just don't bother reading anything that rebuts your views, especially anything factual.

• 1 month later...
I'm surprised you weren't in her bumping this up when they were falling. You're such a good young Republican.

The decrease was a false indicator... propped up by 175K census jobs.

Despite the increase in employment, the Labor Department said that the unemployment rate rose to 9.9 percent in March from an unrevised 9.7 percent in March. The increase came as a surprise to economists, who expected the unemployment rate to remain unchanged.

:wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

New jobless claims up sharply as layoffs persist, raising concerns about recovery's strength

A rise in first-time jobless claims, combined with this week's report that said new home construction plunged in May after government incentives expired, highlighted fears about the strength of the economic rebound.

If layoffs persist, there's a concern that the June employment numbers may show a decline in private-sector jobs after five straight months of gains, said Jennifer Lee, an economist with BMO Capital Markets.

"We've definitely seen the economic recovery hit a wall," Lee said.

First-time jobless claims have hovered near 450,000 since the beginning of the year after falling steadily in the second half of 2009. That has raised concerns that hiring is lackluster and could slow the recovery.

The four-week average for unemployment claims, which smooths volatility, dipped slightly to 463,500. That's down by 3,750 from the start of January.

Kevin Logan, an economist with HSBC Securities, said many economists have been expecting claims to fall below 450,000 for several weeks now.

"The wait is getting longer and longer," said Logan. "As each week goes by, doubts about the underlying strength of the economic expansion grow."

Weatherman and economists are never held accountable for their mistakes...and both run about 75% mistaken.

One of the grand ironies on this whole mess is that we've been asked to count on the same economists, bankers and politicians that got us into this mess to get us out. Predicitably, we're doing more of the same things that got us into this mess and things aren't much better despite spending trillions of dollars. :wacko:

One of the grand ironies on this whole mess is that we've been asked to count on the same economists, bankers and politicians that got us into this mess to get us out. Predicitably, we're doing more of the same things that got us into this mess and things aren't much better despite spending trillions of dollars. :wacko:

There is a reason companies don't hire people that because they went to college for 10 years, they are suddenly experts.