[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A little beer shopping tonight

Puddy

10 gallons of rye PA now in kegs (have to go pick up co2 as it ran out during forced carbonation); co-brewed a Saison and a black IPA over the weekend, and planning on doing a big batch Imp. Stout fermenting about 100 gallons in a wheat whiskey barrel in the next couple weeks.

Trying to pick up a cheap fridge for a keggerator tommorow. Looking at morphing the garage into a man-cave this spring.

What a great time of year for beers!

This weekend went a little overboard, but will be cellaring some. 2 six packs of Full Sail LTD series recipe 5. Semi lager semi IPA semi PA, Very good stuff could be a session beer this summer. Will be picking more up for sure. 2 sixers of SN Bigfoot Barleywine style ale. Love this stuff, very BIG beer here. Glad to see some left. 8 go to the cellar. 2 sixers of Kona KoKo Brown porter. Yummy, hints of chocolate, coffee and coconut. Sweet and rewarding. Will be buying more to cellar. 2 of Redhooks Eisbock 750ml bottles. True ice brewed limited production. Redhooks best offering this year. One will be cellared. Then my daughter brings over 2 sixers of Roque Dead Guy Ale cause she"loves her Dad!". Drank 8 this weekend while smoking a brisket. Love this stuff but don't drink it as much as I would like due to price point and wallet thinning.

Edited by Hugh B Tool

• 2 weeks later...

One of my gateway beers was Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. I really liked it and it opened my eyes even more to something other than Bud Light. Bier has given me a decent amount of grief about it over the years as I sort of gushed about it initially because it was so different from what I was used to at the time. Well for the last couple of months it has been reintroduced into my rotation mixed with Young's Double Chocolate. What a tasty combination!

you know i razz you about that not because sacw is terrible bier (which i do not believe it is), but because it is a terrible bier to hold as your pinnacle. there are so many better fruity ales, lagers, and lambics out there. chocolate and cherry (sacw is a fine mixer) is a great combo. enjoy :wacko:

I pounded through nearly a whole 12 pack of Newcastle yesterday while working on my truck. I feel like taking a nap right now.

Powered through a 12 of Shiner Spring on out with the neighbors yesterday. Good stuff.

Past weekend was the first of the next step. My step-son got a new kegerator so I inherited his old apt. refrig. tap system. Took a few days to clean up and install most of the inner workings, but christened it this past weekend.

Put on a sixtel of Founders Centennial IPA - yum!

Nice to sit on the deck after a day of work and tap a cold one. Going to be only having microbrews on tap. Already thinking about adding a second tap since the fridge can hold two sixtel cans.

Ahhhhh ... beer is good!

Had a Death By Hops from Olde Hickory Brewing Co here in NC tonight. Really tasty stuff!

Had a sample of Loose Caboose Imperial Lager from some place out of Roanoke VA. Kind of lame but I didn't have much hope given the style. You shouldn't be allowed to say "nice hop presence" if you're really just a hot malty mess.

Back from the beer store...today's haul:

Minikeg of Bell's Two Hearted - Excellent IPA - haven't had it in a minikeg yet

Founders Dry Hopped Pale Ale - Haven't tried

Short's Hangin Frank - IPA that I haven't tried

Southern Tier Hop Sun - just opened this...seems like a good summer beer.

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine - haven't tried but heard good things

Young's Double Chocolate (of course)

Back from the beer store...today's haul:

Minikeg of Bell's Two Hearted - Excellent IPA - haven't had it in a minikeg yet

Founders Dry Hopped Pale Ale - Haven't tried

Short's Hangin Frank - IPA that I haven't tried

Southern Tier Hop Sun - just opened this...seems like a good summer beer.

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine - haven't tried but heard good things

Young's Double Chocolate (of course)

Southern Tier should be hitting the state any day now. It's been far too long.

I just cracked open my Dogfish Head Squall. Very nice unfiltered 90 min IPA

I also have a 12 pack of the cleveland beer week collaboration which took far too long to hit the shelves. The Beer Week was October and tax laws and whatnot halted this coming to market.

I'm sure the wet hop IPA has disintegrated somewhat. I'm not a beer judge and unless I had one from 6 months ago to drink side by side, I'm sure it will fare just fine.