[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Katy Perry gets the hook from Sesame Street

buddahj

That she chose that outfit for Sesame Street suggests that even Katy Perry knows that no one would give a rip about Katy Perry if she didnt show her tits and dress/act like a whore...

Frankly, I didn't know who she was until this flap. And now you're making me curious who the hell she is. Mission accomplished, Ms. Perry... I guess.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, I didn't know who she was until this flap. And now you're making me curious who the hell she is. Mission accomplished, Ms. Perry... I guess.

And that's pretty much precisely what I was saying. She is doing what she needs to do to keep herself in the limelight. She is not very talented, so she has to resort to dressing/acting like a slut and creating controversy even when involved with a show for young kids.

If she had any class and any real talent, she would have toned it down and saved that dress for a more adult occasion.

It would be a great way to determine who among us is completely full of crap. That's for sure.

Think about it. We're a bunch of dudes on a Fantasy Football message board. Nearly every one of the women we're talking about are basically sex symbols. Now, from the sounds of things, some around here claim to be able to pull their share. I'll have to take their word for it. However, we're still talking about a bunch of guys on a Fantasy Football message board turning down free, no-strings or broken relationships attached, Hollywood nookie.

Now, this is not to say that there aren't plenty of them that I think are no hotter than plenty of the girls I see walking on campus at UNC. Well, guess what, I wouldn't turn that down either (given the whole free-pass deal, of course).

Just sayin'

I think the wide spectrum of taste/preferences among a diverse bunch of guys is more interesting/potentially hilarious than what they claim they can pull. I know I would rate some celebs much higher than a lot of guys here and vice versa, and I'd be curious to know if anyone has the same kryptonite reaction to another starlet that everyone else says is really hot.

Also I give the Hollywood factor zero relevance in the hit it/wouldn't hit it question. A cute, fun loving college coed is more desirable to me than a neurotic celeb, looks being equal.

Ok mom.

Say what you want. I just think it shows poor taste and a lack of class that a grown woman would go out of her way to dress and act overly sexy on a show geared for kids young enough that they're still learning to count and spell.

If that outfit is presented in front of an adult crowd, I have no problems with it. Look no further than my avi to see I like the TnA as much as anyone else...

That she chose that outfit for Sesame Street suggests that even Katy Perry knows that no one would give a rip about Katy Perry if she didnt show her tits and dress/act like a whore...

I blame Sesame Street for not knowing what they were hiring to have on the show. I mean, Perry is what she is so I am not sure how much we can blame a pig for being a pig. SS should have known better, IMO.

Normally I err on the more conservative side when it comes to what kids get exposed to, but I watched it and I don't see anything overly sexy about the outfit or how she behaved in the video. It was presented in kind of a cartoonish style, that kids aged 2-6 would enjoy as much as watching this chick. Kids that age have no concept of what sex even is, and they see more skin at the beach.

Normally I err on the more conservative side when it comes to what kids get exposed to, but I watched it and I don't see anything overly sexy about the outfit or how she behaved in the video. It was presented in kind of a cartoonish style, that kids aged 2-6 would enjoy as much as watching this chick. Kids that age have no concept of what sex even is, and they see more skin at the beach.

I'd hit Ariel.

I blame Sesame Street for not knowing what they were hiring to have on the show. I mean, Perry is what she is so I am not sure how much we can blame a pig for being a pig. SS should have known better, IMO.

Like a whore? She looked like a figure skater.

Say what you want. I just think it shows poor taste and a lack of class that a grown woman would go out of her way to dress and act overly sexy on a show geared for kids young enough that they're still learning to count and spell.

If that outfit is presented in front of an adult crowd, I have no problems with it. Look no further than my avi to see I like the TnA as much as anyone else...

SS is a TV show, with costume designers. Have you considered the possibility that perhaps the dress was chosen for her to wear by a staffer?

Like a whore? She looked like a figure skater.

and figure skaters have been trying to find ways to dress like whores while still maintaining some level of prime time network TV propriety for years. hence, the whole skin-colored-leotard-that-looks-like-a-neglige phenomenon.

I think bass's point is that sesame street is a pretty lame place to be pushing that line.

Edited by Azazello1313

SS is a TV show, with costume designers. Have you considered the possibility that perhaps the dress was chosen for her to wear by a staffer?

If that was the case, seems odd the show's costumers would outfit her in something that would help get the bit banned, no? :wacko:

And if you're familiar at all with Katy Perry, you know that outfit is right up her alley. I could be wrong, but I think it was all her on that call...

and figure skaters have been trying to find ways to dress like whores while still maintaining some level of prime time network TV propriety for years. hence, the whole skin-colored-leotard-that-looks-like-a-neglige phenomenon.

I think bass's point is that sesame street is a pretty lame place to be pushing that line.

Exactly!

I guess I've always thought that the figure skaters were going for more of a tinkerbell look or something. Mostly because, if they're trying for whore, they're missing the mark big time.

I guess I've always thought that the figure skaters were going for more of a tinkerbell look or something. Mostly because, if they're trying for whore, they're missing the mark big time.

whether you think they look like whores or faeries, point is, they're wearing outfits trying to make it look like they're showing a lot of skin while they are not actually showing skin. and it just seems weird to play that whole game on a show with muppets for 5 year-olds.

whether you think they look like whores or faeries, point is, they're wearing outfits trying to make it look like they're showing a lot of skin while they are not actually showing skin. and it just seems weird to play that whole game on a show with muppets for 5 year-olds.

Maybe they've been experiencing declining ratings and are trying to expand their target demographic beyond 5 year olds.

If we're talking about the crazy 20's/early 30's single version of me, let's say I was out somewhere with a good buzz and she was willing, okay, yes, you got me, her head would hurt from being slammed into my headboard. But I can say with certainty, even putting aside the fact that I'm married and committed, today, age 39, completely sober, no way in hell do I have anything to do with that skank, I don't care if she threw it at me. If all I want is something slippery I can surely find a better looking woman at a bar, even around here. But I can thankfully say those days have passed, being focused on just sheer volume of poontang.

I must be in the minority of guys that finds her just plain nasty, she sure makes it onto the covers of magazines somehow. I think she looks like a corpse.

I'm right there with you, same story for me, though I will say Perry doesn't repulse me... but her face is simply not doing it for me.

JUM

Looked like any number of (tacky) prom or bride's maid dresses. And I don't think her tits are all that great.

Again, I don't think she is a talented singer and I'm not a big fan of her look.... BUT, if you are in to dudes, you can just tell us. You're among friends. Its ok.

*danger* *safe for some workplaces, but they are bikini type pics so judge "work safe" accordingly*

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6