[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Walking Dead on AMC

montster

Well, the characters on the show tend to be f*cking idiots.

Let's put it this way - after the close encounter, I'd have had someone give her a close once-over. After she collapsed, it would be time for a THOROUGH twice-over.

I am a big believer in preventative bondage.

I believe I could knock the top of that fence off with the hatchet they were going to look for, or that I could shoot it off. Then the leg comes right up with little additional damage and that would be much faster than an amputation. They were looking to lower the river rather than raise the bridge.

I find it funny that Olive Oyl is goig to manipulate Rick into killing her mistake.

Blondie needs to keep grabbing deputy dogboy by the johnson on a more regular basis if she hopes to control him. It's been a whole episode since he got some. We men have a short attention span, except for virgins and the inexperienced so that counts Glenn out.

Dale is getting tiresome.

Some fairly good stuff this week - the women started to morph from Debbie Downer and Irene Inconsistent to something resembling actual characters, with semi-consistent motivation. The zombie shoving his face through the window was a good effect, as was Hershel, who was full of one-liners ("I CAN shoot, I just prefer not to"; and, well, him telling Shane to shove it wasn't really a one-liner but it WAS great).

EDIT - downside is Daryl seems to be RE-gressing (unless it is going to come out that he has feelings for Carol (who remains worthless) but was so broken up by the whole Sophia-is-a-zombie thing that he went into a shell), Carol and T-Dog are basically just there. Dale may be mostly correct about Shane, but right now I'd be on board with Shane shooting him.

Edited by Chavez

Pretty good episode.

Hershel is really getting with the post-apocalypse thing. "I CAN shoot, I just don't like too."

:wacko:

Agree, the way things are going, we may not see Shane is season 3.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Guessing Rick's kid will interfere with his plans to kill Shane, giving Shane a chance to escape so he can pop up in future episodes. That, or Dale will sacrifice himself by pissing off Shane to save Blondie and Shane runs away in shame.

What's with the catatonic woman back at the farmhouse? Might she have some magic gene that's fighting off some yet to be discovered zombie bite?

Daryl will be gettin' some in the next episode or two.

This is my prediction for the Rick/Shane showdown:

Rick confronts Shane and they fight. Shane gets the better of Rick and right before Shane either stabs him or shoots him, Rick's son Carl shoots and kills Shane.

Edited by cliaz

This is my prediction for the Rick/Shane showdown:

Rick confronts Shane and they fight. Shane gets the better of Rick and right before Shane either stabs him or shoots him, Rick's son Carl shoots and kills Shane.

Warning....spoiler from the graphic novels...

I think you are correct. I read the first part of the graphic novels and this is exactly what happened to Shane but much earlier in the story. Not that the show has to follow the graphic novels.

If Shane strikes out on his own, which I don't think he will, but if he does will the Sheriff's boy stand there shouting "Shane! Come back Shane!"

With a faithful Collie standing beside him, barking.

(I hope that all the Collies haven't been eaten. :wacko: )

Edited by Furd

this season (half season, whatever) is definitely better than the last. maybe it's sacreligious to say so, but it seems like that darabont guy that got canned might have been dragging it down a bit.

I don't watch The Talking Dead, but a buddy of mine does and said that after the fist Feb episode they had Dave Navarro on as the guest. Apparently, instead of talking about the most current episode and staying on topic he moaned about how slow the girl in the barn story was and the producer apparently copped to "we've heard that a lot and we're picking up the pace this half."

Duh.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't see spoiler coding here, so, uh, don't read this if you haven't watched tonight's episode.

I didn't see that ending coming, but it will be interesting to see what happens now that the "voice of reason" has been eliminated.

I'm betting that Daryl's brother Merle is with the group of rapers and pillagers.

Edited by montster
  • Like 1