[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys schedule is down right criminal.

Cowboyz1

NAUgrad, on 20 April 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

I think he's referring to the distance the Cowboys have to travel. They hit the east coast a bunch at the beginning of the season which can be tough, but the opponents overall are not necessarily that difficult. on crack.

Fixed

Can't you see I'm trying to cut down...........

Edited by Cowboyz1

Ok here's how I see this year playing out.

1Sep 5@ NYG8:30 PM EST Must win game to prove they have some fight in em. We can beat the Giants but we just haven't and if we lose here we won't. First game of the season a must win sounds crazy but this game will dictate the rest of the year IMO.

2Sep 16@ SEA4:05 PM EST On the road again to the FAR West after a very emotional game, if we win I believe we have a better chance losing here then if we lose week 1. For if we lose week one panic will already begin to creep into the hallways and fans minds

3Sep 23TB1:00 PM EST If Murray is firing on all cylinders we win this one going away.

4Oct 1CHI8:30 PM EST Don't think the Bears have enough on Offense to get it done and the Defense is a year older. Win

Bye

6Oct 14@ BAL1:00 PM ESTvery tough game here. Coming off a bye which means nothing so far as Garrett and the boys haven't impressed me much as a team that plays well after a bye. Again the Ravens D is yet another year older and it is starting to show. They are a run first team and if we have the run D of early last year then we win this one.

7Oct 21@ CAR1:00 PM EST This may be a big test of our secondary as Cam is the real deal and has reignited Smith. If our Secondary is improved from last year we should win this one.

8Oct 28NYG4:15 PM EST Beating the Giants just once would be a feat but twice would be a hugh step in the postseason direction.

9Nov 4@ ATL8:20 PM EST Atlanta is just.........I just don't worry about them all that much. They just seem to be well............beatable.

10Nov 11@ PHI4:15 PM EST On the road in Philly. Well no way to predict this game at all. So I won't but this game will decide how the stretch run is going to go.

11Nov 18CLE1:00 PM EST Win.

12Nov 22WAS4:15 PM EST Another unpredictable game. All depends on how RGIII is playing.

13Dec 2PHI8:20 PM EST See week 10 but an even bigger game with more at stake.

14Dec 9@ CIN1:00 PM EST In rebiulding mode so we should win this one period.

15Dec 16PIT4:15 PM EST Tough game, we can win this game. Pit another defense that is getting older.

16Dec 23NO1:00 PM EST This game could be the most pivital game of the season. Curious to see how the Saints play without Sean.

17Dec 30@ WAS Divisional game, last game of the season probably to make the playoffs or once again left on the porch with closes in hands wondering if it's to late to get a cab.

I really think the first game of the season will decide the difference between another 8-8 year or 10-6 or better year. Because losing to the Giants will hurt bad or it could fire them up. I just don't know what kind of Defense we will have this year. If Carter is what we hope he is and takes ownership of the other backer spot teaming with Lee, this D may really be solid. Also the draft will have a lot to do with what happens this year. We need to sure up the secondary and add pass rush help for Ware. If three things happen, our Offense will put up enough points to win A LOT of games. The D just needs to hold on and protect leads. The Cowboys are right there and with the right personel moves can be over the top as our O has proved to be Championship caliber, but our D is just a few players a way from being the complement we need them to be.

Honestly, the schedule of teams doesn't bother me at all but all the early traveling does.

I am very excited to see what the draft has in store. I will be a turning point for this generations Cowboys team. It will decide Romo's career.

I will make one prediction. IF Murray stays healthy for all 16 games, Romo will throw less then his number in picks 9 AND the Cowboys will make the playoffs.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I think he's referring to the distance the Cowboys have to travel. They hit the east coast a bunch at the beginning of the season which can be tough, but the opponents overall are not necessarily that difficult.

As far as divisional games only, Dallas has the farthest to travel every year.

Or maybe he could just root for 2 teams, that way if one of them is playing well..well, you know the rest

I've been gone from Wisconsin some 35 years and have never missed at least viewing the Packers games. They are the team of my youth and they are my passion. They are "my team"

I spent 6 years in Minnesota, but never became a Vikings fan. When younger some of the old Bud Grant Vikings were some of may favorite players although the team was not. Still, how could you not repect some of those guys?

I've lived in Colorado now some 24 years. I follow the Broncos closely, I even cheer for them unless they are playing the Packers. It's tough not to following the team of a City you have lived in for over two decades, at least it is for me.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Or maybe he could just root for 2 teams, that way if one of them is playing well..well, you know the rest

Is playing well occasionally is a criteria for picking your team so you can root for them when they do, the Cowboys may not be your best option.

Dallas must at minimum split games with NYG and Philly and sweep WASH in order to even have a chance at winning the division.

If there's one thing the Giants proved last year, it's that if you don't sweep Washington you have no shot at the division.

DALLAS WASH NYG PHILLY

DAL X 1362 1589 1501

WASH 1362 X 228 140

NYG 1589 228 X 91

PHI 1501 140 91 X

TOTALS

DAL 4452

WASH 1730

NYG 1908

PHILLY 1501

Obviously, Dallas travels much more than the other teams in the division, for divisional games. And, I would guess Dallas travels more for their divisional games than any other team in the NFL. The number to beat is 4,452 miles in it's 3 divisional road games. That beign said, it is what it is and will never change b/c even if there is to be teams added to the league with re-alignment, the NFL would not bust up the NFC East.

NOTE: These numbers are aligned when I type them but it shifts when I hit post, so sorry if it is hard to read.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

And, I would guess Dallas travels more for their divisional games than any other team in the NFL. The number to beat is 4,452 miles in it's 3 divisional road games.

St. Louis to Seattle = 2142 miles

St. Louis to San Fransisco = 2077 miles

St. Louis to Arizona = 1549 miles

At least until either they move to LA or someone else does and STL gets realigned. They would fit in NFC North or AFC South very nicely.

St. Louis to Seattle = 2142 miles

St. Louis to San Fransisco = 2077 miles

St. Louis to Arizona = 1549 miles

At least until either they move to LA or someone else does and STL gets realigned. They would fit in NFC North or AFC South very nicely.

good call. I was also thinking Miami might have a long divsional schedule, too. At some point teams will be added and there will probably be a re-alignment.

St. Louis to Seattle = 2142 miles St. Louis to San Fransisco = 2077 miles St. Louis to Arizona = 1549 miles At least until either they move to LA or someone else does and STL gets realigned. They would fit in NFC North or AFC South very nicely.

KC to Denver = 603 miles

KC to Oakland = 1,799 miles

KC to San Diego = 1,680 miles

DAL to Philly = 1,463 miles

DAL to NYG = 1,545 miles

DAL to WAS = 1,326 miles

...so, we've shown that DAL travels about 1,450 on average for an away conference game...but all of their trips are shorter than all trips KC takes but their hike into the mountains...

...and...

...we've shown that STL travels oodles farther (further?) than DAL...

I think it's safe to quit crying for the 'boys and their awful, scary, nasty plight.

PS -- Miami travels 1279 to play the Jets, 1483 miles to play in Foxboro and 1382 miles to play the Bills. Plus, any time MIA heads off to play anyone west of KC is a far more difficult trip than anything DAL faces...