[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What did Ray Lewis Do ?

whomper

The Ravens won, Ray Lewis won his second Superbowl, and he will be a 1st time ballot HOF player...get over it.

He wont be going away soon either since apparently he will be joining ESPN. There are plenty of questionable players in this league, as well as owners and organizations (hell i live 30 miles from the "racial slur" team in washington but I dont complain about them when they start doing well)

If thats too much for you guys to swallow, go watch another league because Lewis isnt going anywhere.

So basically Lewis is a tool, and we're stuck with him. And you like throwing that in people's faces. So that makes you a tool as well. If you weren't a Ravens fan you'd be as disgusted as others.

• Like 1

Thankfully the media figured this out. I was afraid that Ray was all we would see after the game - Ray dancing on the logo, Ray crying holding the trophy, Ray accepting the Lombardi Trophy from Goodell on behalf of criminals worldwide, etc. Instead, we hardly saw him and he was the background figure he should have been all along.

It doesn't mean we have to like it.

I don't watch ESPN anymore, so I won't have to worry much about seeing him anyway. They can have him.

Agreed. I don't watch anything with Deion Sanders or Warren Sapp, this is just one more moron to put on the ignore list. Can't wait until TiVo figures out how to remove individual people from display.

• Like 1

The Ravens won, Ray Lewis won his second Superbowl, and he will be a 1st time ballot HOF player...get over it.

He wont be going away soon either since apparently he will be joining ESPN. There are plenty of questionable players in this league, as well as owners and organizations (hell i live 30 miles from the "racial slur" team in washington but I dont complain about them when they start doing well)

If thats too much for you guys to swallow, go watch another league because Lewis isnt going anywhere.

Quick question, based on your username are you one of those "die-hard" fans of two teams ?

As for Lewis, I don't really watch ESPN for pre-game or post-game anymore, so, I won't have to see him anymore. No one is trying to rain on the parade of one of your two favorite teams won the Super Bowl. Many of us just can't stand Ray Lewis.

• Like 1

Stabby stabby stab!

Quick question, based on your username are you one of those "die-hard" fans of two teams ?

As for Lewis, I don't really watch ESPN for pre-game or post-game anymore, so, I won't have to see him anymore. No one is trying to rain on the parade of one of your two favorite teams won the Super Bowl. Many of us just can't stand Ray Lewis.

Exactly. Don't take peoples hate for Lewis personal or even a dig on the Ravens. People just hate Ray & it's pretty well deserved.

Wow, got you guys riled up...lol

So Ray is scum, i get it, dont care, and if he played for your teams you wouldnt either. What bothers me is everyone wants to focus on Ray, and ignore the 52 other players on the Ravens roster as well as the coach. He was almost non-existent in this Superbowl but the focus here is still negativity to Ray. Flacco just won MVP, Jacoby Jones had the game of his life and Boldin showed true heart but the huddle football forum wants to continue complaining about Ray.

Heck, i dont even think there was a Patriots vs Ravens gameday thread, only stupid ones about Deer Antlers and what Ray did 12 years ago...pathetic.

I thought this was a football forum, guess not, everyone just wants to talk about everything outside football.

Football is a violent sport fellas, so it will attract both the saints and the sinners...the sooner you all realize that the better.

So Ray is scum, i get it, dont care, and if he played for your teams you wouldnt either. What bothers me is everyone wants to focus on Ray, and ignore the 52 other players on the Ravens roster as well as the coach. He was almost non-existent in this Superbowl but the focus here is still negativity to Ray. Flacco just won MVP, Jacoby Jones had the game of his life and Boldin showed true heart but the huddle football forum wants to continue complaining about Ray.

Heck, i dont even think there was a Patriots vs Ravens gameday thread, only stupid ones about Deer Antlers and what Ray did 12 years ago...pathetic.

I thought this was a football forum, guess not, everyone just wants to talk about everything outside football.

Football is a violent sport fellas, so it will attract both the saints and the sinners...the sooner you all realize that the better.

You don't say. Mind blowing observation right there! :clap:

I see what you did there... ;)

I agree, it is sad that there just isn't much substance here anymore and what you've got left is all the tabloid junk. But right now, that's what the media is selling and there are quite a few here who are more than willing to lap it up. It's one of the main reasons I won't watch ESPN anymore. But I'm not going to get on that soapbox again with this.

Overall, I think Menudo said it best with this post:

We've had Ray Lewis completely shoved in our face as this great role model and sports hero, and most of us see through it and realize what a fraud Ray Lewis is. He is a phenomenal football player, the best MLB I've ever had the privilege to watch. However, he is the exact opposite of the man that some of the media and Ray himself tries to pretend to be. Forget the murder plea bargain, as that is old news. This is a guy with 6 children to 4 women, none of which he was or is married to, who throws God in everyone's face. "When God's on your side, you can't lose" :sick: Prior to the game, he insinuated that the victims families who aren't over the murders need to find God. Are you kidding me ? I'm happy for Ravens fans and most of the players, but, having the Ray Lewis fraud thrown in our face has been nauseating. Yes, some of it is the media, but, no one has loved the camera as much as Ray since Favre retired.

CBS did right & didn't turn the day over to Lewis, but that doesn't change the fact that it wasn't all him, all the time up until that point and it's just rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

I would like to add though, I would in fact care if Lewis was on my team. I would be no less happy that they won, but I would be relieved that he would no longer be a part of it and would wish that he'd never been associated with it.

I see what you did there... ;)

I agree, it is sad that there just isn't much substance here anymore and what you've got left is all the tabloid junk. But right now, that's what the media is selling and there are quite a few here who are more than willing to lap it up. It's one of the main reasons I won't watch ESPN anymore. But I'm not going to get on that soapbox again with this.

Overall, I think Menudo said it best with this post:

CBS did right & didn't turn the day over to Lewis, but that doesn't change the fact that it wasn't all him, all the time up until that point and it's just rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

I would like to add though, I would in fact care if Lewis was on my team. I would be no less happy that they won, but I would be relieved that he would no longer be a part of it and would wish that he'd never been associated with it.

This. I wanted the Steelers to trade Roethlisberger after the garbage he pulled off the field. I will always root for the Steelers, but, will never be a big fan of Roethlisberger.

Fuinny, I actually mentioned that, even as a Steelers fan, I was happy for several Ravens. I just said that having Ray win, after all the nauseating garbage about what a great leader, sports hero and role model he is, was tough to swallow. Once again, congrats that one of your two favorite teams won the Super Bowl.

So Ray is scum, i get it, dont care, and if he played for your teams you wouldnt either.

Wrong. If he played for my team that won a Super Bowl, I would feel the need to take many many showers. At least he didn't contribute jack chives to the run, so you can always say "well, we would have still won with a 5th rounder in there" which is true.

What bothers me is everyone wants to focus on Ray, and ignore the 52 other players on the Ravens roster as well as the coach. He was almost non-existent in this Superbowl but the focus here is still negativity to Ray. Flacco just won MVP, Jacoby Jones had the game of his life and Boldin showed true heart but the huddle football forum wants to continue complaining about Ray.

Quite a few others have made plenty of positive comments and congratulatory remarks. Hmm, shocker, the guy that you yourself admit is scum gets much of the attention. Welcome to the media sans 1980 and beyond and welcome to the Internet.

That's such a cop-out. You crow on over the heart Boldin showed but dismiss Lewis as just a product of a broken system?

Wrong. If he played for my team that won a Super Bowl, I would feel the need to take many many showers. At least he didn't contribute jack chives to the run, so you can always say "well, we would have still won with a 5th rounder in there" which is true.

I, for one, think the Ravens D will be better than they were this season now that he is officially gone.

It was pretty funny to watch Stabby Stab wiff on tackle after tackle.

Ed Reed (I hope 'cause he IS a great player to watch) still might have another year in him!?!?

I heard a funny comment on the radio today "Today the Baltimore Ravens will have their victory parade. Immediately followed by Ray Lewis being raised up to heaven."

If he and the media did not try to make him out to be some saint it wouldn't bother people so much. Then for him to come out and make statements about the family needing to get over it (because he has) just shows his true feelings.

Sorry that some of the Ravens fans cannot enjoy their title as much because many are ripping into Ray.

As a Charger can who has never seen the Lombardi trophy come to San Diego, if I was told the Ray Rice signing with the Bolts would guarantee a SB win, I would pass. I would rather wait and see it done with deserving players than sell me soul to the devil.

As a Charger can who has never seen the Lombardi trophy come to San Diego, if I was told the Ray Rice signing with the Bolts would guarantee a SB win, I would pass. I would rather wait and see it done with deserving players than sell me soul to the devil.

Ray Rice?

what?

Oh jeebus! I meant Stabby Stab! I love me some Rice. One of my favorite RBs in the game.

See, I can't even cite Stabby Stab without blowing it.

Ray RICE, come on down (In my dreams).

:hangingheadinembatassment:

Edited by McBoog

Oh jeebus! I meant Stabby Stab! I love me some Rice. One of my favorite RBs in the game.

See, I can't even cite Stabby Stab without blowing it.

Ray RICE, come on down (In my dreams).

:hangingheadinembatassment:

See that's what you get for trying to use his real name, just keep calling him Stabby Stab that way you won't mix him up with anyone else.

(Of course I knew it was a typo but couldn't resist pointing it out. Didn't think so many others would pile on.)