[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sofa League Draft

spain

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 5 value picks of this Draft

These are the picks that I feel have been the most bang for the buck...through pick 5.10.

1.12 12 Rotowire - Randy Moss

3.05 29 KFFL - Curtis Martin

4.07 43 FF Today - Joe Horn

4.11 47 The Huddle - Eric Moulds

5.08 Football Guys - McNabb

Honorable mention -

5.02 50 The Huddle - Tiki Barber

This pick would "normally" only be a decent pick at 5.02. Since there were so many running backs taken early, I consider this a big value pick. Especially when you consider that mediocre-rated backs like Brown and Bennett were gone as early as the second round! Yikes!

Worst Picks of the Draft

These are the picks that I woud NOT have made. All these guys were picked too early in my opinion...

1.09 9 Football Injuries - Kevan Barlow

2.08 20 KFFL - Michael Bennett

2.10 22 FSP - Chris Brown

3.10 34 Draft Sharks - Quentin Griffin

3.12 36 RotoWire - T.J. Duckett

5.04 52 Fantasy Guru - Lee Suggs

5.07 55 Sporting News - Julius jones

Worst Picks of the Draft

These are the picks that I woud NOT have made.  All these guys were picked too early in my opinion...

1.09 9 Football Injuries - Kevan Barlow

2.08 20 KFFL - Michael Bennett

2.10 22 FSP - Chris Brown

3.10 34 Draft Sharks - Quentin Griffin

3.12 36 RotoWire - T.J. Duckett

5.04 52 Fantasy Guru - Lee Suggs

5.07 55 Sporting News - Julius jones

356488[/snapback]

In addition - I think these two were taken too early;

4.09 45 Fantasy Guru Chambers, Chris MIA WR

5.03 51 FSP Robinson, Koren SEA WR

Edited by Outshined

:D D McNabb is IMHO a top 4 QB and worth upwards of a middle to late third round pick. T Wheatley has been playing with the splinters in his ass from riding the bench on a team that sucked giantly last year, and is half a banana peel away from losing that job to Justin Fargas in the new Turner offensive scheme. He's a 32 year old RB that wasn't that good to begin with. :D

:D D McNabb is IMHO a top 4 QB and worth upwards of a middle to late third round pick.  T Wheatley has been playing with the splinters in his ass from riding the bench on a team that sucked giantly last year, and is half a banana peel away from losing that job to Justin Fargas in the new Turner offensive scheme.  He's a 32 year old RB that wasn't that good to begin with.  :D

356639[/snapback]

I agree, but I just wanted to make sure that we were on the same page.

Thanks.

Because of my draft position and the fact that I went with Randy Moss with one of my two early picks, I'm hurting a little at running back, so it's time to go after a few lottery tickets. Smith and Jackson are two of the most attractive lottery tickets out there. The starters above them are both injury prone, but the offenses they operate in are very fantasy-friendly.

He is not hurting at Runningback :D

Fantasy Insights is....He only has Tyrone Wheatly.

You'll see Kobe Bryant co-hosting "The View" before you ever see Tyrone Wheatley on one of my fantasy teams.

356808[/snapback]

Kind of reminds me of the Simpsons episode where the Simpsons are watching a show called "Morning Yak" where a bunch of women are sitting around ("The View" style) and one simply says, "Men." and the whole audience of women starts booing wildly.

Classic. :D

Back to the SOFA draft.

I would have taken DeShaun Foster ahead of Julius Jones, Onterrio Smith, Willis McGahee, and T.J. Duckett.  I can't believe he's still on the board.

356840[/snapback]

You honestly think that DeShaun Foster is going to get as many opportunities as T.J. Duckett this season? Curious.

Kind of reminds me of the Simpsons episode where the Simpsons are watching a show called "Morning Yak" where a bunch of women are sitting around ("The View" style) and one simply says, "Men." and the whole audience of women starts booing wildly.

Classic. :D

Back to the SOFA draft.

356901[/snapback]

Ironically they reran that Simpsons tonight on my local channel. :D

But back to the draft, what are we looking at @ 6.11?

QB: Manning

RB: LT, Tiki

WR: Ward, Moulds

Do we take a WR3 to fill out our starters, Plax maybe, or do we go for Shockey maybe?

Ironically they reran that Simpsons tonight on my local channel. :D

But back to the draft, what are we looking at @ 6.11?

QB: Manning

RB: LT, Tiki

WR: Ward, Moulds

Do we take a WR3 to fill out our starters, Plax maybe, or do we go for Shockey maybe?

357081[/snapback]

If Shockey is available I would grab him then come back with WR3 at 7.02. However, I don't think Shockey will slide past FSP.

I like the idea of going Shockey, if he's still there. If not, go WR, as I'm pretty sure that FF Mastermind is going with at least one WR.

I'm curious. At 7.02 do you grab a RB, or do you go with a different strategy? It really gets complicated if you go with WR at 6.11. You could grab the next best TE(assuming Shockey has been taken), but all the tight ends are pretty similar at that point. There's nothing but dreck left at RB, so do you put that off for another round or two? Is it too early to try to start a run on DT? I think good arguments could be made for each of those strategies. It will be interesting to see what WW does. :D

Edited by Dr. Love

You honestly think that DeShaun Foster is going to get as many opportunities as T.J. Duckett this season?  Curious.

357008[/snapback]

I do. Duckett didn't start to excell last year until Dunn went down. I don't think Duckett fits the west coast offense. I think Carolina is going to give Foster a lot of opportunities in order to keep Davis fresh and injury free. I really think the Huddle should take Foster with the next pick, ahead of Shockey, Plax, etc.

KFFL probably takes a receiver here at 6.08, considering they have NONE.

Fantasy Guru has no QB, and only one WR, Chris Chambers. Surely they address one of the two at 6.09.

I bet FSP takes Foster with the next pick 6.10, right ahead of the Huddle. He only has Ahman Green and Chris Brown.

Edited by CaptainHook

I like the idea of going Shockey, if he's still there.  If not, go WR, as I'm pretty sure that FF Mastermind is going with at least one WR.

I'm curious.  At 7.02 do you grab a RB, or do you go with a different strategy?  It really gets complicated if you go with WR at 6.11.  You could grab the next best TE(assuming Shockey has been taken), but all the tight ends are pretty similar at that point.  There's nothing but dreck left at RB, so do you put that off for another round or two?  Is it too early to try to start a run on DT?  I think good arguments could be made for each of those strategies.  It will be interesting to see what WW does.  :D

357119[/snapback]

I think it is too early to start a run on Defenses. Look at the scoring:

Defense/Special Team

All Touchdowns: 6 points

Sacks: 1 point

Turnovers: 1 point

Safeties: 2 points

Defenses/Special Teams do not consistantly score TDs. Without points for holding an offense under a particular score a solid defensive outing would be 4 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries and 2 Ints for a score of 8. A kicker who kicks 2 field goals and 2 extra points will score 8 points.

I hope WW would not pick a Defense at 7.02.